Hawaii sucks

I’ve been avoiding this topic since I started this blog but I’m finally breaking down to gripe. And I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flames in the comments about this or any future posts I may have on the subject.

I hate Hawaii. I’ve lived here for over 2 1/2 years and I can’t wait to leave. Sure, the weather is nice but it really does get old after a while; I really miss having all four seasons. But apart from that, I can’t really find a lot of redeeming qualities about Hawaii.

Most of the people I’ve met in the past who enjoy Hawaii only came for a week or two to visit. If you never get out of the tourist areas, I’m sure it’s quite nice. Waikiki is clean (at least where the tourists go) and the beaches are nice over there. But once you leave the tourist areas, Honolulu is more like a ghetto. Many of the buildings are decrepit, there’s trash and graffiti all over, there’s a lot of homeless people, etc. Behind the facade of paradise is the gutter of real Hawaii.

The local government could care less about doing its job and corruption is rampant across the islands. Last year, 48 million gallons of raw sewage were dumped into the Ala Wai Canal (the demarcation between Waikiki and Honolulu proper). This canal goes straight into the beach area of Waikiki. In the 2+ years I’ve been here, there’s probably been more than eight sewage spills around Oahu, most of them into the canal.

The city waited three days or so before they posted signs after one of the spills and only did it after public outcry. The reason is because they didn’t want to scare the tourists. However, after the big Ala Wai spill, one man died from acquiring a flesh-eating bacteria infection after falling into the contaminated water. The city claims there was no connection between the infection and the release of sewage.

The latest problem is between go! airlines and Hawaiian. Hawaiian is trying to sue to have go! shutdown due to predatory pricing. go! currently charges ~$20 for a one-way trip to a neighbor island. Hawaiian feels it has to charge the same but, since Hawaiian has a larger infrastructure due to also supplying intercontinental flights, they simply can’t afford to compete locally. They also claim that go! used Hawaiian’s financial information illegally after gaining access to it during Hawaiian’s bankruptcy filings. So rather than competing on service or other things that may justify a higher price, Hawaiian is following the route of the music companies and trying to use the courts to prop up an outdated business model, or so it appears. Hawaiian has admitted that they will raise prices immediately to “market level” if go! is shut down.

There is a distinct racial bias against white people and, to an similar extent, black people too. But if you look “local”, you’re okay. I have friend who is Hispanic and was treated like a local when he went to a bar, even having people buy him drinks. But his white friends were given the cold shoulder, or at least not treated nearly as well. And Zeus forbid if you’re military.

The term “haolie” is used to distinguish white people from all others here. According to a dictionary I looked at, haolie means “foreigner”. But it’s definitely not used for all non-locals, only the white ones. And I’ve talked to several native Hawaiians who have stated that it actually means “soulless one”, implying that white people have no soul.

Speaking of language, since when is pidgin English considered a bona-fide language? It’s considered an unofficial language of Hawaii; they have dictionaries, books, and even classes on how to speak it. To me, I just think the speaker is a completely illiterate imbecile when I hear it. Seriously, it makes a person sound like a complete moron when he can’t speak in complete sentences. It’s worse than hearing people who have English as a second language; at least you know they’re trying to learn English.

I have a lot more to complain about but I’ll save it for later. But I know that I’m not alone in my distaste for Hawaii. Nearly every single military person I’ve met hates it here and can’t wait for orders out of here. As a matter of fact, there was one guy who cut his shore duty short and went back to sea because he couldn’t stand it.

Update: Since everyone seems to love commenting about this article (probably because of the title), I thought I’d make sure readers realize that there are other, related articles to this. Apparently relying on people to look at the sidebar for similar stories isn’t enough.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2,121 Responses to Hawaii sucks

1. Google says:

Hi, I want to subscribe for this weblog to obtain most recent updates, so where can i do it please help out.

2. Harold says:

Well sounds like to me the Island kicked your ASS Haolie It don’t matter where you Go there you are sounds like you did not want to become a local brother granted there are many stupid people every where you where just hanging out at the wrong places Bro if you where being treated so bad I am from Northern MI and moved to Kauai 6 years now some trouble fitting in small Island but once people know me as a stand up guy most everything is cool .It takes time to build relationships sounds like your no good at that so time for you to go home BYE .

3. Bob says:

Stupid haolie, you must be on crack, retard.

4. john says:

I’ve had the same experience, it takes a couppla years before people warm up to you I guess they wanna see if you are gonna last ( about 90-95% of the people who move to Hawaii leave in the first two years?). I brought my dog out to my ex when I was supposed to die in a couppla months tops, that was almost nine years ago my ex has moved to Az, my pup is now late, and I’m still here. People still aren’t to warm and fuzzy but I’m fair skinned and grayed blond hair. I still get the HPM bull shite like a teller at the bank pulled some shite whenI made a large payment he made it so instead on going to principle and me paying less interest, he made it so I’d be paying some type of special payment method and I’d be paying twice the interest (like that shit wound’t show up on my statement and I won’t go in raise hell with the branch manager and then file a report with the BBB and write a nasty letter to Bank of Hawaii corp. about the branch manger allowing this to happen? While it may not be his fault directly it happened on his watch, and for you on here who say “stupid Haole” I might be just that, but I have a stack of notarized apology letters(hand written and typed copies from the employee and from the business and in some cases the corporation) from all you “smart locals” trying to pull that shit with me. Some have keep their jobs with stipulations of retraining, and donation of part of their wage from each check to a charity. Some I’ve made sure they won’t be rehired anytime soon in their field. Any request for information re: the persons job performance in the future must include being fired for discrimination (and theft in this case). I’m disabled and use a service dog, so when I’m in a store and you local folks ill behaved kids are running around unsupervised and decide they wanna climb on my dog and play? I say “Aloha, no can play he is working helping me to walk?” of course they are kids they don’t understand I don’t really mind if I’m waiting in line and my pup is just laying there waiting, but when I am trying to get somewhere and your kids are grabbing at my dog & getting up in his face and won’t listen to me to leave him alone, so I get stern and say “HEY LEAVE MY FUCKING DOG ALONE” and that’s when you suddenly become the good parent and show up and you wanna get in my face bout “Why you got that dog in here, HUH?” and go off on me for being in the store with my dog? Yeah where you gonna shop when I have your arse eighty- six-ed permanently from Walmart ’cause you to stupid to know I am Federally protected and have full access rights free from harassment according to the ADA (no my dog doesn’t have to wear a vest for you to be able to identify him as a service animal) which put’s you in a hellava spot? Ignorance of the law is not a credible excuse nor a valid defense. You know what the pathetic part of all this shite is? Most these arse holes calling us stupid Haole’s aren’t Hawaiians, they may have some tiny portion, but most are just as Haole as we are difference is they’re Asians, Samoans, Tongans, Mexicans, or Portuguese or something else they just have brown skin so they feel entitled. guess what y’all Hawaii is in the USA which was founded by white folks, you gotta problem with it you are welcome to go back to your own damn islands or countries that didn’t take over Hawaii? You apparently chose to live in the USA because none of you are even old enough to remember what Hawaii was before it was what it is and has been since the 50’s so get over your attitudes, you just look ignorant.

5. Alexander says:

White people, excuse, me, mainland people are the most racist pieces of shit i ever met in my life. The majority of you fucks are ignorant as hell, only capable of understanding one way of life and that’s yours. I’m in the military an never new what prejudice and racism actually meant until I joined. The military is the most racist organization in America. All they do is talk about race. As for living in Hawaii you fucking idiot, you adapt to where you live, not the other way around. Why should the people of hawaii have to adopt to your life style? To make you feel comfortable? Your ass fagget!! All you mainland people do is bring down and stereotype every other ethnicity in causal conversation and wonder why hawaii people hate you fucks, in fact why the world hates us. becuase of arrgant fucks like you, who cannot accept peoples way of thinking and doing things. All of us who leave the islands in pursuit of education or work all say the same thing on how weird you ignorant pricks or. We take our shoes of in the house its weird, we eat rice we automatically asian, spam is weird, everything we do that you fucks don’t do normally is weird. You cunts can’t accept the fact that we are all different. When it comes to our accent you arrogant fuck, we all have the ability to turn it off and on, it’s nothing more than your southern accents, black accents, and white trash accents. It’s just an accent you dumb cunt. Ignorant white people I swear. And I know your white. Black people don’t bullshit about our life style, only yall. One tracked mind fuck.

• nothingsuprisesanymore says:

I am sure you will get far in life with your, ahem..coloful vocabulary, it speaks volumes of your intellect. It must be a joke. you sound like a sad person..Hawaii will cheer you up! We will think good thoughts for you!

