Hawaii sucks

I’ve been avoiding this topic since I started this blog but I’m finally breaking down to gripe. And I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flames in the comments about this or any future posts I may have on the subject.

I hate Hawaii. I’ve lived here for over 2 1/2 years and I can’t wait to leave. Sure, the weather is nice but it really does get old after a while; I really miss having all four seasons. But apart from that, I can’t really find a lot of redeeming qualities about Hawaii.

Most of the people I’ve met in the past who enjoy Hawaii only came for a week or two to visit. If you never get out of the tourist areas, I’m sure it’s quite nice. Waikiki is clean (at least where the tourists go) and the beaches are nice over there. But once you leave the tourist areas, Honolulu is more like a ghetto. Many of the buildings are decrepit, there’s trash and graffiti all over, there’s a lot of homeless people, etc. Behind the facade of paradise is the gutter of real Hawaii.

The local government could care less about doing its job and corruption is rampant across the islands. Last year, 48 million gallons of raw sewage were dumped into the Ala Wai Canal (the demarcation between Waikiki and Honolulu proper). This canal goes straight into the beach area of Waikiki. In the 2+ years I’ve been here, there’s probably been more than eight sewage spills around Oahu, most of them into the canal.

The city waited three days or so before they posted signs after one of the spills and only did it after public outcry. The reason is because they didn’t want to scare the tourists. However, after the big Ala Wai spill, one man died from acquiring a flesh-eating bacteria infection after falling into the contaminated water. The city claims there was no connection between the infection and the release of sewage.

The latest problem is between go! airlines and Hawaiian. Hawaiian is trying to sue to have go! shutdown due to predatory pricing. go! currently charges ~$20 for a one-way trip to a neighbor island. Hawaiian feels it has to charge the same but, since Hawaiian has a larger infrastructure due to also supplying intercontinental flights, they simply can’t afford to compete locally. They also claim that go! used Hawaiian’s financial information illegally after gaining access to it during Hawaiian’s bankruptcy filings. So rather than competing on service or other things that may justify a higher price, Hawaiian is following the route of the music companies and trying to use the courts to prop up an outdated business model, or so it appears. Hawaiian has admitted that they will raise prices immediately to “market level” if go! is shut down.

There is a distinct racial bias against white people and, to an similar extent, black people too. But if you look “local”, you’re okay. I have friend who is Hispanic and was treated like a local when he went to a bar, even having people buy him drinks. But his white friends were given the cold shoulder, or at least not treated nearly as well. And Zeus forbid if you’re military.

The term “haolie” is used to distinguish white people from all others here. According to a dictionary I looked at, haolie means “foreigner”. But it’s definitely not used for all non-locals, only the white ones. And I’ve talked to several native Hawaiians who have stated that it actually means “soulless one”, implying that white people have no soul.

Speaking of language, since when is pidgin English considered a bona-fide language? It’s considered an unofficial language of Hawaii; they have dictionaries, books, and even classes on how to speak it. To me, I just think the speaker is a completely illiterate imbecile when I hear it. Seriously, it makes a person sound like a complete moron when he can’t speak in complete sentences. It’s worse than hearing people who have English as a second language; at least you know they’re trying to learn English.

I have a lot more to complain about but I’ll save it for later. But I know that I’m not alone in my distaste for Hawaii. Nearly every single military person I’ve met hates it here and can’t wait for orders out of here. As a matter of fact, there was one guy who cut his shore duty short and went back to sea because he couldn’t stand it.

Update: Since everyone seems to love commenting about this article (probably because of the title), I thought I’d make sure readers realize that there are other, related articles to this. Apparently relying on people to look at the sidebar for similar stories isn’t enough.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3,445 Responses to Hawaii sucks

1. betty says:

I come back after a few days and cannot believe what happened. Did the race card and the white privilege comment really rear its head here? Amazing, funny and sad all at the same time. Oh well, it did make for some entertaining reading. Unbelievable.

2. Kapu says:

This is my last ECY quote from her spree. “Why complain if you can’t change the system.”~ ECY
    Because you can CHANGE the system–it takes voices, people, votes, participants, activity (on all levels) to change a system, it takes out cry–it takes grass roots it takes momentum…it takes above all rationale and common sense!! IT TAKES TRUE EDUCATION!! Equal means equal. Equal doesn’t mean a pay back of for-gone sins, equal is now–present and protected, equal is MLK’s dream–just your character not your skin. How cool would that be? all be cool–or shamed who cares if you are green, blue, white, pink, brown, beige, black, purple…its how you behave, its how you act, its what YOU DO! You don’t acquiesce! & then play along! There was a dream…
    Otherwise how far back to we play this card–of lands that were once someones—??? How far as history shows many a shift and can create many victims–it doesn’t create the desired tone of skin, but history, conquer, etc—has had its victims. I thought you were all smart en-stuff?

• Eastcoastyankee says:

Yup, the Race card was played it was delt and played by the Hoales on this blog.

I actually like that word, it perfectly describes ignorant “white people” ( like most on this blog), Souless, cultureless, egotistical, bigoted people like yourself.

You are not human, just a robotic humanoids without Empathy or compassion.

Humans realize they are the only race on the planet. You my fickle friends are people and people classify themselves and are polarized, causing divisions and inharmony. People like you don’t deeply analyze themselves…you blame others for your misgivings and twist their words for your narcissistic needs. People like you are the most pathetic beings on the planet, hence why you are able to integrate only with others who think like you.
      Oh and by the way I am ENFP Personality type, I can get along with anyone, even people like you but, I prefer to surround my self with other Humans.

But, but, but…

You’re an attractive black female utilizing your womanly charms…

Sounds more like you’re upset because you’ve been pegged. You can stop now, you’re looking just a little desperate here…

• My Truth says:

You do realize you’re being played like a fiddle, right?

• Eastcoastyankee says:

Lol! kapu you are too funny….over the course of 6000 years of failed governments has proven that system does not change because of ignorant people who control the echelon of our society.
        Draconian laws have been in practice for centuries centuries. So why complain? Instead I pick my battles and control my personal space. Gee! I thought you were all smart en-stuff!?

