Hawaii sucks

I’ve been avoiding this topic since I started this blog but I’m finally breaking down to gripe. And I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flames in the comments about this or any future posts I may have on the subject.

I hate Hawaii. I’ve lived here for over 2 1/2 years and I can’t wait to leave. Sure, the weather is nice but it really does get old after a while; I really miss having all four seasons. But apart from that, I can’t really find a lot of redeeming qualities about Hawaii.

Most of the people I’ve met in the past who enjoy Hawaii only came for a week or two to visit. If you never get out of the tourist areas, I’m sure it’s quite nice. Waikiki is clean (at least where the tourists go) and the beaches are nice over there. But once you leave the tourist areas, Honolulu is more like a ghetto. Many of the buildings are decrepit, there’s trash and graffiti all over, there’s a lot of homeless people, etc. Behind the facade of paradise is the gutter of real Hawaii.

The local government could care less about doing its job and corruption is rampant across the islands. Last year, 48 million gallons of raw sewage were dumped into the Ala Wai Canal (the demarcation between Waikiki and Honolulu proper). This canal goes straight into the beach area of Waikiki. In the 2+ years I’ve been here, there’s probably been more than eight sewage spills around Oahu, most of them into the canal.

The city waited three days or so before they posted signs after one of the spills and only did it after public outcry. The reason is because they didn’t want to scare the tourists. However, after the big Ala Wai spill, one man died from acquiring a flesh-eating bacteria infection after falling into the contaminated water. The city claims there was no connection between the infection and the release of sewage.

The latest problem is between go! airlines and Hawaiian. Hawaiian is trying to sue to have go! shutdown due to predatory pricing. go! currently charges ~$20 for a one-way trip to a neighbor island. Hawaiian feels it has to charge the same but, since Hawaiian has a larger infrastructure due to also supplying intercontinental flights, they simply can’t afford to compete locally. They also claim that go! used Hawaiian’s financial information illegally after gaining access to it during Hawaiian’s bankruptcy filings. So rather than competing on service or other things that may justify a higher price, Hawaiian is following the route of the music companies and trying to use the courts to prop up an outdated business model, or so it appears. Hawaiian has admitted that they will raise prices immediately to “market level” if go! is shut down.

There is a distinct racial bias against white people and, to an similar extent, black people too. But if you look “local”, you’re okay. I have friend who is Hispanic and was treated like a local when he went to a bar, even having people buy him drinks. But his white friends were given the cold shoulder, or at least not treated nearly as well. And Zeus forbid if you’re military.

The term “haolie” is used to distinguish white people from all others here. According to a dictionary I looked at, haolie means “foreigner”. But it’s definitely not used for all non-locals, only the white ones. And I’ve talked to several native Hawaiians who have stated that it actually means “soulless one”, implying that white people have no soul.

Speaking of language, since when is pidgin English considered a bona-fide language? It’s considered an unofficial language of Hawaii; they have dictionaries, books, and even classes on how to speak it. To me, I just think the speaker is a completely illiterate imbecile when I hear it. Seriously, it makes a person sound like a complete moron when he can’t speak in complete sentences. It’s worse than hearing people who have English as a second language; at least you know they’re trying to learn English.

I have a lot more to complain about but I’ll save it for later. But I know that I’m not alone in my distaste for Hawaii. Nearly every single military person I’ve met hates it here and can’t wait for orders out of here. As a matter of fact, there was one guy who cut his shore duty short and went back to sea because he couldn’t stand it.

Update: Since everyone seems to love commenting about this article (probably because of the title), I thought I’d make sure readers realize that there are other, related articles to this. Apparently relying on people to look at the sidebar for similar stories isn’t enough.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4,287 Responses to Hawaii sucks

1. My Truth says:

By the way, Hawaii is number TWO on the list of MOST CONSUMER DEBT IN THE COUNTRY, HERE:

😉

• veronica says:

Thank you for the article, but we just came back from Hawaii on Friday and we were not impressed. We live in Sydney Australia and for some silly reason we thought going to Hawaii would relax us. Our vision was that we would be sitting by the beach drinking Pina Coladas and just chilling.
      Unfortunately now I realised that as an Australian there is not much point going to see world beaches to relax in Sydney alone there are 71 and no offence they are much better quality beaches than Waikiki. For one we don’t have most of the major Hotel chains stealing the Ocean front direct to the beach. In general our sand a lot finer, softer and more golden than any beach I saw in Oahu. The actual sand area is also very small so it feels like you’re going straight into the water. Unless of course you are staying in a 5 star hotel and you get privileged area.
      The toilets in the beach are nice and clean but they don’t have lot’s of showers and change rooms like they do in Australia. Makes it a lot harder to get changed.
      There is actually a lot fake grass around Waikiki and near the beach which is terrible as it gets hot, it’s itchy and because there’s concrete underneath it is not ideal for laying down.
      Also, we were very upset to see so many homeless people. They never show you this in travel brochures. Couldn’t believe someone I sleeping on a park bench while someone is sleeping in a 5 star hotel a couple of meters down the street.
      Overall we found the food on offer terrible. Not much variety at all. Burgers, Japanese, steak houses or maybe Thai and touch of Mexican but that was it. The streets are pretty, clean and organised but there are so many apartment buildings I couldn’t relax. Made me unsettled. Felt a bit congested. The shopping is great but not something I would like to do everyday anyway. I think the whole place is just geared for Asian tourist, old wealthy retired people or hippy surfers in the other beaches. But overall very disappointing. I relax more in Sydney. Maybe I’ll try a cold place next time.

• My Truth says:

I’m with you Veronica, you may have misunderstood my meaning in posting that article. Welcome to Hawaii Sucks, where most people who post here will tell you exactly just how bad it actually is in Hawaii…and for people like myself and John, Betty, ICU, and Renee, we’ve got all the stories for you, if you’d like. Since we’ve lived there at one time or another, we’re pretty much the experts on just how shitty Hawaii is. Take care 😉

My Truth

My Truth so true!
        Veronica Hawaii is really low end and gutter butt. You hardly scratched the surface. I’m sorry you wasted your money!

😉

• My Truth says:

To paraphrase, that number two in consumer debt thing means people who live in Hawaii have the most debt – and not much else. 🙂

• Lived on the Big Island (Hilo side) for 2 1/2 years. I cannot believe it, but I cannot wait to move back to Indy-Freakin-ana. I found myself in the unusual and envious position of being able to move (no kids, reasonable income and savings). I had never been to Hawaii- but my reasoning seemed solid- paradise (while still in the US), live the dream while I’m still relatively young (41).