• Amy says:

You are doing exactly everything you complain that the author is doing.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Hawaii does not need to be “fixed.” That is neither YOUR control or concern……end of story. When people are conditioned to think that their way is the right way and only way…..it sends a message, an attitude, and disrespect. I’ve heard attitudes like this delivered to other countries and not just to Hawaii. It’s arrogance……hands down. I didn’t realize myself until after travelling back in forth from the mainland to Hawaii. That is how blind people can be. Difference does not indicate subpar. Hawaii does not need mainland changing. Hawaii is a different culture and way of life that has many more beneficial attributes to it than what the mainland can offer. I do not like the lifestyle and pace of the mainland. Time is money. On the Islands, time is life. The other Hawaiian posters are just responding to YOUR prejudice so do not slight them for defending their state and islands. Matter of fact, most of the people who DID harass me in Hawaii were originally from the mainland…..regardless of race. It’s an attitude and lifestyle. Just leave Hawaii be. Let it be Hawaii instead of New York, New England, the South, West Coast or even Alaska. Can you imagine the responses you would get from some of these places who would consider anything a “slight” to their egos, reputations, states, and culture. We would go viral! No one is communicating the same as the author is, they are defending and describing experiences on the mainland and mainland affiliated organizations. It’s the behavior of these places who should take responsibility and not the person/s describing the behavior. Big difference. You are pushing buttons because you have nothing better to do and probably are one who cannot stand to be “slighted.” Vindictive I believe is what they call it. There are pros and cons to all places and based upon preferences and are subjective. And, likewise for this blog in general. It speaks more about the author than Hawaii.

• Reilly says:

Why are you even trolling these sites dedicated to how much Hawaii sucks? Seriously, ask yourself that question. Then consider just how well Hawaii would do if the US dumped it as a State. All you uneducated, woman, child and animal abusing, unemployed, HUD/welfare-dependent, meth-head leeches would have absolutely no safety net. Hopefully, the most pathetically irresponsible of you’d die off and people worthy of the islands could take over. Ahhh, now that would be paradise.

6. My Truth says:

A few years back, I wrote a couple of posts, and today, I revisited them. Not surprisingly, I still feel the same way about everything I said about Hawaii in general, and Oahu in particular. But I’m still here, dug in as ever, while continuing to live a better and better life. Local people who live small, major in minor things, and think the best thing ever is to never learn how to speak properly, are marginalized – and they did it themselves.

Some time ago, a friend of mine spoke some of the truest words I’ve ever heard before, or since. He said:

“The best revenge is to live well.”

He was so right. He was so, so right.

I made over $90,000 last year, not including benefits. If you extrapolate the amount of money my company spends on benefits, I’m making $125,000.

$125,000…$125,000…I’d say that places me pretty far up the food chain. It gets better.

I own my own home, with a small mortgage on it, and $130,000 in equity. I own my car free and clear, and whatever my girlfriend and I want to do, we do it.

I’ve got cash in the bank – and, I’m not talking about a couple thousand. Let’s just say that I have a substantial emergency fund, stock investments, a huge fully-funded 401(k), cash in other bank accounts, and oh, a fully funded Roth IRA.

All told, I’m pretty sure I’m in a net worth bracket that places me somewhere in the top 1% – 5% in the Kingdumb uv Huva-ee.

But, that’s not really the best of everything.

At my place of employment, I’m a work leader/supervisor of 15 people. Truth be told, this is probably the sweetest of all the ways a man could “live well”.

That’s right, Kimo. Whatever I say needs to be done to my subordinates, who are all local, gets done by them.

Urinals and shitters need to be cleaned? Get going, Kalani…

Crappy assignment shoved my way by the boss? Hey, Keoki, get this shit done by noontime.

Here’s the best part: Don’t want to do something because you’re a lazy, vagrant, apathetic loser, who only knows how to do things “plantation-style”? Fine. See the thing that isn’t done that is supposed to be done because it’s the right thing, but then your pussy-ass, marginalized, and bigoted-faggot-ass doesn’t want to pull his own weight? Great!

Do it.

Now.

Now, that’s the sweetest of all kinds of payback. I’ve seen a fair bit of talk about karma on these message boards, and you know what Ku’uip’o? Guess what?

For all that lame-ass, 5th grade-style way in which you approach every part of your life, only to become the bane of others’ existence, this is my payback to you. I really, really hope you hate doing whatever I order you to do.

Don’t want to follow orders? No problem! Do you really want me to go “by the book”? OK, then, we can work non-stop all day, every day, with your pitiful 15 minute coffee breaks and unpaid half hour lunch break. Don’t want to do what you’re told?

Great! But, here’s what I have in store for you:

– Don’t ever expect to get promoted. Ever. You’ll be making 10 bucks an hour for as long as I’m here.
    – Expect to get hardnosed – and it will be legal. I’ll have you scrubbing the bathroom floor each and every day until it breaks you. You’ll want to quit, and that’ll be just fine by me. There’s another lame-ass local waiting for me to push around.
    – Don’t ever be late, break a rule, or let me find you slacking in any way, shape, or form. I’ll fire your pathetic ass in two seconds flat, and that’ll be the end of your employment with us – on the spot.
    – Oh, and by the way, everything I do here will be documented in memo for record format…and Kimo…you know you can’t write worth a damn. It’s funny; really it is, how easy it is to intimidate pathetic locals just by having a command of the English language – and to be able to express one’s self clearly and accurately in writing and the spoken word. Truly, truly funny. You won’t know what hit you when you read what I have to say about how pathetic and inefficient you really are. It’ll feel like you got hit with a fucking steamroller.

So, to my American buddies out there: I hope you enjoy this little tutorial on how to be The Man. I’ll help ANYBODY who wants to gain a position of power – ANYBODY who wants to better their lives – ANYBODY who wants to master finances and management of their positions of power…almost anybody…

BUT DON’T YOU COME CRAWLING TO ME, YOU FUCKING DIRTY LOCAL. YOU WON’T GET AN OUNCE OF HELP FROM ME, EVER. YOU GO DO WHAT YOU WERE BORN TO DO AND TAKE A PULL ON THAT CRACK PIPE WHILE YOU KNOCK-UP THAT DISGUSTING TITA OF A GIRLFRIEND of yours, WHOM YOU PUT ON FOOD STAMPS AS A WAY OF LIFE. GET LOST, and don’t you EVER contact me for help OF ANY KIND. You’ve made your bed, now go lay in the disgusting stench and squalor of it.

I totally understand that you aren’t able to comprehend the message I’ve left here today. Let me help by laying it out for you, OK?

1. GET DICTIONARY.
    2. OPEN DICTIONARY. MATCH WORDS HERE WITH WORDS IN DICTIONARY.
    3. WRITE DOWN ALL WORDS YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND IN DEFINITION.
    4. LOOK UP ALL WORDS IN DEFINITION YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND.
    5. WITH THAT CONFUSED, STUPID LOOK ON YOUR FACE, ASK ANY CAUCASIAN FOR ASSISTANCE.
    6. KEEP NODDING YOUR HEAD LIKE YOU UNDERSTAND. GO AWAY MORE CONFUSED THAN BEFORE.
    7. GO ASK YOUR AUNTIE LUANA. SHE WILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU IN PIDGIN.
    8. START FROM STEP 1 AGAIN.
    9. GIVE UP LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO.
    10. GET TO SHINING MY FUCKING SHOES, BOY, BECAUSE THAT’S ALL YOU’LL EVER BE ABLE TO DO, OK, SHINE BOY? GET FUCKED.

I do hope I made things clear.

And, stupid local, if you’re wondering where all the hurtful truths have come from, if you’re really wondering why people like me come on to boards like this to set the record straight, I want you to go into the bathroom and look in the fucking mirror. See that stupid mug in the reflection? Guess what? Well, I’ll let you figure it out…

Now, go and SPREAD DA ALOHA…That’s a real fucking joke. I haven’t seen shit from almost ANYBODY, unless you’re doing a favor for them. You can take your aloha and shove it straight up your ass. You’ve been found out. There is no “Spirit of Aloha”. There probably never was…unless you were local, Hawaiian, or part-Hawaiian – but, even then, you people go around fucking each other’s wives and girlfriends, stab each other in the back, and throw one another under TheBus. And, that whole garbage about spreading the aloha to others is just a plain fucking lie. I never needed it, anyway. Remember, stupid local? I have my own family, my own culture, my own friends, my own world. The love we have is not one bit less than any other form of love out there in the world. You might as well call aloha “poison”, because that’s what it boils down to.

