Hawaii sucks

I’ve been avoiding this topic since I started this blog but I’m finally breaking down to gripe. And I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flames in the comments about this or any future posts I may have on the subject.

I hate Hawaii. I’ve lived here for over 2 1/2 years and I can’t wait to leave. Sure, the weather is nice but it really does get old after a while; I really miss having all four seasons. But apart from that, I can’t really find a lot of redeeming qualities about Hawaii.

Most of the people I’ve met in the past who enjoy Hawaii only came for a week or two to visit. If you never get out of the tourist areas, I’m sure it’s quite nice. Waikiki is clean (at least where the tourists go) and the beaches are nice over there. But once you leave the tourist areas, Honolulu is more like a ghetto. Many of the buildings are decrepit, there’s trash and graffiti all over, there’s a lot of homeless people, etc. Behind the facade of paradise is the gutter of real Hawaii.

The local government could care less about doing its job and corruption is rampant across the islands. Last year, 48 million gallons of raw sewage were dumped into the Ala Wai Canal (the demarcation between Waikiki and Honolulu proper). This canal goes straight into the beach area of Waikiki. In the 2+ years I’ve been here, there’s probably been more than eight sewage spills around Oahu, most of them into the canal.

The city waited three days or so before they posted signs after one of the spills and only did it after public outcry. The reason is because they didn’t want to scare the tourists. However, after the big Ala Wai spill, one man died from acquiring a flesh-eating bacteria infection after falling into the contaminated water. The city claims there was no connection between the infection and the release of sewage.

The latest problem is between go! airlines and Hawaiian. Hawaiian is trying to sue to have go! shutdown due to predatory pricing. go! currently charges ~$20 for a one-way trip to a neighbor island. Hawaiian feels it has to charge the same but, since Hawaiian has a larger infrastructure due to also supplying intercontinental flights, they simply can’t afford to compete locally. They also claim that go! used Hawaiian’s financial information illegally after gaining access to it during Hawaiian’s bankruptcy filings. So rather than competing on service or other things that may justify a higher price, Hawaiian is following the route of the music companies and trying to use the courts to prop up an outdated business model, or so it appears. Hawaiian has admitted that they will raise prices immediately to “market level” if go! is shut down.

There is a distinct racial bias against white people and, to an similar extent, black people too. But if you look “local”, you’re okay. I have friend who is Hispanic and was treated like a local when he went to a bar, even having people buy him drinks. But his white friends were given the cold shoulder, or at least not treated nearly as well. And Zeus forbid if you’re military.

The term “haolie” is used to distinguish white people from all others here. According to a dictionary I looked at, haolie means “foreigner”. But it’s definitely not used for all non-locals, only the white ones. And I’ve talked to several native Hawaiians who have stated that it actually means “soulless one”, implying that white people have no soul.

Speaking of language, since when is pidgin English considered a bona-fide language? It’s considered an unofficial language of Hawaii; they have dictionaries, books, and even classes on how to speak it. To me, I just think the speaker is a completely illiterate imbecile when I hear it. Seriously, it makes a person sound like a complete moron when he can’t speak in complete sentences. It’s worse than hearing people who have English as a second language; at least you know they’re trying to learn English.

I have a lot more to complain about but I’ll save it for later. But I know that I’m not alone in my distaste for Hawaii. Nearly every single military person I’ve met hates it here and can’t wait for orders out of here. As a matter of fact, there was one guy who cut his shore duty short and went back to sea because he couldn’t stand it.

Update: Since everyone seems to love commenting about this article (probably because of the title), I thought I’d make sure readers realize that there are other, related articles to this. Apparently relying on people to look at the sidebar for similar stories isn’t enough.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3,591 Responses to Hawaii sucks

1. Locals are fuctards says:

How many of you idiots that voted in the majority for a criminal even though you have no idea how or why she broke the law are crying right now? Safe spaces, comfort animals, and denial plague you. When the final chapter is written you had no clue why you voted for Obama and you dually do not understand classification or corruption because that is what you retards choose to live within every day. Trump is your new boss now and you bitches better get over it soon!