First, I must say it is very beautiful and exotic. There is a LOT to do here. Some of the most beautiful scenery I’ve ever seen. I learned to surf at Honolii beach (get a lesson, and be prepared to get hurt), which I will miss SO MUCH.
      The weather is indeed lovely (Winters can be chilly and damp, summers are VERY humid and hot). The water and air quality is second to none (I will SO miss my catchment system- cleanest water on the planet!).

BUT, it’s hella-expensive here. IT REALLY IS. And the job market SUCKS. If you aren’t Japanese (most govt jobs) or Hawaiian (trades), you will have a very tough time finding anything. If you’re white, you will be OPENLY discriminated against.
      The irony is that my Great-Grandmother was Hawaiian, but I look very white. I came here with a smile on my face, ready to accommodate and learn the culture. I’d say that 75% of the time Hawaiians are very friendly and nice (seems that you get back what you give). But the 25% that hate haoles REALLY hate haoles. And the Japanese (95%) just hate white people with a passion.

The govt here is WAY MAJOR THIRD-WORLD CORRUPT. Just Google the Kealohas.
      The homeless problem is ridiculous. And the govt goes out of thier way to accommodate them!

Outside of the tourist areas, it can be very trashy. Many people just leave shit in their yards. They just dump their rubbish on the side of the road.
      The educational system here IS 3rd world. IT IS BAD BAD.

There is quite a bit of crime throughout the islands. and Stay outta Puna. Hilo is decent. But mind your own business and keep your head low. Be nice but not overly friendly.
      There is a VERY bad crystal meth problem here. And I will say that there is definitely a culture of laziness.

The restaurants are consistently bad. Even the higher priced places are mediocre. AND EXPENSIVE.

And no matter where you live EH-EVERYBODY has several dogs per household. AND COCKS. and they sometimes crow all day and all night. There are chickens EVERYWHERE! As you might expect, there is an underground dog-fighting and cock-fighting problem here.

Property values are just stupid. Hilo starts at $300k. And it’s one of the least expensive places on the island chain.

In a way I don’t want to leave. I love the immediate access to surfing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, hiking. But there are so many other places on Earth I want to visit, that I just can’t justify the continued financial drain. If you take away the beauty of the Islands and some of the people, you’re left with a second-world place that is expensive, backwards, can be dirty and criminal. If you have $$, it can be a great place to live. If you have limited funds, don’t move here. You’ll be competing with locals for the very limited resources, and most times you’ll lose out.

2. john says:

Amen to that ! So Happy for you and yours… I just paid off two more cards, and have a couple grand put away towards my return to sanity down to less than 2k in card debt … (mostly due to fucked up corrupt federally funded state offices …. and their incompetent staff…) counting the months till my ass is outta this outhouse …. (although honestly I would like to stay and watch locals lose everything trump takes us to war…. ) … I feel after the time I’ve spend I deserve the last laugh.

John,

It’s people like you who DO get the last laugh – and you DO deserve it! I am so happy to hear how close you are to leaving. I just can’t express enough to you, my good friend, how much happier and more fulfilled I am – and it’s only been a year!!!

Hang in there, we’re brothers-at-arms, linked together with the bond of brotherhood, patriotism, and the cause for common-fucking-sense!!!

It’s great to hear from you so soon after posting.

Best,

Truth

3. ICU8PUC2 says:

MT,
    Have you noticed the uptick in violent crime in Waikiki and overall increase in crime Island wide? Coupled with the Police Chief’s corruption case and the rail scam, the place is spiraling….we got out at the right time. Rising fees, taxes, congestion off the charts, and overall low quality of every day living. Total scam when the place ranks at the top of quality of life…..

ICU,

I have not kept up at all with what’s going on in Hawaii, or as I screamed at the top of my lungs toward a local lady who was defending her idiot family member, “You get NONE of what I have to offer. Done. Zero.”

But it doesn’t surprise me!

4. ICU8PUC2 says:

I do check the HNL Daily rag periodically

• Renee says:

Hawaii might be paradise if the victim mentality low class trash local Asian mix hillbillies would LEAVE. What the island needs is the European work ethic and morals that dominates civilized countries.

5. My Truth says:

Hi Guys!

I just wanted to share the latest local shitbag stepping all over his own dick (sorry, girls…)

What a fucking SHITBAG moron piece-of-shit local. Yeah, that’s it! Ruin your car, and someone else’s because you’re MAD, and can’t control your HOT-HEAD, GRADE-SCHOOL-LEVEL temper. You “get one big-body?” Take that shitbag body of yours down to the HPD cellblock where it BELONGS…

AGAIN, NO REGRETS LEAVING THAT ONE-HORSE SHITHOLE!

Bye guys 😉

MT 🙂

6. ICU8PUC2 says:

Civil unrest in ‘Republicana de Banana”. Many function at the boiling point living on that congested mess filled with 3rd World Vermin who fester on the brink of despair and homelessness. This is just a snapshot of what lies below most locals psyche who live in a culture of violence, teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, and poverty. Oahu is at the boiling point with rising crime and rising homelessness. This will become more common….

• Renee Casillas says:

Hawaii was very nice 20 years ago. I really liked it, minus the shitbag locals . I did love the educated international students . once I stepped outside my lovely educated Mania ugh….even 20 years ago. Now Oahu looks like a poverty stricken war torn country. Yuck. The worst is the locals have such a victim mentality…. They WANT prejudice. Well the way they act they got it. I stick to educated internationals and lovely visitors when in Hawaii. I can hardly stand to be around that horrid pidgin and slapstick humor for a second! Mexico is a nicer place to visit. Not so many Asian mix scumbags. I do like the REAL Hawaiians in Waianae, it seems the Asian mutt mixes are all insecure they are not Hawaiian enough. Yuck.