Now, if you don’t mind, I have some work to do. It takes planning and effort to make sure I’m always steps ahead of you fucking people. Actually, not that much effort, but some. At any rate, go on being your pathetic selves, and I’ll just punch that clock every day at 7 am to RULE your fucking world and to make sure that you NEVER get past your pathetic, lame-ass level that you’re at now.

Go get fucked.

Have a nice day, stupid local…

• john says:

I have many a day when I feel exactly the same I tell friends in NYC, ” There is more fucking hillbilly here than back home in Kentucky, Hell you can’t swing a cat without hitt’in stupid!” and when ya call em on it they stare atcha with that damn blank stupid dead eyed look and give ya that yeah yeah yeah nooooooo shite LMDFAO. You are 10% correct in your summery of Aloha unless they believe there might be a slim chance of a bit of coin left to be shaken from your trouser there would be no reason to acknowledge you whatsoever. The gay men are the rudest bunch of uppity queers I’ve ever come across (believe me purely a pun), and they certainly aint all that. In the words of a friend “She thinks she’s a super model, mmm mmm that one itint even catalog work. Any other city, (and I’ve lived in 48 states now, you’renew in town some one wil break the ice say hey buy ya a beer, ask if ya need a tour… Hawaii is the first place the locals act like you owe them a round. they just sit there and give ya attitude.. It was all laughable. Now I realize I talk and write (yes I write much like I speak I am a bit of a goof ball, I’m a down home boy from Dale hollow Kentucky) I’m to old to be chang’in that any time soon. But I have been to college, and in fact I still go to college I’m in school again now. Have had several careers made my share of money and retired at 42. Now because I talk slow and with a drawl people here seem to think I’m an easy mark and y’all know how theses good ol boys pride themselves n being so damn clever they gonna ourt smart ya every bend in the road LOL so I figure if it’s that important to em I’ll let em Ill play along if the gotta fell like they are a big man but when it comes down o signing that paper and getting screwed I gotta look em in the eyes and say “you know I can’t sign that and get fucked so you can feel good about your self right? LMDFAO

Hi John,

Thanks for the response, and yes, I do detect your drawl – even in your writing! It must be pretty thick to be able to pick up on it in written grammatical usage :)

So, I got all of what you said. Not sure how much it relates to what I posted, but from what I can tell, you seem to understand that Hawaii is fairly difficult to assimilate and blend in if you’re Caucasian, and I would totally agree! This Fall will make 25 years in the Islands…

Best,

Truth

• nothingsuprisesanymore says:

Well said!

7. Rocco says:

By taking provide the lease and landlords. Jill is absolutely vital to contact your legal
    responsibilities. Also, check with numerous businesses, and various additions that will cater to the scratch or else the research part of a prior tax year,
    like a library of 4096 hexamers. Aside from conversing with roofing that they have a
    mess on the internet as my sole basis of the professionals.
    His family couldn’t find him. These can include a clause that acts as
    the Army?

8. I have never been to Hawaii….nor do I want too. Reading over all the post…. I see stupidity on both sides. Any coastal city is going to have a high amount of entitled people…. sounds like the natives of Hawaii are afraid of change and stuck in the past. It really don’t matter one way or the other…. In the future Hawaii will become Islands of decay and death in a radioactive Pacific. Cancer rates will skyrocket and the traits that made Hawaii a Paradise…. will become the natives nightmare. Natives…. when the blinders are pulled from your eyes and you realize “Damn the ocean might be radioactive”. Please don’t be a hypocrite and move to the Mainland of the Haoles. Take solace you will waste away with celebrities like Roseanne Barr and Duane “Dog” Chapman. No wonder….. Natives are on ICE…. I would be also if I was being ate up with cancer. It really is a sad story of Paradise Lost…. Natives you can keep your contaminated Island paradise. I will continue to watch the Dog…. round you all up for bail jumping…. and the state fining and imprisoning you. That is not my definition of Paradise…. so you will forgive me for disagreeing.

9. john says:

Dear Clayton,
    Thank you for your insightful post! Seriously. I had no desire to move here myself, I have no attraction to Asians, their it’s ok to steal from, lie to, white people, superiority complexes, or the nightmarish traffic here.
    I find it often makes me a mean person that I don’t like. Having to deal with looking into blank, dead, unqualified eyed people on a regular basis is at best frustratingly maddening. I did not move here because I thought it would be “paradise”, I only came because I have terminal cancer, am disabled and used a service dog for a number of years. The Docs said I had a couppla months at best, so I brought my pup out to my ex who lived here, so my pup would be well cared for? Since then my ex has moved, and my pup has become late, I’m on a very limited income and trying to do some good while waiting around to die.
    There is a very sad disease here which is rampant amongst the so called “locals”(*) (not the Hawaiian folks, the ones of those I’ve met have actually been lovely people). It is this whole “fuck you, chip on the shoulder, I’m really someone important, small town bull shite ignorant attitude. Attitude seems to be the only thing they have here besides over filled landfills.

*** “Locals” are people who have either recently themselves moved here and have brown skin (usually asian, samoan, portuguese, mexican, decent who think they are somebody, or perhaps their family has lived here a few generations and maybe married in s they have a bit of hawaiian blood, but never of course more than 50% decreasing with each generation. They still love to brag how they are Hawaiian when in reality they don’t seem to understand, Hawaii being a U.S.A. State is part of the U.S.A.? So people who’s families are founding families of the U.S.A. are actually more entitled to call Hawaii theirs than these other immigrants from other countries? Hawaii has to my knowledge never been part of japan, china, portugal, mexico, tonga, samoa, Hawaii has however been owned by Hawaii and it has been owned by the USA?
    Oddly when I point out to these self important “locals” this point that I actually have more right to live in Hawaii than they do they are not overly pleased by this logic. lol
    Most to young to remember what happened to japanese families living in the USA when we went to war with them last time….
    Sadly most people here don’t understand people on the mainland see it as a vacation spot like disney land not a real state, for the most part it’s nothing more than a dormant base, that the government ignores … until it is needed again.
    Then for those people who are spouting off about hating the USA and certain ethnic group i.e. white people, they will just be in the way, nuisances needing to kept out of the way or disposed of.
    Oh sad ignorant people who don’t listen to their elders, go to school, read a book?

****
    (In all honesty, I personally don’t believe someone can own the earth, air, water it’s something we should all just be respectful of, try to tend and enrich, help where we can, mostly try and leave no footprint and share as we trespass during our brief journey)

10. Amy says:

I couldn’t agree more. I was actually told at work I was “too efdicient” and to slow down. Direct communication is not valued here not to mention the air of superiority, though unfounded come on, that is rampant. Let’s face it – no one is curing cancer in Hawaii.

• john says:

curing cancer? Hell I couldn’t even get them to set my broken finger / wrist correctly LMDFAO Seriously, my left hand and wrist has been unnecessarily crippled because of a highly praised Peter Matsuura MD Orthopaedic Surgeon, after waiting a couppla hours while he was running late, he patted me on the leg, and said my arm/hand would heal just fine after he couldn’t get the X-rays to come up on his computer (taken in office and put on a disc that he had inserted)… as he left the room he yelled to the girl at the desk, …. wait for it …….NO SHITE this is actually what he said and I quote “Can you unstuck the computer?” and make mr… an appointment in six weeks? I popped the disc kept the X-rays and walked out

11. Almond Jones says:

Very interesting to read your post. This was basically the same conclusion that I came to when I was looking for homes there last last year.

Looking to get the hell out of Seattle and back to better weather, we looked at Hawaii as a possibility (I absolutely *hated* my 7 years in Seattle – crappy climate, unfriendly and passive aggressive people, bubble-reality, profound lack of integrated diversity, etc.). Because it would have been myself and a relative who is 69 years of age, we figured that Oahu was the safest option because it has the best essential services for seniors out of all the islands, even though the other islands are more like “true-hawaii” than Oahu (Oahu is basically California in some places). We’ve moved around a lot and have lived in many places in the US, as well as overseas, so we are accustomed to combing over a place very carefully to ensure we are making a worthwhile decision. And with Hawaii? Well….

I think we made the right decision by not moving there (we moved to San Diego instead).