• My Truth says:

Can you go away now? Because you’re starting to suck.

• Eastcoastyankee says:

Lol and I do! “My fictitious truth” But I find your unreasonableness and ignorance to be hilarious. Besides I don’t know how to play a fiddle, but I do know how to amuse myself, Thank you!! Lol! Don’t worry soon i will become bored of your blog and leave yout to resume your self loathing and pity party.

Ouch Baby, very ouch.

Zat all you got?

• Kapu says:

We are your “fickle friends” (ECY) twisting words? Here are YOURS:
      “Kill them with kindness and make them feel ashamed when they disrespect me. I guess that is one of the joys of being an attractive feminine woman, you can soothe the savage beast with your womanly charms.” ~ECY
      “No, I wouldn’t call the people in Hawaii sheople, just extremely comfortable in their ignorance and have a slow comfort for change(had to throw in a dark side of the moon reference). Lol!
      Locals try to find contentment with what they have, they are a small minded people who don’t ask for much. ” ~ECY
      “Oh and how I miss satire and playful sarcasm of New England. I thought Connecticut Sucked….Oh how I was wrong; Hawaii sucks ten times to Infinity.” ~ECY
      “I tell all of my friends back home what it is really like living here. I tell them imagine the state of Mississippi as an island governor by the most ignorant moronic backwards people you can think of and the majority of the local are comparable to ghetto/trailer park mentality, who have nothing better to do but over drink, go beach and repeat the same talk story over and over again. It gets old really fast. The culture as a whole is sophomoric and emotional immature.” ~ECY
      “Sadly the culture here is conditioned into brainwashed comformity, I find it intellectually lacking in both conversation and things to do. I have many friends and met some awesome people have a full_time job but my stay here is just a phase. The reason people enjoy living here is because the false sense of security and family like surrealism. They live with their heads buried in the Sand with the expectation that they don’t have to change for progress to happen.
      When I am not with my friends I am lonely and bored planing my grand exodus in a year or so.” ….. ~ECY
      “I also use to my advantage the fact that most locals are imtimidated by Blacks and they immediately back down because I am not the “sterotypical Black” ~ECY

You are a fickle pickle, far from a friend and far from stable. Congrats on your reddit quiz, here are your results :

Oh cool you are an ENFP, you took an on-line personality quiz. Kudos!:) So this :Particularly when under stress, criticism or conflict, ENFPs can experience emotional bursts that are counter-productive at best.

3. Eastcoastyaknee says:

Nah, having too much fun with you insignificant dweebs!

• Eastcoastyankee says:

I’ll get bored soon don’t worry, beside I am giving you the opportunity to hate on someone besides the locals. Ok, ok I promise after today I will leave you alone. I mean your ever going to feel complely comfortable in Hawaii. So if this is the only place you can find your small piece of Paradise, who am I to disrupt it. You’re cowardly because none of you would be able to talk about these topic face to face with a local. “MY ( fictitious) TRUTH” I know you don’t give the locals hell,if you did they would have ran you off this island years ago. No, you fall in place and walk with your eyes cast down just like the coward that you are. So this is the only place you can come and feel like a “real boy”. Ok cowardly lions I just became Official bored with you, now you can go about your day/lives belittling me without anymore interjections from me! Enjoy Maggots! Especially you John mwah!

• My Truth says:

Single black gorgeous female seeks attentive audience, limelight, public adoration, and constant validation. Seeks praise-heaping man who doesn’t mind me keeping his balls in a mason jar. I’m a beautiful, succulent kind of lady who likes to use her womanly, sensual, sensuous charms to hypnotize any mother f*cka I want. My man must not use $5 words, must pay for everything since I’m so highly valuable and must tell me I am intelligent. Potential suitors must not disrespect me, as I do not disrespect anybody else. Interested applicants must submit a photo, debit card, meal ticket, and balls in a mason jar to me before I will consider you worthy of my attention and company any further. Must be card-carrying victim, and allow me to play the race, woman, and “intelligent” cards. Email me at ECYLove@self-centered.com.

• John says:

LMDFAO I was going to write just about the same about ECY….. Except I think it’s pretty clear “she” is experiencing some issues with bipolar disorder. Funny how the eloquence of her writing has dissappeared, replaced by honey girl-esque delusional manic ranting. Sad she has gone off her meds…….

Thought you’d like that😉

4. Mike Scott says:

Your blog should be subtitled ‘Mindless ramblings of a terminally butt hurt assclown”. Seriously bra, you are the ones we in Hawai’i laugh at as they come here with a chip on their shoulder, can’t succeed in throwing their weight around (or succeed in anything, for that matter), alienate everyone possible with all manner of presumptions and prejudices, ostracize themselves, and then pack up their shit in a huff to slink back to the mainland. A true treasure. Come on back sometime when you have more money to spend. We love you, Aloha!

Are you Hawaiian?

• Fran says:

Thanks John & MT-
        Only a low life POS could ever claim pride in ripping anyone off and as far as throwing “our” weight around… well, shit, it looks like someone needs to have some balls over there. Do they not have the capacity to be self-sufficient enough to NOT rip people off?, apparently not. Alienation and all the rest stems from them and it’s blatantly obvious from the post (jealousy, hate and insecurity there), backward all the way. We can probably laugh a lot harder than they when we deposit our wages (earned, not stolen) into our accounts while they claim to earn their money by ripping “us” off and while faking their “Aloha” (I’ve actually come to loathe that word just based on what it truly represents by low life posts like this, what a shame) which just exposed “them” as the frauds, thieves and manipulators that they claim to be. No shame, no class, no decency. I’ve never seen so much fear of people as I’ve seen in and heard from them. I wanted to keep it tame, but when you can’t reason with or fix stupid, a little bit of fight ensues in me. As far as ECY, that’s a lost cause and a useless waste of time as is this other latest thing here too, undoubtedly. Well, lol – good night. It’s morning here though. zzzzzz

• John says:

You did see in the news recently korea launces ballistic missiles, ongoing issues with china’s breaches of trade agreements? How long do you really think it will be until the US is at war with at least one asian country? How much trust do you think the US military is going to have with all the haole hating locals on these islands? What do you think is going to happen to all those asian held coveted government jobs? Just wondering what all the locals have to back their entitlement to hawaii….. It certainly isn’t the respect of being part of the US unless of course they have their hand out for federal government money…. So you keep thinking about who will be leaving?