• john says:

asian & portuguese mutt gangster wannabes, local asians who don’t speak english giving you stink eye and walking way around you with a disgusted look on their face… while they themselves look worn, grungy, diseased, so many drugged out freaks, obscene amounts of homeless, the smell of filth and human urine and excrement… doesn’t matter if there is a trash can on every corner of streets or every 150 feet in the parks trash is thrown on the ground instead….. the ghetto / slum mentality in Oahu now signifies hawaii…

• My Truth says:

Even MY DAD, who is 78 YEARS OLD has said that Hawaii has changed in the last 30 years. Of course, he was agreeing with me while I was spouting off exactly what you were Renee, ICU, and John…

7. Renee Casillas says:

Anybody else here really ENJOY watching President Trumps trip to Asia??? He nearly skipped that stench land mine of Hawaii ( too poor for his taste) then went to Japan, the nation that bombed Hawaii (and slaughtered China and nearly every other Asian nation but that’s another matter) Anyway the uneducated locals of Hawaii nearly worship everything Japanese, which is retarded. I watched again and again our president DUMP the Koi fish food in the Japanese pond irreverently in that island dwarf nation!!!! I’m sure the Hawaii locals would have spit out their spam. How I love our president, BOSS. He bows to nobody, not even the island dwarf Emperor👍👍👍

8. Renee Casillas says:

Also I heard President Trump met with Ige and Caldwell– can’t stand wither one of them. For Hawaii’s sake I hope Ige was told just to shut up and let Caldwell do the talking. Have you ever heard this governor talk? He sounds as inarticulate and illiterate as fk. Can hardly stumple through a sentence. Trump wouldn’t respect Hawaii for shits after talking to him and would pull out funding. Gross. I’m glad our High class MILITARY greeted Trump and all the homeless cleared for his route to the RITZ CARLTON and back to the airport and out of that shithole!!

• My Truth says:

Classic comments about Ige.

Do you have video links of all this stuff you’re talking about? You guys had a fucking PARTY while I was sleeping in hahaha

9. ICU8PUC2 says:

Renee is bringing it!!! Ironic that the state swept out all the homeless camp from the H-1 / Dillingham area just a week before his arrival. Hawaii is nothing more than a Aircraft Carrier for US Military interests in the Pacific and is becoming more irrelevant as Guam and forces in Japan and Korea are being built up. Most locals do not know the atrocities the Japanese committed in the early and mid 20th Century….

• Renee Casillas says:

They don’t know because they are uneducated and barefoot and choose to stay stuck in the past and complain about everything modern and mainland…while being addicted to those EBT cards, TANF and Social security benefits , HUD and Section 8, WiFi, …..I could go on and on. Ignorant asswipes….yea they showed Trump the cleaned up route to the Ritz! Wish he could see that Hawaii is pretty much Puerto Rico and deserves the same treatment and funding.

• john says:

They don’t know the atrocities, because in hawaii, many local juniors in college have never read a book… never mind they can’t speak anything but pidgin.

10. ICU8PUC2 says:

An intellectual wasteland of lost inbred mutants who cannot function in a world moving forward. I think he knows the People’s Republic of Hawaii is just another Puerto Rico…. They think they are just so special giving out Lei’s and eating dog food……The disparity of income is rising and crime is increasing as well….. more hold-ups, robberies, murder, etc….. circling the drain….

• Renee Casillas says:

Haha Trump ripped off that stinky lei before getting into his Limo👍👍👍 He sure as fk ain’t eating their dog food, I’m sure the meal he had at the Ritz was REAL meat and potatoes, fine dining. Real silverwear , no chopsticks for him I’m sure he used a fork and knife👍👍 locals were pised about the rwmoival of the lei LOL. Not everybody loves Hawaii!!!!!

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Your takes are spot on. As I told “My Truth”; my old boss at Ft. Shafter offered me more money to return, but I told him I needed more to put up with Polynesian Paralysis and to purchase another compound to wall myself away from the grungy, disheveled, beaten looking locals….. The way you paint the place is exactly what most see after living there for some time…..Classic!!!!

• Renee Casillas says:

Good choice!!! No way in hell would I want to work with lazy locals. You end up doingbyour work and THEIR work because simply put, they are not only lazy but incapable. Out of jealousy they will then try to get you fired and or take credit four your work. Been there done that. From this me to time I get nostoligic for HI but only when I think of my international school days gong to school with educated internationalks and mainland visitors. Want nothing to do with Hawaii outside that box!!!

• john says:

I recently was assaulted at punchbowl & beretania, just left surgery still a fucked up on anesthesia… straddling my road bike, big stupid tweeked out portuguese gay starts yelling at me as he’s coming up the street, tries to kick me in the face, starts grabbing at my stuff, glasses phone when I took it out to call the cops… yelling MINE in my face.. told the cops it aint gonna happen again going to start carrying and strap my climbing ax to my bike … Cops tell me if you hurt the person assaulting/robbing you (i.e. a local) you will be charged and jailed for criminal assault… they advised I buy some pepper spray… I said I hope you remember to tell your wife and kids to buy some too then.. war is just around the corner, and karma is going to suck for hawaii’s locals.

• Renee Casillas says:

Another reason I won’t move back: I can’t open carry my gun. Sorry this happened to you. Uneducated thug wannabes.

• John says:

Yep yep on the home stretch just paid off two more cards working to get the last of it paid off and another couple grand to move with and I’ll be on my way back to reality

• My Truth says:

John, I’m sorry…what did you have fixed in surgery? Did they get that ignorant FUCK???

• john says:

MT you know better… although the glorified metermaids/security guards showed up in a couple minutes… they didn’t even bother looking .. they got a call, while standing there about a disturbance in the hospital cafeteria .. the one says to the other “probably the same guy from yesterday, no use going …” then they gave me the lecture on how defending myself /property would be considered a criminal assault … I guess when your job is getting dressed up to look important and driving back & forth around town making sure no one actually gets arrested for crime (unless of course you’re white) they are perpetuating their job security … bunch of worthless ass wipes… living in hawaii really does make you see the good in genocide…

• My Truth says:

Sorry to hear John… keep plugging away at those cards…

11. Renee Casillas says:

Sorry all the typos I’m on a tiny kindle!!! Lol

• john says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA Really Renee, we’ve all lived in hawaii … we can read just about any spelling of any word … you know da kind ?

12. Renee Casillas says:

John
    Even if you did have pepper spray or mace, even if you DID defend yourself, the corrupt HPD gonna be on the little retarded island dwarfs side.Better to just move back to AMERICA and leave Puerto Rico the 2nd….hot shithole wasteland with a bunch of hostile illiterate fucktards

13. My Truth says:

Hi Folks,

Wanted to share one of Hawaii’s finest with you…Enjoy.

Fucking shitbag.

MT

• john says:

big island hilotucky… actually a talented artist…his shop was always busy… total freak show to look at… used to see him on the street in passing alot when I lived there … then again “downtown” hilo is a bit of a circus in itself

• john says:

even bigger freak show in town is the kealoha’s … they completely epitomise the spirit of hawaii in both their actions and words, you’d think all the “locals” preaching “aloha & forgiveness” would step up and reach deep to pay their legal fees

• My Truth says:

Guy’s a fucking disgusting pig. But he wants people to think that, I’m sure…

• john says:

M.T. …. now you’re just being hateful insulting swine hahahahahahahahaha personally I can’t imagine being so fucked up you could ever think looking down and seeing that hanging off your dick, was even remoting a good thing…

Column
        Neal Milner: This ‘Power Couple’ Is Not So Cool
        They’re the center of attention, sure, but the ex-police chief and his deputy prosecutor wife probably aren’t enjoying their celebrity status.
        By Neal Milner / About 19 hours ago

The Kealohas are a power couple. Awesome!