Pretty much everything you’ve stated in your article is what we saw too. With exception of a few areas (Waikiki not included) much of Oahu was run down, depressed, and laden with shacks and borderline squatter-squalor’ish living. And all the locals living in these areas? “Uninspiring” is a nice way of putting it. A noticeably high ratio of them were overweight, unkempt and slovenly, looking like they don’t work or haven’t been working, and looking like they had zero pride or invested interest their own homes, lives, or well being, with no respect of- and value for- education. Amongst the locals, command over the english language was abysmal to say the very least, and as far as witnessing any of them speak any other languages goes, like Hawaiian, I never once was heard it outside of the airport terminal over the Hawaiian Airlines loudspeaker (marketing gimmick?). Several times I did hear what I believe was legitimate Pidgin being spoken (if there is such a thing as “legitimate Pidgin”) and to be totally honest it was pretty disturbing to hear in the sense that as a supposed “language” it was borderline ghetto slang form-wise from what i heard, totally lacking functional expression in clear, specific, detailed terms. It was Jive, with minimal clarity, and not a language of intellect. I’m not saying that Pidgin should be wiped out, but in today’s modern world, what value, mobility and advantage does a language like that truly provide? How can you possibly be a doctor or program objective C++ if your primary tongue is Pidgin? Really it’s sad, because as fiercely clutching onto antiquated cultural stuff like that only puts you at a disadvantage; the locals are literally shooting themselves in the foot and arresting their own development. Really? Kissing your future and prospects goodbye just so you can say “Braddah”?

Anyway, we spent tons of time going literally everywhere with our realtor, and we also had a car too, so we checked out virtually every place on the island, visiting at least 30 different properties. Having lived there 20+ years himself, our realtor also gave us the scoop on the locals too, and how hard it is to get a job, and how racism manifests itself there, how non-service jobs are very difficult to find and get there, how you really are living on a rock and you run out of things to do very quickly so you have to pace yourself, and how you should never go to certain hospitals there, and how many locals resent mainland americans and equate American schools and the american education system to mainlanders so they shun education, and how he’s paying tons of money and doing his damnedest to send his kids to private schools because Hawaii’s public schools are so laughably and horrendously bad from a both a teacher and student side (look up “Punch A Haole Day”), etc.

We kept an open mind, and though we narrowed it down to two homes that would work for us, we backed out. No thanks. Hawaii? OK place to visit, but not a place to live.

I don’t blame Hawaiians for being bitter still to this day about their land being essentially stolen from them and occupied, right under their noses. However, the irony is that their bitterness is their shovel, and they are hard at work – *very hard at work* – digging that hole deeper for themselves. They are stuck, and the only way out is themselves. Unless that changes and until then, and only then, they are kind of earning their badge of being the “bad neighbor”, the “crappy racist local”, the “dumb hawaiian”.

PS: For the record, in my life of moving around, I have friends that are Hawaiian, who are from families who had the foresight to get out, grow up, be better, be smarter, be stronger, be self sufficient, etc. And this can be said of any race – black, white, hispanic, asian, etc.

Almond,

That was a very well-thought out comment you made there. Take a look at some of my posts – one very recently, and a few in 2011. For all the pidgin, apathy, and toxic racism there is in this state, we need more people like you – someone who can speak properly, has the voice of reason, and calls it like it is. So, thanks for considering the move, although you didn’t move here in the end.

My Truth

• All of you can use as many words and profound statements while glorifying your pick of places to live and picking to pieces every trivial thing about Hawaii. But, the bottom line is that you will only be happy when you acculturate every piece of square inch on the planet with “white Anglo culture.” You are bullies and your words are only rhetorical…..no validation whatsoever. End of story.

• My Truth says:

OK, how about these words for you? Go to Hell. If it bothers you so much, quit being a shitbag local – then we won’t have to tell the truth.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Ahhh! The truth is subjective my dear WHITE friend. I LOVE being a “shitbag local.” It has a rhetorical ring to it. You are a dinosaur! I guess that IS kind of hard to swallow. Please accept my sentiments.

• My Truth says:

Good, good – your true colors are just shining through – isn’t it just like a local to call you their “friend” with one hand, while they stab you in the back with the other? Now, that is spreading the aloha…nice try, hun, but I have American Indian blood in me, so don’t be so quick – the only difference is, you folks like to play the poor plantation victim. You go and talk sink, ok hun?

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

For all of you who haven’t had the opportunity to witness racist white behavior trying to colonize other people and places……this post like many on this forum is a good example. “My Truth,” you can spread your opinion and rhetoric all you want. Sorry, but your race does not make your rhetoric and semantics fact. That is the bullying, colonizing and egocentric part of your behavior. The bottom line is that you want to take over. YOU and other racists just want excuses to do so. YOU as well as others know that some of the most vile, heinous, and criminal acts have been done to others in history’s past by the white racist greedy man. There is white. And, then there is “white.” You choose which best describes you and not others. That is YOUR responsibility. This blog is what it is and that is no one’s fault but yourselves. I am just bypassing all of the bullshit to get to the real truth, “MY TRUTH.”

• My Truth says:

Quit using such big words, Honey Girl, it’s really kind of beneath you. It makes you sound stupid. Now, isn’t that the pot calling the kettle black. You portend to all who come here to watch out for the big, bad, “white”, as you put it. Stop being such a loser. Accept the fact that local people are never going to amount to anything at all…except in their small, little racist culture. You’re probably not even Hawaiian. But, even if you were, they’re some of the biggest posers going. Go ahead, try and say that the ukulele is yours, when it really came from Spain. Let everyone you have your own special kind of music – when it’s really a rip off of reggae. Keep saying Hawaii has the best of everything, when it really is at the top when it comes to ice addicts, welfare babies, and lame-ass losers with their hand outstretched, ready to receive their welfare check that they complained so long to get. You’re pathetic. Go ahead, send your final response, send a thousand of them. I’m done with you. You’re exactly the kind of person I rule over, and that is a smug, self-entitled, lazy, victim of all victims who won’t get off their ass and make an honest living. Hey, one more thing to ponder – this board is titled, “Hawaii Sucks” – how’d you get here? Let’s just say that the truth hurts, and it also speaks for itself. Take care, Honey Girl, and good luck – you’re going to need it.

• You WISH to rule. Hence, that is your consistent argument. It doesn’t matter if it is justified or not. You argument , because you are a white Nazi, is to convince the world that we are racist and pathetic to justify your aggression?. Only the ignorant would believe you. Your type would wish to take over any place and not just Hawaii. Every criticism you have of Hawaii can be matched with the history of white oppression upon others. Hence, your comment,”you’re the kind of person I rule over…” You want to rule. That is your sociopathic underlyings of your criticisms of Hawaii and any place that boldly confronts your colonizations. Your sentiments, symantics, and judgments have no weight in the real world. ONLY among Nazis and rejects of the universal community. And, yes.. I AM Hawaiian by blood. But I am interestingly and uniquely educated. If there is anything bad to say about Hawaii, it is the “white” American who tried to colonize it and then blame the same research project as their (Hawaiians’ own fault). How stupid do you think people are? Seriously?

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

my contrasting posts prove you idiots will believe whatever you want to believe………….you are nothing but bullying white trash, Nazi colonists. ………that’s all………..same as yesterday, history’s past as today. ………you trash talk a place while you are taking over it and seek others to help you do this. and, I proved it by my contrasting posts………….until we discussed “women” things. then, this revealed the misogynist side of this blog and blog owner. you guys are seriously stupid.

• Almond Jones says:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I’m not a writer by any stretch (I’m actually a graphic designer), but if there’s one thing that life has taught me is that it is important to be able to get your thoughts out, and to always make sure you formulate your thoughts carefully.

Seeing the string of comments following my post, I see exactly what it is that I saw while visiting Hawaii those several times in search of a home. There’s this notion that what is happening to Hawaii is “Anglofication”, and that speaking with a little depth and speaking beyond just reactionary terms like “FU Haole!” is somehow a “white thing”. Sorry, that’s not “white”, that’s the pace of the modern world we live in. Look at NYC. Look at Tokyo. Look at Moscow. Look at Madrid. Race isn’t what makes those places grow and change. Education does. Scientific progress does. Business sense does. A growing population does. Etc. etc. etc. Being able to form intelligent thoughts isn’t a “white thing”, it’s what makes the world progress and keeps us sustainable as one race, the human race. Saying otherwise is a declaration of where the racism, fear, anxiety, frustration, etc. is really coming from. Doctors speak in medical terms. Scientists speak in scientific terms. Mathematicians, mathematic terms. etc. etc. etc. “Braddah”? Be proud of your identity and heritage, but be smart enough to know what the real rules of today’s reality and how to engage it are truly all about, and that what it’s about is very much not race.