• John says:

Amen but did you see on the local news …. Trump said something about making funding available improving roads & infrastructure, so the state was already looking at getting some of that … Funny how they hate whitey from the mainland but always have their nasty greedy hands out to take hard earned white tax monies provided from mainland states?

2. Donald says:

Hahahahahahahaha! Donald Trump won bitches! Hahahahaha! Protest all you want but the people working on his property over there are enjoying better pay and benefits than most of you dipshits over there! Enjoy plywood shack life!

3. ICU8PUC2 says:

Firm offer imminent. After over a decade here; I’m almost done and will never look back. FREEDOM from MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• John says:

You now smart like chinese, now you say I stay mainland. Why you leave glorious asian paradise of fake hawaiian culture? You no grateful for incredible opportunity to be second class citizen.

• My Truth says:

Hi ICU,

I know what it’s like to live in that one-horse shithole and have an imminent job offer coming my way – congratulations, you deserve it! Just wait, there, ICU, you will not believe how fucked up Hawaii is compared to civilization. I continually see more and more just how fucked up it is – and I also learned that for a time (because I was manager and could shove it back into their fat fucking faces,) I settled for less than the best for myself and my life. Once again, congratulations!

Johnnnnaaaayyyy!!! Well, it’s been awhile buddy, but I haven’t forgotten about you. I see you’ve taken the lead on these last few responses, after I handed Kaika his fucking hat. I hope you’re doing well. I am doing superbly well :):):)

I also wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone from the old crew a VERY Happy Thanksgiving. This one is particularly meaningful in that, it actually feels like Thanksgiving because of the weather! It actually feels real. The city I live in has decorated the streets with lights and “Merry Christmas” strung across the main artery. I am beyond exuberant, and I just keep getting happier and happier. No stupid fucking Santa Claus with dressed in an aloha shirt with his toes dipped in water. Now that I have been away for three months 8), I have even seen that being in Hawaii probably cost me more precious things, like my health. Oh, I’m seeking new doctors and such, but I was going to multiple doctors multiple times per week while stuck in Hawaii. Here, I’ve been to one doctor one time for a routine refill.

You guys are special to me. When a group of people has been shit on like we have, you tend to grow a bond stronger than other forum boards. You’re all just a bunch of good shits🙂 Also, I’ve only heard from the owner of the blog once when I announced that his blog had been abandoned ***sorry :(***, but I would also like to wish the owner a Happy Thanksgiving, too.

One thing I want to get straight about Hawaii is this “Slow Down, this ain’t the Mainland” shit we’ve all seen on idiot locals’ bumper stickers. Let’s just put it this way – it’s the other way around, assholes! When I first came to this new city with a small-town feel, a friend of mine immediately announced, “Oh, you’re going to get a lot of tickets here” because I was going 10 miles per hour over the 25 and 35 mph posted speed limits. It’s the other way around. Hawaii is the fucking rat race, OK you nitless wits? It’s a fucking rat race where cars scurry around like cockroaches looking for that coveted parking spot; trying to beat traffic; or squeezing a few minutes out of some faster moving traffic so you can make it home in time for dinner. So, there dispels that myth. Locals never did know how to drive on the highway anyway, braking at merge points almost to the point of stopping, and actually stopping while trying to get their lame-asses into the flow of traffic. No, if you do that, you’ll get rear-ended by a triple trailer 18-wheeler. You wouldn’t know what the fuck to do with yourself, you pathetic one-dimensional boobs.

Just remember this, everybody: Locals don’t find their way to this blog because they search for the “I love Hawaii” blog. They come here because they search for “Hawaii Sucks,” and this is the first place that pops up – so, there you have it. The next time some loudmouth comes here spouting off, that’ll be one of first my responses, for sure. I know I’ve said it, but it occurred to me it might be an even better opener for these fucking piece of shit losers who come in here to get their ass handed to them. All those people who said they’d outlast us – are they here? Nope. We are. Fuck them. And fuck their precious Hawaii.

Once again, have a very, very Happy Thanksgiving!