The more the ex-HPD chief and his wife make news for their felony indictments, the more they get described as a power couple. Civil Beat did it just the other day.

Maybe the Kealohas’ power couple claim is, as Civil Beat politely put it, “self-professed.”

Well, whoever professes it, it’s true. Louis and Katherine are a true power couple. In this age of celebrity, that is the best, bro.

Retired HPD Chief Louis Kealoha and wife Katherline Kealoha exit US District Court.
        Retired HPD Chief Louis Kealoha and his wife, deputy prosecutor Katherine Kealoha, exit U.S. District Court after their arrests in a corruption case. They soon attracted a crowd — one more sign that they’re a power couple.
        Cory Lum/Civil Beat
        No way, you say? How shallow you are.

Like most ordinary people, you think that power couples are hip and cool — owners of start-ups, salons, shoppes or edgy hamster cage-sized restaurants that no one can ever get into. They produce “creative content” and kale sorbet.

Twitter followers the size of Shanghai, and plenty of face time everywhere that shows faces.

Matching skinny jeans for all occasions. And plenty hair gel.

But most of all dead bang beautiful. The web site GrindTV describes one of its “six hottest surfing power couples in Hawaii” as “so photogenic that it makes your eyes bleed.”

Well, you probably didn’t emit much optic blood when you looked at the pictures of the Kealohas post-arrest.

With his dad jeans and man bun and her Mama Cass braid, Louis and Katherine looked less like Kanye and Kim and more like people at a reunion of boomers who had chickened out of going to Woodstock.

But does that show that the Kealohas do not make the power couple list?

Heck no! It shows just how shallow and unfair our culture vultures are.

Keep in mind what your mother told you, often when prom was coming and you had no date: Beauty is only skin deep. You can’t tell a book by its cover.

So we need to go deeper, to, like, the Inner Kealoha.

And that’s exactly what the Urban Dictionary does. And according to that dictionary, the Kealohas don’t just make it to the power couple class. They are in gifted and talented.

The Urban Dictionary describes power coupledom as “sparks (of) light in the world that people recognize that goes beyond a normal relationship.”

A power couple is not merely two supercool individuals. It’s a team, a relationship between two people who are equally cool. They are as individually awesome and fun to be around as they are when they are together. Neither one depends on the other for their feelings of self worth — they know in their heart that they are just as valuable to the world as the other.

And, as the dictionary tells us, power couples are a team, and there is no I in team. “If one person is flawed, the other person makes up for their weaknesses in strength.”

For the Kealohas, so far so good.

Louis and Katherine are equally cool.

They may not be awesome the way a barista means awesome when you order a pumpkin spice latte. Our ex-chief may not inspire the same awe, quaking and saluting that Tom Selleck as NYPD Commissioner Reagan gets when he walks into a precinct house in “Blue Bloods.”

But it’s pretty awesome in both the coffee server and cop sense that Chief Kealoha had his own Super Secret Squad to help with the Kealoha Team’s family problems.

And they certainly worked as a team in power couple ways. Each of them has more than enough of a sense of self-worth to go around. Yet they were there for one another.

When Katherine felt flawed and diminished in her dispute with the relatives, Louis allegedly stepped in to give her law enforcement support.

When Louis felt that his cars and home were not commensurate with his rank and made him feel diminished, Katherine allegedly stepped in to find new sources of revenue that were innovative even for experienced house flippers.

Summing it all up, the Urban Dictionary says this about power couples:

“Together they are the epitome of what anyone would desire in a relationship. They encourage goodness in the world and make it a better place by being together.”

Enough said.

Okay. Maybe not quite enough.

Maybe the Kealohas are just power couple wannabes. The $26K they spent on his police chief inaugural party may not be enough to get them into that club.

And, well, even if they are found innocent, it is sort of bending over backwards to consider them a model duo that encourage goodness and making the world a better place.

Shining that kind of light on the Kealohas is going to be their defense attorneys’ job, and those lawyers are going to earn their money.

So all those things considered, how’s this for a name?

“Louis and Katherine Kealoha — the Power of Attorney Couple.”

“Power couple”… InHawaii LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

• Renee Casillas says:

Who said Hawaii hasn’t made any contributions???!😂

14. john says:

Wishing everyone a safe and happy thanksgiving ….

15. ICU8PUC2 says:

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!
    An Update: Ft Shafter contiues to contact me as they and my old boss would “love” to have me return…
    Consider; Rising Property taxes. Higher Vehicle registration costs, out of control real estate costs to maintain the same life style I had before where I walled myself off from the degenerate locals. The brood of simean faces adorned in sloppy t-shirts and flip flops. An angry hoard of malcontents with no past and no future. Runaway inflation with run-down third world infrastructure and the looming rail system coming to the urban core; where congestion will be beyond tolerable; and the fixed yearly costs will be passed on to the people who actually work on Oahu. Half the state is on welfare, senior citizens, and deranged meth heads everywhere….The ambitious leave and the low property taxes perpetuate the shitty schools and keep the hordes illiterate and down on the plantation with the disreality that life on Oahu is normal. Oahu, no peace, no escape, no variety and a plantation xenophobic mindset designed to never accept you no matter what…This includes the local educated Japanese who have their own form of discrimination based on neighborhoods as well…That Iolani crowd and their nepotistic ways and mindset never go west of downtown……My question is; with about 5-7 years to retire from the federal system; what rate of pay would you consider to endure life back on that welfare island? I await your responses…..