If we expect to have any influence over it or say in what this world becomes, we have to play the the world’s rules. And again, that’s the thing that’s unfortunately being missed by a lot of Hawaiians is that what they are rejecting isn’t the “white man”, it’s the global reality that we live in today. It transcends race. It transcends national boundaries. You would think that even people on Oahu would maybe see that a little more clearly than some of the other islands seeing as how chunks of Waikiki are built for- and geared towards Asian tourists and asian money. That’s actually one thing that was kind of interesting to see – entire complexes geared towards just Asians. However, the anger runs so deeply and persistently that it clouds the vision, and has, and will, for generations to come.

Note: I’m not going to go off on some diatribe about how I had a rough childhood or anything like that, but I’m Hispanic, and the neighborhood I grew up in was not a very good one (gang-ville, it was absurd). I’m very much in-tune with my heritage, and I’ve seen my share of instances of how Latino culture gets aligned with some really terrible things you don’t want to preserve or perpetuate, as well as how “White People” get aligned with things that one the whole truly matter for the better- for everyone. My parents understood that education was the answer and steered me in the right direction. I will be forever thankful.

Be smart. Be sharp. Be clear. Be thoughtful. Be involved. Be experienced. Be proud of your origin and heritage. But, always know what today’s reality is really demanding from you, and your neighbor, and your children, and then engage it on its level. That’s how you make changes in the world, and that’s how the world that should be created, gets created. It’s not “rhetoric”, it’s reality.

Anyway…

Time to head down to the beach and get some tacos. :)

Almond,

If I were you, I might think of – not only myself as a clear, concise, and well thought-out writer – but you’re also one of the most reasonable and sharp-witted people I’ve come across on this board. I really, really loved your message – because it just made sense. I can’t remember how long you’ve been here, etc., but I’ve been in Hawaii for 25 years, and seen the gamut – from the smallest of prejudices – to the most poisonous and vile kind of racism right here on this board. And, there’s a reason for that. On this board, people don’t need to hold back the truth in lieu of maybe something like getting bad service and biting your lip because you’re late for work.

What I was most taken by, though, was your kind, soft, and reasoned tone in your response – clearly backed up with what I would call, the big picture, wide view of “macro-culturism”, whereas lately, I’ve been dealing more in “micro-culturism” – the hard-hitting nuts and bolts of day-to-day interactions with the locals, right here on this board.

You speak so much truth, it oozes from your email message. That’s the foundation. What you added to it was more of your world view, as a minority, living in less than desirable conditions, perhaps, and really blowing out of the water the notion that the “big, bad, white man” is the devil in ALL the details. I never had control over what happened 2 or 3 hundred years ago, so it doesn’t apply to me. I’ve been called a Nazi, racist, KKK, and other deplorable labels all because the truth hurts. You really did a number on that education thing. You’re just right, and the truth needs no defense. Locals bust out the racism card because it’s so painful to hear the truth about education, social problems, and lack of adjustment by the people who call Hawaii both home, and a military fortress of sorts – attacking anyone who disagrees with them on a number of issues, and flat-out threatens to call the police on you because they just can’t take the pain of the truth, and their resistance to it. That’s the real rub – refusal or incapacity to acclimate to the world we live in today (as you pointed out), and then they get hung up on how many ways they can count themselves as entitled, litigation-ready victims who can’t see the forest for the trees.

Some of the things I’ve written here are stark, dressed down portrayals of the truth from my (and many others) perspective. We can sit around all day and do the, “Are too – are not – are too – are not” game, but what it really boils down to for me is living the good life, and sharing it with those whom I respect and admire. Support groups like this one, no matter what label one would give it, validates everything you just said. There are thousands of people who have visited the Islands and left with a bitter taste in their mouth. The sheer volume of those who took the time to share their experience is downright mind boggling. So, if you and I, and some of the others want to come on here and compare notes, that’s valid. It doesn’t matter if the locals agree, or not. We’re the one’s living our lives. We’re the one’s who put up with all the nonsense – or don’t. And we are the one’s who have figured out that there’s more to life than someone’s hair style, mannerisms, and dialects (if you can call it that). There’s the world. There’s education. There’s business – and the rules to play by. And, there’s another person who sees you, and they will interpret and digest their thoughts of you from the word “go”.

So, when locals complain about the lack of a good job, for instance, they’ll find all the reasons why they didn’t get the good one over someone else. They’ll pin it on the interviewer, the process, and the temperature of the room. They’ll complain that they didn’t get a fair shake; that they were marginalized; that it’s not fair. They’ll look at you and judge you for your lack of compassion on them, or they’ll say you’re stupid for not hiring you. And they’ll claim everything they do as better than you and everyone else – and do so while they conveniently pick and choose history, their own prejudices, and other things that suit their situation.

But, they’ll never accept responsibility for their own actions.

They’ll show up in shorts and slippers 10 minutes late to the interview. They’ll look like Bob Marley, and co-opt his music to say it’s their own. They’ll not put any effort into a resume, or complete an application in its entirety, while what they do write will be marginal at best. They’ll expect that their answers are good enough, when they are anything but. When they get asked if they have any goals in life, they’ll look back at the interviewer with that blank, sad stare, and ask what you mean by a one, five, and ten year goal. They’ll expect to be hired on the spot for being local, and they will lie through their teeth when they fill out the ethnicity portion of the federal section of the application, because they want so badly to be pure Hawaiian, and yet, they shame themselves and their ancestors for pretending like they’re not part German, Irish, or English. They will place blame on you and everyone else for their failure, or for their parents or grandparents failure to get them into the right classes at the right schools. And the vicious circle goes round and round, all the while pointing their fingers at you and me, when they can’t even bear to look in the mirror at themselves with an honest, objective viewpoint.

By the way, nothing I said has anything to do with race – only behaviors, habits, and backward thought patterns. I just wanted to point that out – but not to you, Almond. You’re bright enough to see way, way beyond that.

You’re a breath of fresh air. I thank you for your excellent contribution to this conversation.

Best,

My Truth

• My Truth says:

Sorry Almond, I do now remember your story of almost coming to Hawaii, the 30 properties you saw, etc. I’m pretty sure San Diego was the right choice for you – and what you said about the northwest was spot on, from my brief experience of being there as well. I’m headed to the beach, too. It’s so beautiful here, the nature is. The dichotomy is what you and I spoke about – the contrasts and comparisons, etc. Thanks again. MT

12. john says:

First let me applaud you My Truth for your continued efficient debunking of heinous misconceptions.
    Next for all of the Proud Hawaiians here feeling emotionally damaged perhaps you can write to your Hawaiian political leaders that you have so efficiently researched, and as a proud, strong community, taken the time to make certain the people who represent you are of full Hawaiian descent, and speak the language fluently, as to converse with all the people of the islands, to best represent you and your brothers and sisters in the positions which you have surely elected them to do so in?
    I am not well versed in Hawaiian politics being a lowly stupid Haole, so perhaps you can help me as to whom I should vote for on my absentee ballot? Oddly I don’t see many if any Hawaiian names only Asian and haole names so I am perplexed
    Where would I get a list of all the elected Hawaiian officials, just whom have the Hawaiian people groomed and polished to be in the positions of power to make the decisions of and for the Hawaiian people and the state of Hawaii. You see I get very confused when my ballot looks like menu for an establishment in china town ?

• My Truth says:

John: Slam dunk. Epic take on the whining and moaning of Honey Girl, and all the rest. They have no idea what to do.

• YOu should consult all the mainlanders. If not they than He (hitler) can answer your questions. They know everything. they are superior. I guess the mainlanders will have all of the answers. They know everything! So, did Hitler. No independent thought required …….just obedience.

• john says:

My Truth,
        I guess my mission here is complete, as I don’t know of any other gay, jewish, Nazi, white, supremacist, hillbilly, colonizers, other than myself this is going to be ALOT to fit into a drag outfit to get ready for tonight ? LMDFAO!!!!! WHOLLY FUCKING SHITE! Someone needs to do another line or two (I’m guessing they are more like rails, ya think?) All the best !

• My Truth says:

John – She’s Fucking addicted to her Fucking crack pipe. Totally delusional, and actually quite like the people I deal with on a regular basis. She’s a total lost cause – more lost than she’s knows – a complete and total disconnect from reality…

• john says:

Truth,
        What confuses me also is also the term “race” I keep reading about, is there a marathon on one of the islands happening? it seems to be a term used often in Hawaii I take classes at KCC and would frequently have conversations where the topic of “race” would come up? it is still ask at their DMV and in state offices? Are Hawaiians a Sub-Species?
        I mean I do see people kind of squatting at bus stops, not sitting not standing to me it’s an odd pose, but I’m an old white guy, in Kentucky we have chairs with the back legs shorter than the front to sit on the porch so you are automatically leaning back? But “race” Seriously ???
        I notice your best friend on here keeps talking about that sort of thing?
        As far as I’m aware we are all human, and as a species right now we are all fucked for our arrogant attitude toward the care earth, & the creatures that inhabit it. The last thing we need is more stupid fucked up small minded people.
        People who live here think of it as their home and see Hawaii as a BIG DEAL, People on the mainland see it as just another military base with a very expensive beach with a very bad reputation.
        People in Hawaii don’t understand the other 49 states wouldn’t give a damn if it was bombed and sunk?
        Maybe 75% of Americans have NEVER been here, most never will.
        When they think of Hawaii they thing 5-O kitsch grass skirt coconut bra, surf board, poor english. tourist trap expensive?
        Hawaii is only kept afloat as a base. Nothing more. As you continue to kill your island with your already full land fills, and a garbage patch the size of texas of micro plastics circulating just north of midway atoll being ingested by everything from krill, fish, sea birds, to ahi on up the food chain that locals continue to feed their families, honestly ***Mainland hold your head high, and and talk badly about those of us who have come to try and help make a difference in what your people have whored themselves out for a few dollars for & now you are all yelling how we have done you wrong ? No you see I have done nothing to you, you see my people left no survivors in their wake. So had my people come here your pathetic whinny arse would not be here, you would be as it should have been fertilizer, something useful.
        So instead of talking shite of someone you know nothing of, how about you go get a paper bag pick your arse up outta your chair, and walk around your neighbourhood and talk to your neighbours and pick up the pieces of plastic and other discarded trash around your block and maybe see if you can start something positive in the area you live in?
        And Yes I do it every damn morning and evening in Moiliili where I live as I walk my dog.

PS Mainland, If you would really like to hear racist nazi shite, and see the scars of being beaten, burned, etc believe me I can share plenty of it with you.

• My Truth says:

John – as you can see, Honey Girl has not one ounce of respect for anyone else but herself – wait – she has none there, either. As a Jewish man, I’m sure you could teach her a little about history – maybe even some of her own, since she isn’t woman enough to tell any of us what other parts she is. Oh, and John, she is calling the police on us. Brace yourself! Be prepared to shove the first amendment right back her way…

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Nazis, white nationalists, racists, prejudiced, narrow minded, radicals, extremists, redneck………whatever you wish to call it……..I judge behavior only

13. My Truth says:

John: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain…she’s a shill for the terribly oppressed Hawaiian community. Funny…I don’t remember any genocide in Hawaii…except when Kamehameha 1st did it. But, you can’t tell a Hawaiian person that, because they like to selectively choose the history they believe in. Funny, but I never heard what other ethnic backgrounds Honey Girl has in her “blood”, but I’m willing to bet there’s some German, Irish, or Polish in there somewhere…That’s the ruse. They say, “I am of Hawaiian blood”, while conveniently denying every other part of them – and that puts shame on their family because they have ignored part of their own heritage. Another sham, John, don’t listen to it.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

genocide ………internationally and history’s past……….does not have to indicate Hawaii? Geesh!

• My Truth says:

Oh, I forgot…when Hawaii does it, it doesn’t count as genocide. Got it.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

you white people have been talking this way since whenever……it’s how you control, manipulate, colonize, slander, and belittle……..you are the LAST race which should criticize (especially openly on a blog) other races…You people should be ashamed of the atrocities you have done in the recent and distant past. It doesn’t matter if your lineage is from America or Europe………both histories have been horrific with crimes against humanity. So sit down and just shut up. You are just trying to colonize. If someone wished to colonize YOUR habitats, they could speak equally against YOU. Maybe even more so. So give it a rest genius.

• My Truth says:

Honey Girl, you are such a sad, and pathetic person for pointing the finger at someone who never did a damn thing to you. You seriously need to stop living in the past. I did not steal Hawaii. I did not colonize Hawaii. I did not take over Hawaii. And, guess what? I have just as much right to be here as you – Ms. “Hawaiian by blood”. Tell me, what are your other ethnicities? What are you leaving out? Why are you so bitter? Why are you so one-sided? Hon, I have not committed any atrocities on anyone. That’s like saying you made MIcronesians susceptible to being infected with TB – and even I know, as stupid as you say I am, that you had nothing to do with it. So get off this whole Nazi atrocities colonization bit. It just ain’t true. Truth be told, if your people would’ve put up a fight, I might have a little respect for you. So don’t blame me for the failings of your ancestors. Do not make it like any of us here today did something to victimize you. Grab a hold of yourself, stand up, take a deep breath, and do something with your life. One thing’s certain, though, you really are uniquely educated. If it’s in Hawaiian Studies, then shame on you for majoring in some liberal arts major. If you were one of these “Hawaiian Studies” majors, WOW, that would explain it all. I worked with someone who majored in it. He was the most victim-centered person I’ve ever known – and with a huge chip on his shoulder. Quit blaming others for your failings, you idiotic dolt. And…shame on you for putting me, one of your cousins in the same category as some kind of take-over king who oppresses Hawaiian victims. Christ, you’ll accept Puerto Ricans, and Japanese, and Filipinos as co-equals. The least you can do is to do the same for a brother American Indian such as myself, who got kicked off the land the same as you did…Penobscot Tribe. Look it up, you might learn something with that pointy head of yours…And another thing – stop hanging around “Bumpy ‘Dem”. You’re being brainwashed into an ineffective blob of a victim who has pity parties, and blames their shitty life on everyone else but them. Have a nice day, Honey Girl…

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Seriously, how stupid do you think people are…………….Remember, I am NOT on your side. You cannot spread your white rationalization filth to me…….K? As Native American Chief Joseph phrases it, “It does not require many words to speak the truth.” Would you also like to know other Native American Indian phrases about immigration, diversity, colonization, truth, money, family, arrogance, greed, etc. ? You Nazi assholes speak the same rhetoric EVERY time you wish to colonize a place. ‘US against THEM.’ It’s part of the skit. Everyone knows that the white man is the most evil presence on the face of the earth by your own choices and actions. So stop blaming the victims, idiots!

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

You and yours are the only living pieces of shit organisms on the face of the earth who likes to fight. ……….that is as far as your intellect takes you……..you are a violent species.

• john says:

BBAAMM!! LMDFAO That is extra funny because I went to graduation for the Hawaiian studies at U of H a couple months back with a friends Mum. Everyone got to stand and speak about their experience, it was like no damn graduation I’d ever been to? Because it is such a small school, and the ceremony would have lasted like ten minutes for them to walk up get their diplomas, in any regular kind of event it was a bit amusing in the sense most spoke only in Hawaiian. What I found most endearing was the people were giving their whole fuck the white man speeches in a true exhibition of self importance, In a day and age when everything will end up online? I am guessing they never intend to hold a real job unless they consider receiving public assistance a job description? Many of them well over the age of early twenties, unaware potential employer is likely to google them to find out everything they can about them, only to have their performance at graduation come up? Honestly in a word the arrogance of obtaining a degree in Hawaiian studies, and in some cases taking years to do so? BRILLIANT!

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

You are nothing more than a stupid white racist Nazi colonizer……that’s all…….this is how you work…..You did it to the Native American, African Americans, and now the Hawaiians. This is just on American soil. Not to mention other places around the world. It’s your modus operandi to make others think you are superior when you are nothing more than a parasite to life in general. You have nothing to give, take or understand. You are what you are……..a parasite and can never be trusted. You are soulless.

• My Truth says:

Hi Honey Girl! Don’t worry Hon, I am not trying to get you on my side. I just wouldn’t have it. Just as a person, you’re so poisoned with hate and venom, I couldn’t stand to be around you for one minute – so, don’t worry Hon, I am not recruiting you. Will you get off the friggin’ Nazi thing? It’s tired, old, and not true. It’s used by you to portray just how badly you’ve been treated – poor, poor Honey Girl’s been marginalized by the bad white man – whom she equates to every one on the planet. I got news for you, not only are you wrong, you’re just sounding plain stupid now. Stop it! Stop the fucking pity party for Honey Girl – it’s making you more and more pathetic while you repeat it like a tired old record! Oh, you must be really good at using Google to find a quote from a Native American.

This victim thing – you just identified with it. Really, that’s all I need to know.