• Fran says:

Hey John,
        The last reply was for “Mike” as well. I’m with you and don’t feel confident that the existence there will improve much if at all, unless you can at least be a little secluded from … well, I’ll stop there.

• John says:

No worries Fran, I got who you were responding to. I do find it amusing with all that is going on politically & socially and all the current propaganda being published in media, the locals in hawaii seem to believe when shite hits the fan, they are somehow going to retain control of the islands, automatically receive trust with the reputation for hate of the whites are hey have made for themselves….

• Fran says:

Most people from the mainland I met in Hawaii were recruited by your state and some were strongly persuaded to relocate to Hawaii because the state was in major need of skilled professionals to assist several departments and businesses in getting up to speed with the demands of a much needed higher tech workforce that the local people were not adept to or prepared to manage or sustain with their current systems or management in place so there was and is much deficiency there. Also many construction jobs were/are in demand because locals in Hawaii could not perform and endure the job requirements necessary. Several employers were ill-equipped to put into place imperative measures or skilled employees that could get some jobs done (not all, I want to be clear on that) so if anything, I think the opposite is true for the most part as far as wages paid to mainland workers. They pretty much took advantage of opportunities in Hawaii offered to them (not sought after), yet not in any shape or form by way of thievery or trying to screw anyone over. They were fair, skilled, professional and very eager to help out graciously. Few wanted to stay long term due to family obligations and nice homes they had invested in so they were eager to return home to the mainland. Also, there was a handful of people I met from Chicago who relocated to Honolulu because they could not find work in or around Chicago, but definitely thrived in Hawaii with very few to no problems, if any.
      People I met in Hawaii from the mainland who left there (Hi) or planned on leaving did so because they either didn’t like it, had responsibilities awaiting them, etc. I never met a person who said they were leaving because they were defeated or depleted of money. Mostly I think they profitted from state and decided to move on for whatever reason(s). And those who have stayed, I applaud them for excelling and being where they choose to be. I think it’s very sad how many people struggle and are neglected in your state and a large majority are locals, not otherwise. I think you’re inflating your home state way too much; nevertheless I respect your pride, but please stop throwing stones. It’s not all that desirable to all people. I, myself, admit that I do miss some aspects of the island(s) and am very grateful I got to experience it (for a while).

• My Truth says:

Great comment Fran. You too, John.

The truth is, this bozo is not Hawaiian, and not even local. He’s like Sgt. Hulka there, trying desperately to find an identity in Hawaii that will be acceptable to the vagrants who are from here. So don’t worry, he’s harmless. Lame, yes, but pretty harmless in his ignorance.

Also, another drive by. Sheesh.

MT

5. My Truth says:

OH BOY, do I have a story for you…later on today or tomorrow, when I have time – it’ll take awhile to type it out.

Until then, let’s just say something happened today that confirms most, if not all of what I’ve been saying about shitbag locals…

Regards

MT

• John says:

Gee lets see, the second police chief & wife are being investigated for corruption, as is the ethics committee…. Someone in the dostrict court has been stealing cheques & money orders people have sent in to pay tickets & cashing em through their hawaii state federal credit union account…. So far nothing on that investigation being done by the sheriff’s office …. Still no cases of the zeta virus, but hawaii is asking for more than Obama set to be spent nationally for research? Marines are busy adding to their helicopters et cetera…. The rail project has been broken into rail cars already graffitied and stuff ripped off lets not mention the rails pre bought are rusted out but according to the expert reviewed “rust is a protective coating?” LMDFAO CAN’t wait to read your post tonight ….

• My Truth says:

OK, so here goes. I’m going to give you the scenario, and let’s just say that I’m on Kauai this time…I’ll also change some identifiers, so the point of the story will be understood, but not necessarily the situation.

So I’m at work today, and it just so happens that one of the local supervisors is working with me – I am a supervisor and we are the same level of position. I was given a tasker to write a three part report by the end of the day. I sought out and solicited help from this guy, whom I’ll call “Kimo.”

There Kimo is, sitting at his desk, and I ask for his help. He tells me no – “Oh, no, I stay doing this…”

I asked what he was working on.

“Oh, I stay paying bills.”

Paying bills. He’s not available to work while he’s on the clock – instead, he’s PAYING HIS FUCKING BILLS, and turning me down at the same time. I look at him incredulously, and say to him, “that’s not work – you’re going to leave me hanging to do this three part report while you do bills?” I was fuming – and he knew he was wrong. I continued, “Oh, OK, I understand, I’ll just go do this by myself, thanks a lot…”

As I walked out of the room, he called back to me, saying, “Truth, come back, come back…” I called back saying I’d be working on the report. This is where it gets good.

I was out in the back about five minutes later taking my afternoon break, and this shitbag comes out and starts giving me the tough local schtick. “Brah, we’re the same level, don’t get me wrong, don’t fucking talk me lidat…”

I snapped. He knew it. He could immediately see it in my glazed over eyes, and his whole visage took on a very sheepish look. But he had pushed me too far. Look out Brah, you gon’ get one twenty years pent up angah…

“Fuck you,” I said to him. He went from sheepish to surprised. This is where I saw I had him right where I wanted him.

“FUCK. YOU,” I repeated, this time with gusto.

I said a few more words to the effect of “leave me the fuck alone; I have work to do; I don’t have much time; and then, I left.” Then, I remembered he had asked for my assistance that very morning, and I had promised to help him on Wednesday.

Kimo was in tow. I sat back down at my desk.