• john says:

once my ass is out of this shite hole there will never be enough love or money to get me to return…. well maybe, if I am allowed to randomly exterminate the parasitic locals and get paid to do it… I’d consider it…. haahhaahahhhahaha

16. ICU8PUC2 says:

Well said John. I need to recollect what life was like there before so the $$$ doesn’t cloud my brain. Will it be deja vu driving down Ala Moana Blvd home saying to myself; ” What the fuck am I doing back here” or I really need to get out of here; again….. The views and imaginary prospects of things will be good as I drive past palm trees and the park need to be viewed with reality…..I was able to wall myself off from the locals for sanity before which wasn’t necessarily healthy

• john says:

The views and imaginary prospects of things will be good as I drive past palm trees and the park need to be viewed with reality” the reality to that is the view will include hordes of homeless… … I was on my way back from the dog park the other night and saw what sums up the mentality locals … it’s dark around 8:00 pm as I am stopped at a light waiting to cross beretania onto a one way street downtown where I currently live. in front of me is a guy on a road(race) bicycle decked out in light coloured biking clothes, he has very bright head and tail lights and reflectors… after the light turns he quickly crosses beretania, about half a block ahead I see him swerve, as I get closer I see a local on a beat up piece of shite bike, wearing all dark clothes, apparently no breaks ’cause he has his foot against the back tire… as he runs into a parked car and then sides half the length of the car pressed against it with the bike… he jumps off, throws the bike down against the car.. pulls off his shirt, and is cursing the white guy for making him crash trying to get him to come back and fight him…. I almost pissed myself laughing as I yell get the fuck out of the road ass wipe… you’re riding a bike that is not road legal, the wrong way down a one way street… needless to say he turned his anger towards me hahhhahhaha like I wouldn’t run over his waste of flesh ass…
      Do you really think any amount of money will insulate from the inbred mentally challenged locals?

17. ICU8PUC2 says:

Updates:
    Ryans Grill at Ward Warehouse closing.
    Rumors closing….
    Hawaii leads nation in per capita homeless

• Renee Casillas says:

And I’m sure the locals are still ignorant and Asian as fuck, but still think they da best and true line Hawaiians…lol

• My Truth says:

Years ago, there was some talk that Rumours was closing…and we all were shaken. I spent 15 good years there with a lot of friends – they used to cal me “the mayor” because I knew everyone and we had such a good time…

I left Hawaii a year ago, and now my watering hole is no more. Rumours was the one bright spot I had when I was in Hawaii, and I’m sad to see it go… but the timing is perfect. I had my share of good times while I was there – and I have a lot to be thankful for.

Farewell Rumours, I’ll miss you.

18. john says:

Honolulu:
    Honolulu Police Officer’s Road Rage Results In Lawsuit Against City
    The complaint states the incident resulted from a pattern of the HPD not addressing excessive use of force by officers.

By Nick Grube / December 6, 2017

A truck driver who was dragged from his vehicle and pummeled by an off-duty Honolulu police officer on the shoulder of Farrington Highway in December 2015 has filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against the city.

Jonard Escalante hired Honolulu attorney Eric Seitz to represent him in the lawsuit, which says that Keoki Duarte, who has since been discharged from the Honolulu Police Department, punched, kicked and choked Escalante on the side of the road after a minor car accident.

The suit states Duarte has a history of violence and suffered from “emotional distress and/or anger management problems related to his employment with the Honolulu Police Department.”

19. My Truth says:

John,

Please contact me at:

hawaiilocalssuck@gmail.com

Thanks; no rush.

MT

PS: Anyone else WHO I’M FRIENDS WITH on this blog may contact me at that email address as well. If the address doesn’t go through, I’ll adjust it so it does. Locals who try to troll me will be unceremoniously rejected and schooled.

20. John Cavaquinho says:

I’m not sure about now, but when I lived in Hawaii during the 1970s it was kind of dangerous to go to school. Most of the troublemakers were from the hodge-podge of degenerate half-breeds consisting of natives, Filipinos, Latins, and low-grade whites who were usually military veterans who settled in the islands after World War II. Sometimes the local boys would throw bags of pee or live cockroaches at you. I was not mistreated that much because being mixed race myself I could pass for a darker-skinned native. This situation was accepted by the Japanese-American school administrators, maybe they were too afraid of Uncle Nappy’s syndicate to do anything about it. Pure blooded Hawaiians were nice people, very noble and generous. The worst delinquents were from a woefully mongrelized underclass that smelled of model airplane glue and Krylon paint.

• Renee Casillas says:

Yea I’m a light skin Mexican/Irish mutt lol. In Hawaii the biggest most insecure assholes by far were tiny Asian or Asian Mixes. I’d say Japs were the worst and especially cliquish. REAL pure Hawaiians from Waianae never seemed to have a racist, asshole or mean bone in their body. It was the insecure Asian or ” local” Asian mixes who’s parents or grandparents or who the fuk cares came over on a boat that were the most insecure. I think its because they know they aren’t Hawaiian and want yo be. At 5`7 I would love to go back wear my high shoes and watch that insecure sneaky shifty eye of insecurity go on…love it👍👍👍👍👍

21. ICU8PUC2 says:

One of the best lines EVER!!!! “The worst delinquents were from a woefully mongrelized underclass that smelled of model airplane glue and Krylon paint.”

Welcome aboard John C

22. john says:

HEY… Happy New Year, hope everyone had a great holiday season, Now time to get ready for valentines day…. hahahhahahah

23. AMAZED! says:

HAWAII is loaded with SNOBS. As if their living here, they are somehow better than you…you know living here! I was in WHOLE FOODS MAUI (a horrid place I might add, used to be good but the mediocrity mindset OF EXCELLENCE in their minds took over!…normal HAWAII). Place is a dump, imo. Anyhow. Waiting for a person behind the meat counter to wait on me and another customer. Their 93 percent fat ground meat has looked recently like 80/20.(how to challenge?) This woman and I got talking and she started talking about how bad the meat has been recently and I agreed with her!!!! Sadly I go there for certain items. While this convo was going on waiting for an employee to notice us. She interjected into the conversation I LIVE HERE…well what the hell does that mean? I am buying meat to bring back to the ship you can see in the Kahului harbor to grill? Or a condo on the Southside. All the while I have kids with me I just picked up from school! What the hell does I LIVE HERE have to do with anything? So do I!!!!!!! SMH……….it was just weird! I could say more..but I won’t. AMAZING BS….

• Renee Casillas says:

They get away with that crap because most tourists have never worked. With them to know what ignorant fucktards they are so their guard isn’t up. Locals take advantage that most people buy they are on Aloha territory and aren’t ready for shit from them. As a 5’8 Latina I’d have said and your point is???? Your still short and ugly AF. You can thank me for that EBT card your using.

BTW where did everybody go???????

• John says:

Hey Renee, still around dealing with the day to day local heinousness, getting a close ip & personal view of the racial profiling, and obscene waste of taxpayers hard earned cash, here in uptown homolulu….

• AMAZED! says:

Hi Renee this was a SNOBBY WHITE LADY, locals stay away from Whole Foods like the plague. Her look to me was one of smelling broccoli! It was amazing. They all live in Wailea or the north shore and certain pockets upcountry. I know many of them, and laugh. But this obvious snobbery was over the top. Guess my outfit yesterday was not up to par! The nerve! LOL

• Renee Casillas says:

As i teach my kindergartner people and children can be bullies and assfuks. No matter their color, always be ready with a comeback comment. People in Hawaii are a special kind of assfuck.