Warm regards,

My Truth

P.S. I’m armed and carry a gun everywhere I go now. It isn’t likely I’d ever need it where I am, but let’s just say that, in addition to all the other stupid things locals do, disarming the public was one of them. No, I’m able to protect myself with 18 rounds for the first go-round, and another 34 in two additional clips I carry with me. Recently, a police officer had to shoot a man 21 times because he just wouldn’t stop coming. The last two were head shots. So, what was in his system? PCP? Spice? Alcohol or Marijuana? Ecstacy?

Nope. Not a single illicit or legal drug was found in this man’s system, not even a drop of caffeine. He just snapped. I had always given up my right to carry a weapon while living in Hawaii, but not anymore. I can protect myself, family, and friends if need-be. Something to think about…21 bullets…That’s 40% of what I carry on a daily basis. And what if there are TWO attackers, and they’re both hopped up on PCP??? Stay safe everyone, the last story I read about a guy pulling his gun was when he was with his 9 year old daughter and two thugs had split up and encircled him – over a fucking PlayStation III. These stories are fucking unreal. By the way, all he had to do was show that he had the gun in his hand and they split. Be safe.

• John says:

Hey good to hear from ya Truth! Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours as well…. Hope it’s a safe, wonderful, 1st family holiday back in reality.
        So nice to hear you’re feeling better & your health is improved. Being away, you lose touch with what actual competent qualified health care providers are like….
        We know the reason hawaii is so heinous about guns… People who are tired of the lame fake cops not doing anything would quicky put a stop to a whole lotta the petty arsed crimes here, costing the cops their kick backs. (Can’t have whitey taking out hawaii’s corrupt law enforcement & judicial system….) not to mention how many big mouth low life locals would have to learn to keep their pussy mouths shut. Sorry gotta cut it short & get the pup out…. All the very best in life to you!

4. ICU8PUC2 says:

Thank you for your send off.
    As this place spirals out of control, I will be grateful to depart. The congestion, traffic, high prices, low quality of everyday living, runaway inflation, continuous development of luxury condos, high taxes, dilapidated infrastructure, and congenitally compromised low educated locals is far to much to bear. A convoluted mess of inertia and Polynesian paralysis which has reached the boiling point under the pretense of paradise. The locals are being priced out and outsiders are beginning to dominate. An urban plantation of despair and hordes of low wage locals all mooching off each other. A parasitic society of underachievers and lost souls who wallow on the brink of survival and reality. My time here is now measured in weeks and this secular cesspool will be in the rear view mirror. The great welfare society will now be a memory and it’s survival depends on mainland freebies and it’s money. Like crabs in a bucket; they will continue to drag each other down and scorn those who have achieved; worked hard and made their way in a competitive world. They in turn do not have the functional capacity to make it in a modern society and they remain anchored to this bastion of mediocrity under the premise of Ohana; which is nothing more than generational, malignant co-dependency. Their infantile jealousies are their calling card and in turn is their continual demise towards to dustbin of history as a mediocre society of misfits and marginal humans……..

• My Truth says:

Did you do PSI?

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Not sure what that is?

• My Truth says:

Ok, I was just wondering because it utilized the same crabs in a bucket concept. Look up PSI Seminars. Good shit for smart people who look below the superficial surface. Like anything else, it has its detractors, but I would do it all over again.

• John says:

ICU,
      You have stated & summed up the entire situations here so well I don’t even have two cents to add. Much success & happiness to you in your new journey. Once back in reality, you will be able to live “the sky’s the limit” sanity, happiness, & prosperity is on the horizon… Lets hope I’m fortunate enough to be the next one out.
      All the very best to you & yours.
      J.

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Thanks John. Hopefully soon you as well can make it back to freedom from the oppression which is Oahu. The drivers, the retards, waiting months for curtains, and the list could go on to infinity. I am done with Equatorial Economics…..( just draw a ring around the globe; the closer you get to the equator; the dumber and poorer people become).. I will not miss the Costco or Walmart where it looks like a giant refugee camp or boat lift……..