“Truth, I’m sorry,” Kimo began, “I don’t wanna be like this…” Basically, I had that shitbag right where I wanted him. This little display of unprofessional, insulting, and childish behavior was going to cost him. He knew it.

He jumped on his computer, all the while trying to chat it up with me; I told him not to talk to me, that I wanted to cool down. I cold-shouldered that fucker for the rest of the day, and he could feel it and openly displayed his little pansy tail between his legs. This is the kind of stuff that’s worth staying here just a little bit more.

So, tomorrow, I’ll be going in and not saying one fucking word to Kimo. Around 10:00, he’ll sheepishly walk in and make like everything is alright, before asking me for my help. Will I? Maybe. Or, maybe I’ll just do the piece by myself, then give him a copy to follow – which he will NOT be able to do, with that stupid, wide-eyed, shit-eating grin on his face saying, “I no mo’ computah dakine. Skills lidat.” I reminded him of the fact that I’ve helped him quite a bit in the last several months, too.

So, what do you think I should do?

I’m going to relish reading John’s response, and anyone else’s who wants to join in.

Nynite😉

My Truth

• John says:

I personally would do the work myself, since he was obviously to busy doing personal stuff on the clock to help you. Let kimo hit up is other local buddies to help him do his projects. It’s been my experience locals will be “nice” to you as long as they believe they can use you for something. As soon as you make it clear you are done with a one sided “friendship” I’ve found then you are and always have been the problem for not asking how high everytime they say jump. At school I got to when a teacher here said we were to work on a group project, I would just say I’d rather work on my own because I have no desire to do all the work, pay for all the supplies, only to share a grade with people who did nothing to earn it? Fuck him He’s supposed to be just as qualified as you holding getting paid for the same position. Let him shine in all his own glory for his own work.

• My Truth says:

He and his incompetent boss are sitting in each other’s laps blindly trying to somehow get this job done. I washed my hands.

By the way Kimo, if you’re reading this, there are so, so many more things I know how to do competently that you never will. How does it feel to be as stupid and incompetent as you, with that scared, confused, lame, panicky look you have on your face, when you blather out “Ummmm, aaahhhhhh, I no mo’.”

You stupid, ignorant son of a bitch dumb bastard!!!

Go fuck yourself.

• John says:

Sadly it’s just expected for whitey to step up & do the work. But then be modest & to share the appreciation /praise for getting the work done with locals who have no clue to do their job?
        I got over that bullshite real quick. Then found locals who did shite work, were getting the same grades as those of us who actually put in time & effort?

• My Truth says:

I saw that in a college course here. They were letting students submit crumpled papers they wrote in class right there before class started.

I called the teacher on it right in front of the whole class. Didn’t like that much.

MT

6. Fran says:

None of these work or classroom scenarios is surprising to me since I’ve experienced similar ones myself. I guess it just stems from their lack of ability and laziness combined, but incredibly accepted by all those like-minded people who deep down know of their lack and insecurities so they can only get by through “turning the tables” tactics and screwing the actual professionals (do all and know how) over while claiming to the superior ones. They believe it’s their privilege and it is despicable. We just have to believe in karma to endure this crap sometimes.
    Happy 4th of July to you all! And God Bless America!

• John says:

So true Fran, Happy and safe 4th of july you & yours too! Funny, you certainly don’t hear them complainig about celebrating / the 4th by going to camp out in all the parks all damn weekend & leaving all their trash behind all over so their uncles can have government jobs to go pick up after them …or as It always seems to me…. Sitting in a government pay for truck doing nothing for at least four (4) hours wasting gas & getting paid for eight hours …. LoL

• Fran says:

Thanks John, I will. Ya, they’ve got nothing to complain about, only hatred to shed on “you know who” – word beginning with “W” + people😉 – for no good reason(s). You guys crack me up!

How ’bout this for a 4th of July present:

I’m leaving.

Got a job offer on the mainland and I’m working out the details with HR. But I’d say I don’t have more than three months left on this one-horse shithole.

Jealous, John? :):):)

A VERY happy 4th, INDEED.

MT😉

• John says:

Yeah a little but happy for you for another move upward …. Hope you end up somewhere with bright days, clean water, and good people to share you & your lives! Happy 4th to you as well.

7. ICU8PUC2 says:

Congrats to MT on his release from this overpriced ghetto.
    As I’ve always thought; no one truly comes here to make it and few stay here for long.
    Most who come are connected with the federal government or have a short term working for a company as few here have the job skills fro the technical work that needs to get done.

Of course it’s a haven for losers, drifters, runaways, and the workman’s comp crowd. An influx of shady oddballs and dysfunctional types who add nothing to the place.

I as well am in the process of leaving by the end of the year. I won’t be coming back Just head over to Ala Moana Park today to reinforce why leaving is the right decision.

• My Truth says:

You know, ICU, just no reinforcement needed. I am so tired of mediocrity being the standard, it reminds me of a friend who once told me why I felt I didn’t fit in here.

I was lamenting the problem with locals being so damned cold, and that I felt I wasn’t doing the right things.

She stopped me in my tracks.

“No, MT,” she reassured me, “it is not you that is the problem…they cannot hang with you.”

I was puzzled. She continued.

“The book, ‘Escape to Freedom’ speaks of those people who are not part of the masses, those who always look to each other for the answer – when in reality, no one in their group has it.” “You are a leader; you have the answers; you are not doing anything wrong – you are simply not one of them, not part of their flock, you are not a sheep huddling among other sheep.”

From that day forward, I NEVER looked back. Anytime a local cold-shouldered me, I got it. They’re not strong enough to have ANY kind of affinity with me, because they cannot put together even one individualized, cogent, rational thought.

Today, one of my supervisors slighted me by making a remark about “what some others would say about you – get the fuck out.” Initially, it bothered me, but then, after thinking it through, I said to myself, “No, he’s right.”

I’ve been here too long – and locals will NEVER be on par with the kind of quality person I am. As a dog returns to his own vomit, so do local people to their pathetic lives, eeking out an existence, and blaming everyone around them for their shitty, meaningless lives.

So, when I leave and the door hits me in the ass, I’ll just move on to my promotion, to affordable housing, to affordable food – and I’ll laugh all the way to the bank because of it. The state I’m going to has no income tax – or sales tax.

And when I do leave, it will feel SO GOOD – and I hope the same is true for you, ICU and John.

My Truth

• Charles says:

In a state full of Democrats, what would you expect?

• Fran says:

Hey MT – I haven’t been on site here for almost a week and WOW! – This is some news! Welcome back to the land of the free where people are authentic, have manners and are for the most part, kind at heart. Also, welcome back to dialog in complete sentences where people can actually communicate (yes, accents vary, but it’ll be such a welcoming change to be able to communicate and be understood without dumbfounded looks and major lack of understanding even the basics of English comprehension) and where cleanliness is encouraged and appreciated; hoarding is frowned upon and not tolerated. Congratulations to you!
        For me, I love my central AC, ice maker, state of the art microwave, pool, gym, laundry room in condo and laundry facility room for all those who don’t purchase for hookup in condo/apartment, bug control, beautiful landscaping and upkeep on property – all included in rent. – so very nice and spacious at half the cost (or less) of a rental dump in Hawaii and the air is clean without the stench of overly populated homeless people that Hawaii refuses to address.
        I am very happy for you.
        Charles – I’m with you – Carribbean for all tropical future vacations.

• Charles says:

I agree, there are no redeeming qualities in this place. I do not even understand why the tourists even come here! I spent my vacations in the carribbean before coming here and those islands were so much nicer. Locals even had decent places to live and the beaches and their parks were miles ahead of Hawaii in quality. Hawaii’s answer to the beach park is: “Brah, ets put em concrete pillas on de ground and neva fix dem bathrooms for dem haolies that pay off of my bills so me and de wif can live wit my mom and dad!”

6 months left, I am glad that I live on base and never purchase anything off base because I do not want to pay a fucking cent in taxes to assist this broken state. My kids are home schooled as well because the system here is worse than Mississippi.

• John says:

Ph but didn’t the local pride swell with a sense of achievement in passing air conditioning for their run down portal schools…. And didn’t the aloha shone so brightly with inflated local bids in a price gouging war at the thought of government contract being paid to install it, leaving the kids to sit in sweat boxes for months longer while they look for a reasonable bids to do the job?

8. ocelot says:

Yeah Hawaii sucks

9. Charles says:

Happy 4th of July everyone! Today is the day that all of the locals claim their spot in a dirty and run down beach park a day in advance so they can cook food, drink beer, and drown each other in dirty water while watching a substandard fireworks show. The sad thing is that the majority of them have no idea what the holiday is for or even who the third president of the United States was. They are just happy to not have to be in their generational home sleeping with their girlfriend or wife with their mom and dad in the next room and their children on the floor in their room because they cannot afford to live on their own in this shithole. Also, paying too much for a crappy Toyota truck is a priority over saving for an overpriced wooden shack with no air conditioning or a garbage disposal.

If the beaches are the redeeming factor for this place then why are they so small and shitty?

What a fucking dump!

10. Fran says:

OK, one more plus for living back on the mainland – People welcome and embrace diversity no matter what color you are, where you’re from or who you are – an unspoken peace among all that just exists here. I haven’t met one person here (mainland) who liked living in Hawaii; they hated it, they get it and got out.

11. Fran says:

Oh hey, John,
    I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to and I’m happy that there are people like you/ us still living there and representing the fair and just way of life in paving a way and fighting for what’s right. To be honest, I do miss some people from there, the tropical vegetation and my daily routine. The posts were mainly intended to take a jab at the state and its people (as we often do) and serve as encouragement to MT, which he probably didn’t need to begin with. I always admire your tenacity and fight in dealing with the BS you and many of us have endured.

• My Truth says:

Oh I don’t know Fran, John was probably just messing with you there. I do appreciate your words of encouragement though, I’m excited as all get-out! Thanks!

MT

• John says:

LMDFAO….. You know I’m just paying off my credit card debt & then My tired fat arse is outta here too…. I actually wouldn’t mind staying ’till we go to war with korea & china. To be able to see how much the attitude changes when they are affraid of the witch hunt that’s gonna go on. Be nice to see coveted, self important, entitled, government jobs filled with qualified, educated, competent mainland people ….

12. Ianmon says:

Im born and raised in hawaii. Hawaii is the most caring and safest place to live in the world . And tbe idiot who wrote his comments needs cracks big time .ive been to and lived in the mainland continental united states for yeats and i always was home sick
    We dont have alot of dumbass idiot problems like mainland haole. Have . So if he dont love hawaii he is a damm fool.and we dont need or ignorant people here to visit

Lanmon,

Go fuck yourself, you ignorant, classless, vagrant shitbag. Your opinion doesn’t mean shit here, so just take that “howzit” approach of yours and take a walk down to the “dakine Hawaii” blog. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass.

• John says:

Lanmon, you are so right…. You don’t need any more stupid here. Stupid is beyond abundant in hawaii, only third to the laziness & incompetency.

• Fran says:

Hey Ianmon –
      He’s a “damm” fool for not loving Hawaii. LOL, that’s really funny. You are where you belong and can’t identify or relate to much else, but have a good night. You think Hawaii cares about anything at all and is considered the safest place to live “in the world”. Wow! I wonder how many other places “in the world” you lived in to make such a dumb conclusion. I think you are blinded by your beloved Hawaii. The world doesn’t only consist of Hawaii and Las Vegas, NV – just a FYI for you. You’re so silly. Aloha!

• Charles says:

Lemon,

You are truly one and thank you for adding your ignorance and making it easy for us to illustrate how sad you pathetic existence is living in generational housing, voting for corrupt Democrats because you are an ignorant retard, and buying an expensive car or Tacoma to place in front of your parents home that lacks AC or a garbage disposal or even a garage. If you have a girlfriend or wife you likely reside in your childhood room next to your parents room with her. How pathetic right?! Vote for rail… Vote for the braddahs dat keep al ya if ignint n stupid. Please do not saw haolie… You are likely part of the Asians that the Hawaiian people decided to block from invading their land in the late 1800s and early 1900s. You are the worst example of how immigration ruins a native society. Close to no Polynesians exist here now because the Asian infestation. Being 20% “Hawaiian” is not redeeming… It just means that you are 80% Asian. Argue the facts please Mr. Ignorant… Defend the shitty roads and failing third world schools too.

Hi Charles,

Totally agree!

One thing you may want to know, though, is that most, if not all of us who post against Hawaii and its crooked ways generally remain politically-neutral – because we are a diverse bunch who really attack Hawaii based on locals’ actions versus political affiliation.

Just my two cents. You have your points and they’re we’ll-made.

Regards,

My Truth

• John says:

Charles, have you no white guilt for the way we stole their land and distroyed their culture? LMDFAO oh, right you were talking about “locals/asians” the farm workers who believe some how coming to work on plantaions, roads and other grunt work somehow entitles them to someone elses land they worked on?

• My Truth says:

That’s “well made.” Phone auto correct…

• Charles says:

John,

I simply think that it is ridiculous that some of the “locals” believe that Europeans destroyed their culture. The Hawaiians killed off their own culture by allowing the flood gates to open in regards to Asian migrant workers. Look at the population today…. Over 80% Asian! Less than 10% claim to be actual Polynesian (prob less than 50%) during the last census. True, many locals cannot read so who knows how many actually filled out a census but I am sure that many stay home during the week within their generational housing or public ally provided homes so the census might be right due to the fact that census door knockers might have reached them. Regardless “locals”, especially those that look Asian and have an Asian last name should never look at a person with European ancestry with any distain.

V/R

Charles

• John says:

Charles I completely agree with you on your points ( yes I was being sarcastic in my laat post to you ). When I put my home up for sale in seattle, I found it courious when several neighbours spproached me saying please don’t sell to asians. I’ve always lived in ethnically diverse neighbourhoods. So I didn’t see what it mattered who moved in … Untill they started coming to look and then coming back with more and more “family” to invest in the house together … Then I move here and see it up close and personal… You hear in local news house fire distroyed house all 28 residents got out safely? Seriously??? My house in seatle was 3k sq ft on half acre, I thought one other person in my place was a pain. Now I understand why my neighbours didn’t want the mess & decresed property values that come with that many people living in a single family home. They’re worse than roaches.

13. ICU8PUC2 says:

What Lanmon fails to realize is that this is a place run by a Democratic Monarchy for the last 57 years. A dilapidated run down Banana Republic that is propped up by federal money. A boondoggle of welfare, greed, corruption, and incompetence. Lanmon also represents the quality of the public school system’s educating of people into generational dependency. His take is very lame and the same ole local mantra. Tell ya what Einstein, I pay taxes and own property and that gives me the right to say whatever I want. This place would be grand if we could get rid of all the locals.

One other thing I want to discuss. The quality of food in eating establishments. How many of you no longer eat out due to high cost and low quality? It seems that if one is not paying lots of money, your essentially eating garbage that the locals think is top notch fare.

14. My Truth says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS – DEAD LAST!!!

15. My Truth says:

So, I got bored and decided to come down to Ala Moana tonight…I wanted to eat at Sbarro’s because I hadn’t eaten there in quite awhile. After dinner, I wandered into the new area of the mall near Ben Bridge and Bloomingdale’s – you get the idea. It’s really beautiful what they’ve done to revitalize the place.

Part of what they’ve done to make it nicer is the quality of the music played. When I was there, it was a sophisticated, beautifully played classical guitar piece. It matched perfectly with the surrounding decor.

After about 30 minutes, I needed something from Long’s, and went inside. It was as if I had gotten hit square in the face with a palm heel.

On their sound system, Longs had Braddah Iz singing his hit single, “Somewhere Over The Rainbow.” I felt nauseated. I got my stuff and left.

This little detour confirmed to me what I’ve been feeling all along; and that is, I am so over this one-horse shithole, and I am so disgusted by the likes of fat-ass “Braddah Iz” and all his fucking pseudo-cousins.

Seriously. This place is a fucking garbage dump. And I’ve done what I had to do, and now I’m leaving it for a much better standard of living and a raise.

Keep it, Hawaii. You deserve this shithole.

• John says:

Truth, a stockbroker who lives in my current building phoned about chinese in the building next door dumping their shit on the street for pick up… Thing is they always bring it over to dump in frontvof our building/in the room our dumpster is in when you yell at em they of course don’t speak english. He said the same thing “can’t wait to get out of this shitehole”.

16. My Truth says:

“You don’t want to take advantage…”

So I’m sitting in the doctor’s office, and a couple of local ladies are talking and won’t shut up. One lady says to the other the above quote.

This is one of my favorites. They have no idea what the hell they are trying to say. None.

What they mean is, “You don’t want to take it for granted,” but because just about every stupid local there is here in da islands can’t put together two brain cells to force out a cogent thought, they sit there and look, act, and sound what they really are – stupid.

Time to go in!

MT

• John says:

LMDFAO Island ebonics…. I do love to laugh. Coming from hillbilly roots I have seen it in the ignorant south way to often. It’s like a mad TV skit of ignorent people trying to use phrases & big words to seem intelligent & important? You even see it often on hawaii’s news. As far as being in a doctor’s office have you ever noticed how many support staff each doctor here need? My cousin is an office coordinator for three doctors, three nurse practitioners, two rn, and two assistants …. She is responsible for everything but payroll? She makes appointments, confirms them answers the phone, returns call with answers, helps with all the required coding she has learned throughout the years … One person, to do what three people here can’t get done? WTF

• Fran says:

Ah, yes, this brings me back to another unfavorable conformity of having lived there which was the “dummying down” as practically being a necessity and a compromise I don’t miss in order to communicate with locals there. I consider myself being of average intelligence (at best), yet soon realized upon arriving there and getting acclimated in the workforce, that I needed to stick to basic English language and dropping some of those words that were over 2 syllables long. Otherwise, I would receive looks of either dumbfoundedness or as if I was being an ***hole. LOL. It was so refreshing to encounter people from the mainland who could comprehend and communicate the English language. Even international people who had learned or were learning English as a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th language were so many steps ahead of those in Hawaii who were born and raised there as having English as the primary language (oops, Pidgin first I guess, English questionable). They really do sound so stupid and oppressive to the ears of anyone not from there, but hey, they like it and think it’s cool. It definitely wouldn’t go over well anywhere else so it’s a good thing they keep it in Hawaii.