• John says:

Hahahaha hey Renee you nailed that … and to the snoby white “lady” (a term we have to offer GREAT flexability with ih hawaii), you either have no concept of what is considered “locals” or perhaps you are blind? Having shopped at whole foods myself on many occasions, I still have had to deal with stupid locals, and their entitled self important, ill behaved brats, EVERYTIME I’ve been to Whole paycheck….funny how “locals” hate whitie, but covet whities status symbols… I’m in process of having t-shirts screened that say “If your children aren’t as well behaved as my dog in public, you’re a shitty parent”

Amazed,

Hi and welcome. That snobby white lady could have been local. Just sayin’. FYI, most posts on this board are a reflection of what goes on between locals and non-locals.

Again, welcome,

My Truth

John

HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA

• Tina says:

The SNOBS are relocated mainlanders who think they are now “locals”.

24. Renee Casillas says:

*** meant to say never worked WITH them*****

Hi Renee,

We’re here, wasting for the next fucktard 🙂

MT

• Renee says:

MT! Isn’t there a trip you went on ? I’ve been wondering how that went for you👍

Renee,

It was a great trip! Met with John for coffee and shared stories about our respective pets 🙂 I had a great time reconnecting with wonderful locales – such as the Arizona Memorial, Punchbowl, and some of my favorite eateries. On the whole, it was fantastic. But I did buy an L&L mini plate – the only plate lunch I had, except for one other one at Zippy’s – and I could only eat about 1/4 of what they gave me. And they wonder why there’s so much obesity!

I’m glad I went; it was a triumphant return where I got to silently affirm my relocation, and to basically treat locals with contempt.

Happy to hear from you!

My Truth

*waiting

25. Sgt Hulka says:

BWAHAHAHAHA, you donkeys still here!? Homeless John and My Douche meeting for coffee. I’m sure it was to give each other a handy. Your “meeting” was actually a “MEATING,” you two swashbuckling lovebirds!
    I like checking in here every now and again to see retardation on full display. It’s like going to the zoo to watch the monkeys eat their own excrement. Hey Johnny boy, I’ll be sure to flip you a nickel the next time I see you sleeping on the street corner. Check you dumbasses later!!!

26. jeff says:

My family has lived on the big island since the 70’s and I have lived there many times. I was a cook at the Sheraton Royal Waikolian Hotel after the Chef asked me to apply after meeting me at the Hapuna Beach. I told him I already put in an application and he said tell them I sent you and to tell them to deliver me to him. I went to human resources and they said I would have to fill out an application. I asked what is wrong with the da kine from last month and she just looked at me and handed me another application. I filled it out and gave it to her and she said we will call you, so I left to just outside the hall and spied through the window only to see the local chic throw my app in the the circular file. I stormed back and blasted her for what she had done and asked her why she did that? because I am white and fear and embarrassment flushed across her face. I asked where the Chef was and she asked why; because you gonna take me to him now! She laughed and told me to get out before she calls security. Then I told her what the Chef said and she said why did you not say that to begin with? Besides the Chef, I was the only white guy on first shift. Got treated like crap for weeks by the locals until they saw I could cook and they needed me.

I worked as fumigator with Master-guard pest control too. Fun tenting everything from Buddhist temples to hundred year old stores in Hilo. We had a Buddhist temple and two house tented in South Point when the big one shook the island. It took five hours to get there from Kona. It was like unwrapping Christmas presents someone had dropped off a mountain. Some time later, I watched the whole mountain top of Mauna Loa split open from our house in Waimea/Kamuela. And the volcano has never stopped. The last time I lived there was in 2010 to take care of my elderly mother I could hardly breath for the vog on some days. Some thing they will not tell you when you book your tickets.

Weed and crime was bad in the 80’s but now its the pits with tweakers and crack-heads everywhere and pot is everywhere because it is legal if you have a corrupt doctor to give you and your kids a script. A surfer named Sharpstein on Oahu; got his kid pot prescriptions as soon as they were able so they can grow three times the dope on the northshore. What kind of medical problem does a teenager have unless they are addicts because they had it gave to them all their lives. My brother told me, they said their real money is made when they sell to tourists. Folks with permits can grow plants for themselves and others if they have a script. Hawaiian pakalola is nothing compared to endo and cost way too much. You have to have two jobs just to smoke except if your a local with blood or a Micronesian, then you cheap rent, free cash , food stamps ect. But hey….after what white man did to them, they deserve it but many waste it on drugs.

The Micronesian, well bravo! We dropped an H-bomb on them so they get to live there too. The locals hate them even though that is where they all probably came from back it the day with their stick charts. They will pee in public just like the did on Ebeye the slum of the pacific. You wanna see what white man culture does to island people, go there. Once pristine waters are now full of Pamper fish. Pamper fish? Yes, we gave them disposable diapers! They breed like rabbits and with over 15000 on 80 acers, you do the math. So before all you white dudes start bad mouthing the islands; get some history and humble yourselves.

The big island used to be laid back and now as they sell off all the land to rich folks; it sucks more and more each day. Yeah there is corruption. Do not act like it is not in every town back on the mainland. Remember, white folks have no soul or respect for natives and their customs. It took me two years before I was invited into my coworkers home because they do not trust us. Now they call me uncle for some reason. A term I endear when I hear them say it to their children and friends. When I managed my brother’s properties, he gave me instructions no to rent to locals because they are nasty and do not pay. It is a generalization that is wrong as the title of this blog. Needless to say I did not return messages by folks with a pidgin accent and guess what the properties did not get rented!

As far as they are not worthy to belong to the united states; who is Cali? They have tried to get their land back since it was stolen from them at US Marine Corps gunpoint! And we will not let them. Do you freaking history before you speak. We trashed that place, good ole Americans just like we did the Philippines and Micronesia. Many Hawaiians served in combat and died fighting for this Corrupt Evil Country called the USA. Run by big pharma, big oil and the defense industrial complex. You hate Hawaii, I hate you and everyone like you who have been brainwashed by a selfish military because you could not hack it getting a real job. I bet you drink like a fish because you know you cannot get folks to kill folks without letting them drink. Getting to understand why they hate you! Yeah it is not Paradise anymore, we fukked it up and I am not proud to be an American. And the day the government turns you guys against its own people is the day I am gonna shoot you up first. Get out of the military; you cannot even hack life.