So, answer my fucking question. WHAT ARE THE OTHER ETHNICITIES IN YOUR BLOODLINE? You have consistently avoided answering it, and it’s obvious because you’ve got some European or Anglo-Saxon in you, too, Hon. Go ahead, let’s see the real hypocrisy in your whole approach to this thing. Tell us – we know it’s true.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Only a Nazi white supremacist colonizer would worry about someone’s ethnicity. My ethnicity does not need to be known. So don’t bother flattering yourself. Yes, I have had the opportunity unlike many others exposure to WASP culture. As the Native Americans say, “Know your enemy.” You are like the Germans. “everyone is German to the Germans……..whom they wish to claim.” Maybe it’s their match? Well, they call them Germans too. It’s classic! You people just cannot face the fact that you are dinosaurs and always have been parasites. The only reason you have managed so far is that you are bullies and most ethnicities are not that warped. So they don’t and cannot imagine such horrific thinking. this does not mean that you are smarter. You are just a sociopathic race.

• My Truth says:

Oh, Honey Girl – one more thing. You’re a fucking hypocrite. At least I’m honest.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Sorry, but you cannot colonize me either with the beginnings of reducing me to size. YOURS! You white Nazi colonizers have always been projectors. EVERYTHING that you people say about others is really all revealing about YOURSELVES. This is part of the divide and conquer scheme which you people use. Classic. You are not an intelligent race. You are barbaric, rabid, violent, controlling, colonizing, and stupid. And, it’s been those very traits which were successful in colonizing other places including America because most other ethnicities are not as atrocious as you so therefore, they cannot imagine your vices.

• My Truth says:

And, you’re a pathetic piece of shit local who knows damn well you have some of the very same blood that you try and take down with those big words you use, and yet do not fully understand. Stop it. Go start your own blog under “Mainland Sucks”, or some shit like that. Go away. You are a fucking hypocrite of epic proportions, and you know it. It’s too bad you don’t like anything I say, because you have no bearing on me whatsoever. I’m going to continue being The Man in neighborhoods like yours, and if you don’t like it, then tough shit. C’mon, tell us the truth – you majored in Hawaiian Studies, right? Daddy didn’t pay enough attention to you, and you were trying to make up for the fact that it’s too late for you; time is past due; you will never be the dream you have had in your thick skull of becoming a pure Hawaiian, through and through. Instead, you come over here and bash people who have genuine shit experiences in this shit state, because of your shit people (part of you, anyways, Ms. “Hawaiian by blood”) – and others who try to co-opt the Hawaiian way by being born “local”. Well it’s too bad for you. We’re here…and Honey Girl, I’m about as dug in as anyone could ever be – you know why? Because I didn’t steal your fucking pathetic kingdumb, OK? This is the United States now, and as I alluded to earlier, maybe you should go hang with Bumpy ‘dem, because obviously, you have a lot to make up for. You’re inadequate in your own eyes, so you make up ridiculous stories about people living here now who had nothing to do with what happened 100+ years ago – and then you try and label them with tired old victim-related names like Nazi and Hitler – so, stop putting the blame on everyone but locals. You are really fucked. You actually think it’s OK to be born Japanese or Filipino or any mixture of those – and they’re A-OK with you, so just stop this lame-ass line of thinking about Hawaiians are being disenfranchised. You allow anyone but Caucasians into your little “inner circle”, once again another of your incredibly hypocritical actions. Get a fucking life, make something of yourself, and stop blaming it on the people in the here and now. Or, as John mentioned, maybe you should be running for Oha? Try that Honey Girl. You’re going to need all the ego-pumping you can get in order to get past your incredibly inadequate view of yourself. Go ahead, fill your self up with self-important Hawaiian issues and fight the good fight. I don’t give a fuck what you do. I’ll still be ruling your world and a daily basis. Don’t believe me? Look at my earlier posts. Next.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Yes, I DO allow anyone in my life but racist white Nazis such as yourselves here on this blog. You define people via race. Every “victim” story I gave before was a typical lure to feed into you people’s warped egos and stances regarding Hawaii. It shows how not only stupid you are but how invalid your blog and critical claims of Hawaii are. Yes, I am a racial mixture. And, I am certain you would love to know! my past blogs are nothing but bait and switches to reveal just how stupid you Nazis and this blog truly is. And, if it feeds this blog and your mission, then you idiots will take and accept anything as truth. This also means that most of what is on this blog is the typical Nazi white mans’ lie. Yes, you are a stupid Haole and will always be one by my standards.

• My Truth says:

Well, it’s a good thing “your standards” don’t mean shit to anyone. This isn’t my blog, you Fucking witless idiot. Nice try on luring me here babe. Don’t think of yourself as that smart – you’re doing yourself a serious disservice. Get lost. Quit blaming others for making promotions while you sit there looking stupid and impotent. Bye.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

like I said before , the ONLY thing you racist Nazis have going for you is bullying……..your intellect is nothing ……which is why you people bully in the first place.

• My Truth says:

Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but my intellect is basically feared by the locals. They know that if they fail in their responsibilities, – as opposed to “bullying”, as you put it, I’ll write them into the Fucking ground. So, don’t blame me for everyone in the local community that I know who are dimwitted, unlearned and dull enough to make me laugh hysterically. Go ahead, shore up your position by letting everyone else in. You’re just contributing to the demise of the plantation-minded. Go for it – I invite it. I’d love to hardnose someone trained by you to fail in life. That’d be just fine with me, so bring it on, honey girl…

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Your arrogance speaks for your intellect………..you are a class case idiot. You’ll never get it. Maybe it’s your race?

• My Truth says:

Yeah, sure. You run along now, OK? I believe we’re done with you. Go lick your wounds. Remember…writing you and whoever else needs it into the fucking ground. Look for me – I’d love to cross paths with someone like you.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

Thanks. I’ll see that HPD gets a heads up……….sociopath you are!

• My Truth says:

You bet ;) make sure you tell them about you while you’re at it. Loser.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

tell them about ME. What’s there to tell. I will just forward this blog to them and let them decide for themselves……I would think that your attitudes would stand out fairly well. So, you should be easy to spot. And, if it’s just another asshole they get and not yourself? Well, fine! One less Nazi on the island. ………..bye!

• My Truth says:

Oh really, you’re just as stupid as you are racist. Take a look at your posts…you are so stupid to think that you could get ANYONE in trouble for an opinion, so you go ahead and forward that link. Be sure to point out where you’re calling everyone here a Nazi and and all the rest. Anything you don’t point out, I’ll be happy to oblige. Later, loser.

• My Truth says:

John: Check this out – when a person has no valid argument, they start calling names – isn’t it funny to see Honey Girl spin out of control because we have told her and all who come here the ugly truth?

14. Anti-Hawaii says:

Judging by “Honey Girl’s” icon, choice of words and overall bias, I’m guessing this user is the same as gettingreadytoleave. She has made several posts a page back, ironically having a reasonable hatred for Hawaii with the rest of us while favoring the mainland.

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

how else is a person going to gain entry into a Nazi white supremacist blog like this…………you guys are stupid! seriously.

• john says:

I’m going to forgive you because of the shape of your head mainland, I was raised a good part of my life with my aunt and half brother, both jewish thus I was raised jewish… you just keep painting the picture of of your glorious and enlightened worldly education that you would like to share with the rest of us on here, truly I’m waiting with a worm on my tongue ( baited breath, I thought you being Hawaiian you probably are a fisherman might find that amusing …no still don’t get it?)

• Mainlanders clean up your own backyard and leave Hawaii to Hawaii says:

it does not matter how many rhetorical and beautiful stories you people write on this blog. You are racist, colonizing white supremacist greedy anglo’s. …………nothing is enough with you people. you want the whole world. ……..and bullying , slandering is how you get it since history’s past. ……end of story..

15. john says:

Now y’all leave honey girl alone she gonna be going through a tough time they all do here it gonna go something like this …
    I no worry if can can if no can no can yeah yeah no? ahhh no my fault hunney gurl one big buggar gotta ride bacca big ole truck cuz her can not get thru da doar ha! so k gurl we luv us a big kine tail gate pardy you buy all the booze right, can’t wait hear you yell I do everything fo him n he out fuck’in somun else he my baby daddy…heeeeeyyyyyyyy !!!!! then it take like ten cops to hold her down up in the railing of her second floor walk up cinderblock place that looks like world fair housing from the mid sixties ?
    Hell my next door neighbour is always bragging about how she is this big ole tough waianae chic blah blah blah I personally don’t think she got any Hawaiian blood at all most likely the bitch is portuguese Micronesian LOL which being neither of those countries never owned no part of Hawaii makes her less entitled to any part of it than me born here or not ?
    I lived in a building for six months where every weekend the cops were called (not by me) at least 2-3 times a night on Hunney girls it was so fucking gross ..oh and get this one of them called the cops on me because I was walking around in my apt naked with the blinds part open LMDFAO Yeah I filed a complaint against her for being a peeping tom stupid bitch typical no life !