• John says:

So damn true…. Sad but true… I love how the news broadcaster “got the call to come back home”…. Like so many other locals … Funny on the mainland when most people move to better themselves the last place they want to be is back where they came from…

17. My Truth says:

Hey Guys,

I’m headed into a busy time in my life where I’ll be moving, packing, and starting a graduate program all at the same time – oh, and I also work full-time, and have a part-time job : /

So, I’ll have to take a little break from responding to the forum that we all have grown to feel like our own little family, sharing our pertinent experiences, shoving it right back into locals’ faces when necessary, and writing the occasional vent.

John, Fran, Betty, ICU – all of you, and you know who you are – be well and keep fighting the good fight. I AM NOT LEAVING, but instead I’ll be below the radar, watching for the inevitable dust-up, and cheering you on. Oh, and if I feel like it, I may do the proverbial “drive-by-flaming” if it’s really something stuck in my craw, or if I feel like slamming some stupid local who comes in here shooting his or her mouth off.

REMEMBER, I AM NOT LEAVING.

I will return – most likely once I’ve gotten settled into my new job and home in the lower 48 states(fuck “the mainland” – it’s not my term.) But it’ll probably be a few months before I can tell the difference between my ass and my elbow – this whole thing is going to be VERY upending – but also very, VERY good for me and my life. I hope you, if you’re still on-island, get the break you need to get off this one-horse shithole, too.

So John, and all the rest, I leave the keys to you for now, but always remember: You are NOT alone – I will be cheering you from the bullpen, and if it gets to be heated, I may just make a foray in to help you quash any nitnoid shitbag, uneducated, pidgin-talking, “big body,” punk-ass local who thinks “dakine” is the end all, be all. FUCK. THEM.

Idiot Locals: FUCK. YOU.

My Truth

• John says:

Thank gawd I won’t have to break out Thelma Houston drag, & mirror ball and sing don’t leave me this way ……HAHAHAHAHAHA

• My Truth says:

Bust it out!!! Nothing like a little disco to brighten things up around here…

You’re sucking me back in JOHN!!! (Remember that little gem? :) )

I almost had to choke someone today. Holy shit, if she were in front of me I would’ve jumped across the fucking table and choked the living shit out of her. I’m on the phone with answering service. I tell the lady, “The doctor will call you…”

She says, “Well OK, he will probably call and then in the morning and…yada, yada, yada…

And then, it hit me. She thought I was asking her a question in pidgin. I could’ve crawled through the fucking phone cable and strangled her proper.

“NO,” I continued,

THE

DOCTOR

WILL. LISTEN TO ME. LISTEN TO ME,YOU FUCKING IGNORAMUS,

**WILL**

CALL

YOU.

You fucking classless, tasteless, turd.

Does it make sense why I’m so happy to leave this shithole now?

OMG.

• Mytruthisamyopticegomaniac says:

Wow get a life….. melodramatic much!
      Good Riddance.

Honey Girl?

You DO know how to read, don’t you? Oh yeah, Hawaii ranks LAST out of ALL 50 states and territories when it comes to I.Q. Since I know you don’t know what that means, it stands for “Intelligence Quotient.”

Next.

• Ausländer says:

It’s spelled Myopic. Not “myoptic”. You just proved the point.

• My Truth says:

Nice catch, Ausländer. Typical response from a dirtbag local shoving their foot in their mouth.

Regards,

MT

• John says:

Butt-hurt much? We’re gonna forgive you because of the shape of you head … No go squat like a monkey & wait for your buss…

• My Truth says:

It’s, “Da Bus,” John, get your shit together.

• John says:

*** now go …. For da buss… I assume “da” classifies the level of intelligence?

• My Truth says:

Yes. It’s an indication their intellect is in the fucking toilet. Not surprising in shithole Hawaii…

• John says:

Blame it on no air conditioning/ destroyed desk /furnishings in the classrooms…. The fact kids from third world countries who have no classroom/ desk come to the mainland better educated than locals from hawaii… One of our own states.

• My Truth says:

Yeah, one of my favorite topics: “Locals Hating on Locals.” Bunch of fucking frauds. “The gift of Aloha,” my ass. They don’t even treat EACH OTHER that way, most of the time. Most are a bunch of self-centered, me-driven, stupid grin on their face IDIOTS.

They don’t need my help to tear them down. They do that to each other very nicely, thank you…

• Youguysaretoopathetic says:

You are just as classless the very people you hate on. Wasted pieces flesh, you are insignificant and pathetic. Frauds everyone of you, with myopic eyes close you scream complaints that exsist in every state and government. Only here in Hawaii your American white arrogance isn’t tolerated. Not all whites are hated on in Hawaii…I meet an ex military woman who plays with the Royal Hawaiian Band. Just egotistical whites like yourselves who are uncomfortable with being in the minority.

Now show me how uneducated You Are by screaming obscenities of the vulgarity, with low blows and assumptions. What a sad little men and woman the three of you are that after you leave horrible Hawaii that you are still going to make it a point to visit this page and comment. You are worst than the locals…..

HAHAHA HAHAHA

Awwww, c’mon you guys, ya’ll leave Honey Girl and her pristine good- hearted local family alone…it hurts to be sucked back into a place like Hawaii Sucks where the bold truth is told!

Actually, I find it interesting when locals find this site. I mean, REALLY, if it was THAT GOOD in Hawaii, why aren’t you spending all your time on a cultural “I Love Hawaii” blog?

Because the truth is, you know as well as we do that Hawaii is a one-horse shithole, and that locals have ruined these islands WAY MORE than the big, bad white man EVER has.

Now take your sob sorry and get the fuck out of here. You’re not wanted.

Bye Honey Girl…

• John says:

He says while using internet, computer/phone while owning a car, TV, in their typical white mainland style home… And when they go to the frig for a beer or soft drink enjoying your status symbols, all the while hating whitie while couldn’t make it through a day without enjoying the benefits whitie has brought you… You probably even dress in white style cloths ?? Remind us what all hawaian locals have contributed to america? Go fuck youself.

BababaBOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!

As Honey Girl’s head explodes…

Nice one, John.

MT

• John says:

She’s probably under the impression everything that allows the life she lives as a proud self important local is mana from the gods… Even though identifies with being christian…. The very people they blame for the downfall of native hawaiian culture… Although she herself, asian or portaguese no tahitian king bloodline whatsoever.

• My Truth says:

Exactly! Just like all of them – a bunch of lowlifes who co-opt and steal everything but the banana leaf hat, and then look the other way and pretend like it always existed, all the while enjoying the benefits of the USEFULNESS of white INTELLECT!

Fucking losers.

• Mytruthisamyopticegomaniac says:

Man….the two of you are soooo pathetic, broken scratched records repeatedly typing the same ill information over and over again(as in the u.s government provides funding for schools, schools across the nation are failing due to common core. Do some research oh that’s right you won’t because it would upset your bigoted ideology) . Angery white men with an inferiority complex all due because you were treated like a minority.
        Good back to the mainland to hatred, racism, division and chaos enjoy…you have been out of touch living here in Hawaii you have no clue what your walking into. Be ready to dodge bullets. Trust me just left to come here to relax from the violence.
        No one is going to scrap in the MAINLAND run your mouth to much to the wrong person and get shot.
        Enjoy your worthless….your so pathetic if you die I doubt anyone who mourn your passing for very long.

• My Truth says:

You don’t do English much, do you?

By the way, the reason we keep repeating ourselves is because you thick-headed locals can’t get it through your fucking concrete skulls – You’re a bunch of one-dimensional, dead-end, shallow and vapid poor excuses for victims – CONSTANTLY playing the victim.

I don’t give a flying fuck what you think about me. I’ve ruled your life for decades, lived a great life in Hawaii myself, and called all the balls and strikes. Go fuck yourself on the way out the door. I’ll come here whenever the fuck I want to shove a little truth into your fat, shitty, Portuguese sausage-stuffed face. Go to Zippy’s and have an Orange Bang on me.

Fuck off…

• John says:

I guess we’ll all see how mich integrity you all have when we go to war with china & korea …. So hate whitey all you want we’ll gladly had you & your families over to the chinese where you’ll find your self important arses in chinese labor camps… But hey you won’t have whitey to deal with any more right? Good luck with that:-)

***hand you and your….

18. Fran says:

Honey girl, etc.,
    You should first step off your island and experience at least one or two states in the north, south, east, west and central US by living in various areas before assuming that all US mainland is so horrific. The glory of coming from the mainland is that we’re able to adapt, well- educated, broadminded, versatile, etc which gives us the ability and opportunities to make choices in life. You couldn’t conceive of that vastness so you really haven’t much choice but to defend the only way of life that you and others know there. That’s ok for you, but I would give up all attempts to portray Hawaii as the greatest place on earth, Your posts hold no validity whatsoever in stating what you preach. Our comments, on the other hand, are very true, valid and have been backed up by facts repeatedly so thankfully we can see the absurdity and humor in your state, even as horrendous as it is. Life is short and wisdom comes from experience. Vandalism, theft, pit-bull owners raising “pets” to kill, gout, negligence of mankind, extreme fear of anyone unlike yourselves, houses built of cardboard, ignorance, lack of skilled workers, lack of respect and dignity for all humans, oh my- and the list goes on — are not prevalent or mainstream on mainland like in Hawaii. Yes there are problems here of course, but not nearly as many as you have there when you compare VAST to secluded little tiny dot(s) on the map comprising Hawaii. Give it up honey. We’ll continue to laugh and reflect as you continue to try to defend and promote your backward way of life. You should create your own blog doing just that. This site isn’t for you… just saying.

• Mytruthisamyopticegomaniac says:

Lol Man you really need a life…your life is so meaningless. It wouldn’t matter what state you live you would find reason to complain.
      Who cares if the local are uneducated, they a function within their means and life goes on in Hawaii…you are just upset because your input and opinions are not valued.
      You are not vauled in Hawaii your worthless, you are just a body taking up space. Repeating the same rhetoric phases over and over again with your lover John. The two of you need to stop French kissing and being secret lovers. Pathetic frightened middle age privilege Man syndrome has you acting like transgender sissies.

• Mytruthisamyopticegomaniac says:

Oh and by the way idiots I am from the mainland born and raised punks and No I have no desire to become a local, i enjoy being myself. You can’t even make a tangible argument, you’re beyond worthless.

• John says:

Laughable …. Keep talking your bullshite…. After a while you might convince yourself to believe it yourself.
        Good luck with the one sided “aloha” here.

• My Truth says:

Well, in that case, you’re a lame-o Hawaiian apologist. I think you’re in the wrong forum. Actually, I think you’re a fucking liar.

Nobody from the mainland says they were “born and raised.”

No, you’re a shitbag local who has to disguise yourself because as a local, nobody takes you seriously, listens to you, or holds anything you say to be in any way, shape, or form, as intelligent bY ANY MEANS . Nobody cares – you have been marginalized. Locals are stupid, uneducated, slow-on-the-draw nitwits who couldn’t tell their fucking ass from a hole in the ground. So you keep pretending you’re “not from Hawaii.” That’d be just fine by me.

Piece of garbage.