• john says:

Jeff, while complaining about hawaii standards, about the uneducated, unqualified, incompetent, corrupt, self important, “locals” & their shitty, adolescent, unprofessional, unethical, mean girl act they give to whites who get a job here (who actually know how to, and do the job, it usually takes four “locals” to do), while smiling, pretending to be their friend, being “helpful” til the whites quit or are fired from doing as the “locals” have told them, only to deny it, and act as though they know nothing about it when management ask… they all seem to have the two faced lying backstabbing thing down… you don’t understand until you live here a while and see it over and over and over and over … You also mention how the tourist propaganda neglects to honestly inform visitors of the toxic VOG? Oddly then on the other hand you blame the whites / military for the way people here behave? You understand it is the year 2018? Sounds to me like you have gone off your meds and could use some professional help bud… Oh as far as knowing our history? hawaii’s monarchy was overthrown by less than two dozen plantation owners… here’s a little history lesson for you, the royal family sold out their people long before the take over… don’t believe it? look at all the “royal” palaces, all that hawaii is so proud of… why exactly do none of these places represent the “native” hawaiian standards of “royalty” before the white man showed up?, umm because they were all designed and constructed by whites?
      Also, Oahu has been stolen 3 times:
      – The Tahitian conquest ~ 1200AD
      – The conquest of Oahu by Kamehameha – 1795
      – Annexation – 1893…..as posted previously by Rick Schaaf, “I hear native Hawaiians waxing poetic about the former Kingdom of Hawaii. The fact is the Kingdom was a brutal regime. There were no prisons. Even the smallest crime committed carried the death penalty. If royalty cast their shadow on someone, instant death. The missionaries provided a means of escape. If you managed to avoid being killed, they would kill your family. You could flee to sanctuary cities, but when the Chieftain died so did all of those that sought sanctuary. Hawaii was not stolen, it was given away. No standing Army or Navy, to defend it. Hawaii was ripe for the picking. No one even tried to rescue the Queen. These are the facts that no one acknowledges”. You might also want to check the recent census, according to them “Native” hawaiians population is approximately 6-9% of the total population…. If you read the news, you’ll find the office of hawaiian affairs have been found to be ripping off their own people for many years.

• Tina says:

King Kamehameha sold all the old growth huge trees on Mauna Kea. Destroyed it all. The Big Island climate has changed forever. Sold it all. Cattle came in, grubbed out all else so that nothing grows. Forests used to catch the rain. No more rain– with no forests.

27. ev1lchris says:

I’m currently living on the Big Island.

This place is a shithole. It’s not like Moana or Hawaii Five O. It’s more like a place with piece of shit meth heads that will stab you in the back or take advantage of you.

People here are kind of snobby. It sucks about go! airlines because if I want to go to Oahu which is less of a shithole I have to fly Hawaiian for like $350 or something. I would rather save that and leave the state / country.

28. Tina says:

Rat Lungworm Disease! The disease you can get in Hawaii that the Hawaii government covers up to keep tourism. Many tourists have gotten it. Do not eat raw produce, bought at Farmers Markets, or in restaurants. Rat Lungworm Disease is a parasite that eats your brain and destroys your nervous system. It comes from a parasite rats carry then poop out and slugs, snails and flatworms crawl across the poop and their slim distributes the parasite. Hawaii Gov, and the DOH don’t tell all. Doctors don’t diagnose it fast enough. They send you home 3 x saying it’s the flue. only to find out 1 month later, after the parasite has ate 1/2 your brain that it’s rat lungworm disease. BEWARE!!!

29. Tina says:

Rat Lungworm Disease: phase II The DOH recently got $1,000,000 to “educate” the public recently, but do you think they give any money to research or figuring out how to eradicate the disease? NO. There was a UH researcher who figured out how to diagnose RLD with a blood test-but needed more $$ for her research. She got shut down. DOH (who does NOTHING or conveniently looks the other way in order to keep getting their EPA funding) got $1,000,000. Don’t believe anything that comes out of that agency. Another corrupt good ole boys system.

30. Kay Mort says:

Finally someone wrote about it! I just moved back from the big island to the mainland and I couldn’t be happier! I was going to have my baby there, found out I was pregnant a month after we got there, and couldn’t wait to get back to the mainland for real healthcare. I hated it in the island! It’s all corrupt; doctors, cops, locals, businesses, all of it. And the drug problem is horrible in Hawai‘i. Meth heads everywhere. Along with all the homeless, who are tweaking 90% of the time. I’m sure it’s lovely to visit for maybe a week but it really just isn’t worth the money. You can find prettier beaches and better quality of life (and air!! The vog is horrible, started coughing up black gunk a month into being there and didn’t stop till I got back to florida!!) and get more bang for your buck on the mainland for a beach vacation!

• betty says:

And….the illiteracy drove me crazy. What kind of people could stand to eat plain, white rice. Every. Single. Day.

• john says:

The same people who eat top ramen every day, who live their lives with tunnel vision with absolutely no respect or consideration for anyone else?… I don’t know how many times I’d get behind some local on the road driving 20 miles an hour with cars backed up for miles behind them…

Kay,

You’re not alone…Betty here said it in a word. I was there 30 years for my career; now I’m on the mainland – and have been happier than ever. I completed a master’s degree and 10 certifications in less than 18 months. You’re lucky; you got out early. Hawaii ground me down into powder…while I was there. Not two years after leaving, and I’m thriving better than ever!

My Truth

31. Halohalo says:

Hawaii the dumbest island in the world. 100 percent commercialized with rude “natives to the 100th degree” attacking the wrong type of white people “Irish Italians Scandinavian” decedents when visiting have to be the lowest of the low. Amongst the high price and the disgust for ALL white people even Irish who were conquered by Britain-for 300 years and still somewhat today is asinine. The fake aloha wears off after the first month. They are then the most racist bias uneducated scum in Americas isolated societies with a pretty beach.

32. Halohalo says:

The people jolly about the pooor over priced standards cannot be educated it comes from “consent” and “coercion.” You white fools who stayed happily chose one. Either you were afraid or accepted you are a “bad person” for what “your” ancestors did. Which they did not. It was one guy who took their nation. So wake up.