16. john says:

Yeah no worries, My Truth, I think I’m Hillbilly to hold my own? I have one upstairs that likes to come down and park her crazy train by my door and go off on my Lilly white arse. I sent her back up stairs with her face stuck on ugly the other night after telling her I’ve been recording her bull-shite for a year & a half & I’ve been posting her bi-polar meth-aditiced bull shite shit on you tube and X-tube and was sending the URLs to the owner of our building to view. Then letting her know she needed to get her self outta my face before I get a restraining order taken out on her LOL. She went back upstairs with her face stuck on ugly. But it’s finely gotten through to her I don’t wanna hear her thinking she is exempt from the rules because I’m white. Entitlement has been a big arse problem with so called “locals” They act all respectful in front of the owner and all when they are here but they live on the mainland so they think hey there is nothing you can do I can be as loud as I want and fuck you? I have garage band on my computer and a portable bose speaker, funny how when you take some of their loud shite to their work or when their mum is over and blast it out your window, how damn quick shite changes.. let them know anything I can hear outside their apt is fair game to post online or play in public?
    Like I told em I sure wish I could figure out how to turn this damn thing down, or off but I’m just a stupid Haole?

17. My Truth says:

Yeah Buddy, Honey Girl sure is quiet…Also, Anti – thanks for that pick-up, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least. John – holy shit dude, you had me rolling on the floor with your stories. Fucking awesome!

• Anti-Hawaii says:

No problem. I also don’t agree with anything Honey Girl has to say no matter what she says, and I approve of you for writing these posts and putting her in her place. You definitely provide sanity to this blog for the constant nutjobs who keep constantly showing up. Most of the other regulars who would frequent this blog seem to have disappeared in the past few months.

This whole thing could be played out like a drinking game, if I have a sip for every time she mentions the words white, Nazi, racist, supremacist, colonizer, race, ethnicity, or victim; I’d end up hospitalized.

Hey Anti –

Much obliged. This has been a good day, to say the least. Honey Girl is turning us all into the police because she just can’t bear the thought of a fair exchange of ideas – no matter how distasteful. We get to say what’s on our minds, and if that means holding a mirror up to Honey Girl, and anyone else who needs it, to show how so very ugly, inside and out they are, then so be it. I think she basically couldn’t stand the truth – especially the part about her mixed race – because of her disgusting air of superiority in being “of Hawaiian blood”. So she threatens us with the police. She will be getting a big surprise when it gets shoved back her way, as you so eloquently stated just how much of a racist she really is. It’s funny, because my points were based on BEHAVIORS while she dropped the race card.

Again, thanks for your support of those who speak their own truths here on this board. If the number of negative experiences were counted up that I, and so many others have experienced, they would be innumerable. That’s the truth, and the truth can hurt.

Goodnight Anti

• john says:

Aloha Anti,
        john here I’m liking the sound of this idea LMDFAO but I think I’m gonna have to swap out the booze for a little Cannabis candy … you know when I get arrested with truth I might as well look like a drug addict, white Nazi colonizer piece of shit .. appreciate the heads up went back and read other previous post, funny how so many of the writing styles and spelling errors etc are the same though out post under different names supporting each other LOL

• john says:

Thanks for the heads up, don’t know however I will ever be able to take a break from chewing my nails now to go to walmart to buy a tarp to hide under and pee myself, and or if I have time to go get a blowjob ’cause gawd only knows how long I will need to be in seclusion for my own protection?
      The only thing more frightful than his threats of the popo of course is the thought of him eyes glazed over, fucked up on meth or crack or what ever the hell Miss thing in “the usual local, gay, over weight, unattractive, man-breast, tranny, running at me in his daisy dukes, talking about his hungry, wet, man-gina!” KILL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!! LMDFAO!
      (sorry about the visual, somethings, you will never be able to un-see… I realized it after I’d done it to myself, I think I may be temporarily blinded ? I’ll be in the shower with lysol and a wire brush scrubbing my skin.

18. My Truth says:

Test: Knowledge of Hawaii

– Kalani has two crack pipes filled with meth. Six friends are at his house. How long will the meth last if each one inhales twice?

– Lina Girl has $1000/month on her SNAP Food Stamp Card. If she has five keiki, how much money will she have left over for cigarettes and beer?

– Kimo submits applications at Wal Mart, K Mart, and City Mill. How many times will it take for him to fill out the application correctly and take the ethics test if he attended school in Hawaii?

– Auntie Hat has 23 muumuu’s and a bad attitude. How many Hawaiian quilts will she have to make in order to make up for her lack of personal identity and poor self esteem?

– Keolahumuhumukamehameha enrolls in a seven year Ph.D. program at UH majoring in Hawaiian studies. How many years will it take him to finish, or drop out?

– Lauhala has three keiki from three different men, although she does not really know who the fathers are. How many months will it take her to add another three, in order to file for Section 8 and stay home?

– Braddah Creigh-ten has ten pakalolo plants. How many one ounce bags will he yield? If sold on the street, how much will he make?

– Tita attends high school at McKinley high. How many years more will it take her to complete, based on a four year program? At what grade level of comprehension will she be if she completes the 12th grade on time?

– Kalei and Kakalena are arrested three times each. How many more arrests and convictions will it take to send them to prison for life?

– Pikake is sentenced to 400 hours of community service. How many hours will she have to complete if her “uncle” runs the methadone clinic?

Based on this 10 question test, if properly graded, the total score will equate to zero.

• Kauai Sucks says:

Hey My Truth,
      That test was great! Is it okay if I steal it for my site?

Hey, Kauai!

By all means…be my guest. Happy to share that with you, as long as you cite the reference, ahaha. Just kidding. Feel free to cut/paste/change/totally plagiarize my Hawaii Knowledge test. Enjoy!!!

My Truth

• My Truth says:

P.S. LOVE the Alfred E. Newman avatar… :)

19. john says:

HAHAHAHAHA I just pissed my self a little

20. john says:

Extra points on that post because when I first got to Hawaii, my neighbours first all gave me stink eye when I moved in …Having moved from Seattle via South Beach most recently (Although from Dale Hollow Kentucky, Hawaii is my 48th state, I’ve skipped Alaska & Michigan) I’m like I don’t give a fuck, I’ll invite people over for a BBQ & piss em off no worries LOL. they end up coming over, because of course they want to see what they can take from me for free (I actually hear one of the neighbours bragging “I go pick up a cheap cut like round steak to take with me to throw on the grill, so I can score the prime cuts when I get there.. hahahahaha)?
    Next day hung over and over asking if I got aspirin, I say no I got Percocet or Oxycontin, that do? Dumb fuck lights up like a christmas tree, you would have thought she’d gotten herself a gawd damn government job she couldn’t get fired from(Having been in in an accident on my motorcycle & shattering my knee I had some pain meds on hand, didn’t like em made me feel crunchy and mean so I never took em myself)?
    Now she wants to stop by EVERY DAY be my BEST friend and talk story, tell me her woes, and her pain level from 1-10 LMDFAO NO SHIT (I’m not a Doctor, but I slept with someone who played one on TV)? I tell her wow sounds like you are in a lot of pain, I think I have what you need to get you back on track, be right back, She gets all excited. I come back and give her the card from Urgent Care Kahala Mall? Kept a straight face and in my sweetest dumb good ol boy accent said I give ya last a wha I hea-d, but, they gimmie that there script from be-fo, I’m shur they-al gonna treat ya rite?
    Now for some reason, my friendly neighbour and then the rest of them all decided they were going to go back to giving me stink eye and giving me attitude(aloha? I put this in parentheses with the question mark as I do , because as you know, Aloha in Hawaii ACTUALLY means I will smile and pretend to be interested, like you, friendly to you while i think I am able to use you, steal from you, over charge you for something, lie to you, while looking you straight in the eyes), imagine that?
    BTW, I have seen no officers of the law coming buy to arrest me, have you Truth?

*** Also I remember Almond Jone’s story, you write beautifully; very clean and eloquent. Makes me wanna go to the beach for a taco with y’all LOL.

Yup, John, one word.

Users. Tell it, brother!

Yeah, cops haven’t been by my place yet, either…still waiting :)