33. Kenji Bezenji says:

If you don’t like Hawaii, just leave and don’t talk bad about the people who live aloha and love the islands. There are bad folks everywhere and I do not know where the author of this article lived, but I am sure he didn’t know his right foot from his left. With the prices of homes at an all time high, there isn’t much one can afford that would be considered upscale according to mainland standards so maybe he thought that everywhere it looked like a slum? I can say if all the visitors to Hawaii had not bought up everything in the islands thus driving the cost of living through the roof then maybe the homeless wouldn’t be homeless and providing for their families as I am sure they wanted to. Of the chronics and drunkards, well, they are everywhere and you can’t escape the people who do not care about others or themselves most of all. If they loved themselves, then they would have done something about it before they ended up on the street. That or gotten the help they needed to get something started. This is an old article, but when I read the author depiction of his thoughts of Hawaii, I got a bit ticked off and wanted to say something. So I have. Aloha all and may God Bless all of you. Yes, even the ones who hate Hawaii and the people here.

• My Truth says:

Ahhhh…Kenji, if you haven’t read a few pages back, don’t bother commenting. You sound really lame and uninformed. Thanks, on behalf of all the people with common sense, but you can also keep the aloha… it’s not something I (and I’m gong to bet, most others here) don’t need or want. If you love Hawaii so much, I think it might be good for you to post in the “I love Hawaii” blog instead of here.

• Renee says:

Hey Kenji, if this is how you truly feel, deep deep in your heart of heart s, what caused you to Google ” Hawaii sucks” and find out page????😂😂😂

• Over It says:

What an ignorant response. You blame ‘visitors’ for Hawaii’s problems when it is the locals themselves. Whenever there is progress coming to the islands, locals shut them down through bullying tactics because they want the islands to become uninhabitable, after all have you met the Hawaiian kingdom crocks? Convinced they all have pure mana running through their veins when they’re nothing more than commoners who wouldn’t be allowed to even own land during the queen’s reign. And just when exactly do you become a local? After 12 years of being called a haole?

I cannot believe you do not realize that the homeless are there because there are no resources for them. Waitlist for public housing and assurance are 3 or more years long. And most of those people are mentally ill and yet again there aren’t enough resources to help them. Substance abuse problems go hand in hand with this. Some aloha you’re showing. Or do you only show aloha to certain people and discriminate against those you feel are lower than you? Must be nice to never have been poor enough in the islands to resort to homelessness and welfare. I find the author tame compared to what I have to say, and I grew up here attending the sorry excuse for public education the islands have to offer.

34. Angel says:

I have been living and working in Honolulu for over two years now and I cannot wait to get out of here. I am Asian in heritage so I haven’t experienced the worst of what can happen to a Haole, but my husband is White European and he has not had an easy day since we got here. It was hard enough for him to get a job that matched his high qualifications, because jobs were always given to internal candidates who are the uncle and aunty of someone. When he finally did find a good job at Bank of Hawaii after a years diligent – on his first and second day at work he was reported to his boss by colleagues who he wasn’t even introduced yet for false accusations. The “locals” in Hawaii are definitely not keen on sharing their space out outsiders (though fellow Americans).

I have been asked “where are you from?” And told to “get off my ‘aina” when I got into minor traffic altercation with the locals.

Discrimination is rampant and institutionalized and accepted here. There is no aloha here, there isn’t even common sense or basic human decency here.

I hate it here and can not wait for my flight out in a month.

• Renee Casillas says:

I have a 4 year degree and an excellent work ethic and history ( if I do say so myself lol)…until Hawaii. I was lied about, bullied, evil evil evil stuff. I’m lucky I had a area Mex for a boss who understood what was going on. As soon as she quit, I was out of there!

• John says:

Hawaii’s local mind “ aloha” not sure where the adolescent mean girl bull shite the all pull comes from…. must be from tv, like most of tbeir education seems to come from, right up there with the idiots blaring gang banger rap with so much bass their cheap assed cars rattle from it… guess those trips to los Vegas buffets makes them all bad ass

• John says:

**** local kind…. stupid autocorrect

• Renee says:

Lol

*Loko-kine 😉

35. Dan says:

Ok, there seems to be nothing online about the silly naming customs one finds in Hawaii. I don’t mean actual Hawaiian names like Pua, Kaleo, etc., but names like Rhytix, Xjhaysha, Chancetyn, Rizen, etc. And what’s up with naming all of your kids names that rhyme? Layne, Zayne, Shayne, Blayne; Jayden, Shayden, Raiden, Kayden; Chasyn, Mason, Jason, Brason; Lanson, Anson, Branson, Chancen, etc. – Ton, -sen, -den, and so on seem to be very popular endings. I’ve also seen really ridiculous names like Braddah and Boy. As legal government names, mind you. I don’t know, it really annoys me.

Welcome Dan,

Here’s your answer: they’re idiots. I left 18 months ago and I can’t tell you how happy I am to be gone from that shithole.

My Truth 😉

36. Joe T says:

Hawaii sucks and locals smell like donkey crap

37. Sunbun says:

My spouse and I stumbled over here different page and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking over your web page yet again.

38. Betty says:

Read an article yesterday about the Kilauea volcano and a local told the journalist that Pele is causing this because of overcrowding brought on by mainlanders moving to Hawaii. Well….1. No not Pele, but a scientifically proven cause and act of nature 2. Lava and gases are affecting locals as well as haoles 3. Your state is losing much needed tourist money that lots of haoles bring 4. Your Governor asked for federal money for needed repairs to infrastructure a.k.a. tax money that “da mainlanders” supplied 5. Not too wise to build a geothermal plant in the top lava zone…LOL 6. You prove the point that “aloha” and “paradise” are nothing but B.S. public relation catch-phrases

• Betty says:

Just to clarify my previous comment; I feel for those who had to evacuate and those who lost their homes from this tragedy. I have relatives on Big Island. I merely wanted to point out how so many locals blame haoles for these volcanic explosions and lava flows. Hope the people on Big I are safe and no more homes are lost.

Hi Betty!

Nah, I got it the first time you posted 😉 We all get busy sometimes and can’t post, but you’re spot-on and I agree with everything you said. Good job!

MT 😉

39. Renee Casillas says:

They hate the mainland yet they LOVE our EBT cards and emergency aid

• My Truth says:

If it were up to me, Renee, I’d be ripping that snazzy EBT out of their hands and shoving some old-school paper food stamps at their sorry asses. If they want to be on the take, they should suffer the embarrassment of n being on welfare. Good point! 😉

• Renee Casillas says:

Lazy lazy lazy lazy pigs who smell and look like donkey ass👍

Hahaha 🙂

• John says:

Was at costco few days ago, three girls in line in front of me, each had a cart worth about 300.00$, from head to toes done to the 9’s… gym bodies, highlights, nails, high end cloths & shoes, newest iphones in hand, all three talking / laughing a little too loud, to draw attention to themselves…. then each paid with ebt…. I was dumbfounded.

40. John says: