Hawaii sucks

I’ve been avoiding this topic since I started this blog but I’m finally breaking down to gripe. And I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flames in the comments about this or any future posts I may have on the subject.

I hate Hawaii. I’ve lived here for over 2 1/2 years and I can’t wait to leave. Sure, the weather is nice but it really does get old after a while; I really miss having all four seasons. But apart from that, I can’t really find a lot of redeeming qualities about Hawaii.

Most of the people I’ve met in the past who enjoy Hawaii only came for a week or two to visit. If you never get out of the tourist areas, I’m sure it’s quite nice. Waikiki is clean (at least where the tourists go) and the beaches are nice over there. But once you leave the tourist areas, Honolulu is more like a ghetto. Many of the buildings are decrepit, there’s trash and graffiti all over, there’s a lot of homeless people, etc. Behind the facade of paradise is the gutter of real Hawaii.

The local government could care less about doing its job and corruption is rampant across the islands. Last year, 48 million gallons of raw sewage were dumped into the Ala Wai Canal (the demarcation between Waikiki and Honolulu proper). This canal goes straight into the beach area of Waikiki. In the 2+ years I’ve been here, there’s probably been more than eight sewage spills around Oahu, most of them into the canal.

The city waited three days or so before they posted signs after one of the spills and only did it after public outcry. The reason is because they didn’t want to scare the tourists. However, after the big Ala Wai spill, one man died from acquiring a flesh-eating bacteria infection after falling into the contaminated water. The city claims there was no connection between the infection and the release of sewage.

The latest problem is between go! airlines and Hawaiian. Hawaiian is trying to sue to have go! shutdown due to predatory pricing. go! currently charges ~$20 for a one-way trip to a neighbor island. Hawaiian feels it has to charge the same but, since Hawaiian has a larger infrastructure due to also supplying intercontinental flights, they simply can’t afford to compete locally. They also claim that go! used Hawaiian’s financial information illegally after gaining access to it during Hawaiian’s bankruptcy filings. So rather than competing on service or other things that may justify a higher price, Hawaiian is following the route of the music companies and trying to use the courts to prop up an outdated business model, or so it appears. Hawaiian has admitted that they will raise prices immediately to “market level” if go! is shut down.

There is a distinct racial bias against white people and, to an similar extent, black people too. But if you look “local”, you’re okay. I have friend who is Hispanic and was treated like a local when he went to a bar, even having people buy him drinks. But his white friends were given the cold shoulder, or at least not treated nearly as well. And Zeus forbid if you’re military.

The term “haolie” is used to distinguish white people from all others here. According to a dictionary I looked at, haolie means “foreigner”. But it’s definitely not used for all non-locals, only the white ones. And I’ve talked to several native Hawaiians who have stated that it actually means “soulless one”, implying that white people have no soul.

Speaking of language, since when is pidgin English considered a bona-fide language? It’s considered an unofficial language of Hawaii; they have dictionaries, books, and even classes on how to speak it. To me, I just think the speaker is a completely illiterate imbecile when I hear it. Seriously, it makes a person sound like a complete moron when he can’t speak in complete sentences. It’s worse than hearing people who have English as a second language; at least you know they’re trying to learn English.

I have a lot more to complain about but I’ll save it for later. But I know that I’m not alone in my distaste for Hawaii. Nearly every single military person I’ve met hates it here and can’t wait for orders out of here. As a matter of fact, there was one guy who cut his shore duty short and went back to sea because he couldn’t stand it.

Update: Since everyone seems to love commenting about this article (probably because of the title), I thought I’d make sure readers realize that there are other, related articles to this. Apparently relying on people to look at the sidebar for similar stories isn’t enough.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3,714 Responses to Hawaii sucks

1. Locals are fuctards says:

How many of you idiots that voted in the majority for a criminal even though you have no idea how or why she broke the law are crying right now? Safe spaces, comfort animals, and denial plague you. When the final chapter is written you had no clue why you voted for Obama and you dually do not understand classification or corruption because that is what you retards choose to live within every day. Trump is your new boss now and you bitches better get over it soon!

• John says:

Amen but did you see on the local news …. Trump said something about making funding available improving roads & infrastructure, so the state was already looking at getting some of that … Funny how they hate whitey from the mainland but always have their nasty greedy hands out to take hard earned white tax monies provided from mainland states?

• Joe says:

Brah!? Give me dem money to fixed rail and da roads eh?!

• xb90 says:

Speaking of Roads – you must appreciate the fine road work they do on the Big Island – nice and smooth for a while (until the earth below settles) and the lane lines are so twisted and crooked it’ll make you dizzy! Bridge repairs literally take years to complete – you’d think they were building the Golden Gate Bridge!

• John says:

So true, while living on the hilo side of big island they were re doing the road out to puna…. as they were finishing it came up the application of asphalt was done in a faulty manor, so they were going to have to pay the crew that did the work a second time to strip and redo the road….. gotta love local work ethic & integrity

2. Donald says:

Hahahahahahahaha! Donald Trump won bitches! Hahahahaha! Protest all you want but the people working on his property over there are enjoying better pay and benefits than most of you dipshits over there! Enjoy plywood shack life!

3. ICU8PUC2 says:

Firm offer imminent. After over a decade here; I’m almost done and will never look back. FREEDOM from MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• John says:

You now smart like chinese, now you say I stay mainland. Why you leave glorious asian paradise of fake hawaiian culture? You no grateful for incredible opportunity to be second class citizen.

Hi ICU,

I know what it’s like to live in that one-horse shithole and have an imminent job offer coming my way – congratulations, you deserve it! Just wait, there, ICU, you will not believe how fucked up Hawaii is compared to civilization. I continually see more and more just how fucked up it is – and I also learned that for a time (because I was manager and could shove it back into their fat fucking faces,) I settled for less than the best for myself and my life. Once again, congratulations!

Johnnnnaaaayyyy!!! Well, it’s been awhile buddy, but I haven’t forgotten about you. I see you’ve taken the lead on these last few responses, after I handed Kaika his fucking hat. I hope you’re doing well. I am doing superbly well :):):)

I also wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone from the old crew a VERY Happy Thanksgiving. This one is particularly meaningful in that, it actually feels like Thanksgiving because of the weather! It actually feels real. The city I live in has decorated the streets with lights and “Merry Christmas” strung across the main artery. I am beyond exuberant, and I just keep getting happier and happier. No stupid fucking Santa Claus with dressed in an aloha shirt with his toes dipped in water. Now that I have been away for three months 8), I have even seen that being in Hawaii probably cost me more precious things, like my health. Oh, I’m seeking new doctors and such, but I was going to multiple doctors multiple times per week while stuck in Hawaii. Here, I’ve been to one doctor one time for a routine refill.

You guys are special to me. When a group of people has been shit on like we have, you tend to grow a bond stronger than other forum boards. You’re all just a bunch of good shits 🙂 Also, I’ve only heard from the owner of the blog once when I announced that his blog had been abandoned ***sorry :(***, but I would also like to wish the owner a Happy Thanksgiving, too.

One thing I want to get straight about Hawaii is this “Slow Down, this ain’t the Mainland” shit we’ve all seen on idiot locals’ bumper stickers. Let’s just put it this way – it’s the other way around, assholes! When I first came to this new city with a small-town feel, a friend of mine immediately announced, “Oh, you’re going to get a lot of tickets here” because I was going 10 miles per hour over the 25 and 35 mph posted speed limits. It’s the other way around. Hawaii is the fucking rat race, OK you nitless wits? It’s a fucking rat race where cars scurry around like cockroaches looking for that coveted parking spot; trying to beat traffic; or squeezing a few minutes out of some faster moving traffic so you can make it home in time for dinner. So, there dispels that myth. Locals never did know how to drive on the highway anyway, braking at merge points almost to the point of stopping, and actually stopping while trying to get their lame-asses into the flow of traffic. No, if you do that, you’ll get rear-ended by a triple trailer 18-wheeler. You wouldn’t know what the fuck to do with yourself, you pathetic one-dimensional boobs.

Just remember this, everybody: Locals don’t find their way to this blog because they search for the “I love Hawaii” blog. They come here because they search for “Hawaii Sucks,” and this is the first place that pops up – so, there you have it. The next time some loudmouth comes here spouting off, that’ll be one of first my responses, for sure. I know I’ve said it, but it occurred to me it might be an even better opener for these fucking piece of shit losers who come in here to get their ass handed to them. All those people who said they’d outlast us – are they here? Nope. We are. Fuck them. And fuck their precious Hawaii.

Once again, have a very, very Happy Thanksgiving!

Warm regards,

My Truth

P.S. I’m armed and carry a gun everywhere I go now. It isn’t likely I’d ever need it where I am, but let’s just say that, in addition to all the other stupid things locals do, disarming the public was one of them. No, I’m able to protect myself with 18 rounds for the first go-round, and another 34 in two additional clips I carry with me. Recently, a police officer had to shoot a man 21 times because he just wouldn’t stop coming. The last two were head shots. So, what was in his system? PCP? Spice? Alcohol or Marijuana? Ecstacy?

Nope. Not a single illicit or legal drug was found in this man’s system, not even a drop of caffeine. He just snapped. I had always given up my right to carry a weapon while living in Hawaii, but not anymore. I can protect myself, family, and friends if need-be. Something to think about…21 bullets…That’s 40% of what I carry on a daily basis. And what if there are TWO attackers, and they’re both hopped up on PCP??? Stay safe everyone, the last story I read about a guy pulling his gun was when he was with his 9 year old daughter and two thugs had split up and encircled him – over a fucking PlayStation III. These stories are fucking unreal. By the way, all he had to do was show that he had the gun in his hand and they split. Be safe.

• John says:

Hey good to hear from ya Truth! Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours as well…. Hope it’s a safe, wonderful, 1st family holiday back in reality.
        So nice to hear you’re feeling better & your health is improved. Being away, you lose touch with what actual competent qualified health care providers are like….
        We know the reason hawaii is so heinous about guns… People who are tired of the lame fake cops not doing anything would quicky put a stop to a whole lotta the petty arsed crimes here, costing the cops their kick backs. (Can’t have whitey taking out hawaii’s corrupt law enforcement & judicial system….) not to mention how many big mouth low life locals would have to learn to keep their pussy mouths shut. Sorry gotta cut it short & get the pup out…. All the very best in life to you!

4. ICU8PUC2 says:

Thank you for your send off.
    As this place spirals out of control, I will be grateful to depart. The congestion, traffic, high prices, low quality of everyday living, runaway inflation, continuous development of luxury condos, high taxes, dilapidated infrastructure, and congenitally compromised low educated locals is far to much to bear. A convoluted mess of inertia and Polynesian paralysis which has reached the boiling point under the pretense of paradise. The locals are being priced out and outsiders are beginning to dominate. An urban plantation of despair and hordes of low wage locals all mooching off each other. A parasitic society of underachievers and lost souls who wallow on the brink of survival and reality. My time here is now measured in weeks and this secular cesspool will be in the rear view mirror. The great welfare society will now be a memory and it’s survival depends on mainland freebies and it’s money. Like crabs in a bucket; they will continue to drag each other down and scorn those who have achieved; worked hard and made their way in a competitive world. They in turn do not have the functional capacity to make it in a modern society and they remain anchored to this bastion of mediocrity under the premise of Ohana; which is nothing more than generational, malignant co-dependency. Their infantile jealousies are their calling card and in turn is their continual demise towards to dustbin of history as a mediocre society of misfits and marginal humans……..

Did you do PSI?

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Not sure what that is?

• My Truth says:

Ok, I was just wondering because it utilized the same crabs in a bucket concept. Look up PSI Seminars. Good shit for smart people who look below the superficial surface. Like anything else, it has its detractors, but I would do it all over again.

ICU,
      You have stated & summed up the entire situations here so well I don’t even have two cents to add. Much success & happiness to you in your new journey. Once back in reality, you will be able to live “the sky’s the limit” sanity, happiness, & prosperity is on the horizon… Lets hope I’m fortunate enough to be the next one out.
      All the very best to you & yours.
      J.

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Thanks John. Hopefully soon you as well can make it back to freedom from the oppression which is Oahu. The drivers, the retards, waiting months for curtains, and the list could go on to infinity. I am done with Equatorial Economics…..( just draw a ring around the globe; the closer you get to the equator; the dumber and poorer people become).. I will not miss the Costco or Walmart where it looks like a giant refugee camp or boat lift……..

5. HapaGurl says:

Eh, you! How dare you call my people “morons!” What the hell did they ever do to you that you have to have such a snippy attitude? Really lady! That’s their native language whether you like it or not! And no wonder they can’t stand you because of your snippy attitude! You better off going back to the mainland because you could never fit in with the locals…not with your mainland attitude! I can’t stand people who think they’re so high makamaka!

Hi Honey Girl,

You’re a complete and total fucking idiot AND a moron.

Get lost, nobody gives a fuck what you think.

Local shitbag loser…

• John says:

Hahahahahahaha … Funny she chooses to use english, being so proud of her native tongue… That we all know is not native hawaiian but some asian strain.

• My Truth says:

Pidgin English…that stupid fuck can’t put together a single cogent thought. Thanks for the laugh, John!

🙂

• John says:

So you came here to martyr yourself and impress us all with your self loathing? Hey you enjoy using all the things whitey invented and has made available for your use. You self important ungrateful slug trail. Oh yeah, and have a merry christmas … You know another white man holiday you enjoy…

6. Zyzmash says:

Seriously, I’ve been in Hawaii for 6 months and can NOT fucking stand it. 90% of the locals I’ve met are total shit bags who scream, “RESPECT THE AINA!” all the while throwing fucking trash in the jungle (no joke, people dump pig carcasses down the street just in some empty lot). Traffic is stopped once a week because people here can’t drive (apparently using your blinker and not drinking and driving didn’t make it on to HI’s driver exam) and it literally seems like everyone hit 4th grade and just stopped going to school because it’s easier to smoke meth and steal peoples’ cars. I’m out ASAP and I will give the finger to this dump all the way back to civilization. Culture my ass, it’s a farce, this place lost any elegance of culture a LONG time ago. Great scenery if you can stay away from the racist fucks who inhabit this place, but that’s fairly impossible so definitely not worth it.

• John says:

Welcome Zyzmash, while you are stuck in hellyeee, this is a great place to vent… People who have not actually lived here don’t understand or even believe when you try to explain your frustrations.
      Yep, all the while the “locals/ asians” are pushing the propaganda of paradise & aloha… Outside the tourist area the place looks like a third world ghetto…. and the parks are not maintained and the locals just leave their trash all over the ground & on the tables even though there are trash cans 20 feet away… Bunch of nasty, dirty, illiterate low lifes

• My Truth says:

Hey man, you’re taking my word…I use “shitbag” to describe local people in Hawaii all the time; funny how two people who’ve never met can come up with the SAME EXACT WORD to describe these idiots.

I moved away three months ago after living in that one-horse shit hole for 27 years. I stayed too long; you at least have a chance to salvage some years for yourself.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET LEAVING HAWAII. Oh, and any pain-in-the-ass local who wants to stop by and spout off about how terrible this blog is, and yadayadayada, FUCK OFF.

Good Luck Z!

My Truth

7. ICU8PUC2 says:

It took Z man only 6th months to figure out this welfare dump…..usually it’s about 8-12 months to get over the honeymoon. Welcome aboard Z…..Paradise and Aloha is just a scam to have you get rid of your money……a wasteland of losers and con men……
    I am waiting for final confirmation and I am out of here for good…..could take a few more weeks and then it’s Aloha Hard!

8. ICU8PUC2 says:

For our new friend Z—
    For someone from the rest of the country who needs a frame of reference to compare the culture of locals and native Hawaiians with, I would say the black culture from any major metro city in America will come close. They seem to have the family values approximating that of Mexican immigrants, but have the ambition level of ghetto blacks, a weird combination. They have suffered at the hands of European white settlers in the distant past who maligned them and negatively affected their futures. This is true. What is also true is that they, as a people, seem incapable of getting past the events of the past and rising to higher levels of education, industry, modernization, and society. These people are broken. Their rant against the white man is broken record that plays over and over without end. Most love to drive their Toyota trucks to the little beaches, fish, smoke pot, eat Poke’ bowls, drink, and let their half-naked children run around – instead of working a job. You don’t bring your culture, customs, and traditions with you, you check them at the airport gate. From culture to politics, entertainment to education, Hawaii wants nothing to do with the rest of the United States. They are all about doing things their way, and if you don’t agree with that ethos, you are made to feel inferior. There is an air of political correctness and entitlement which permeates everyday interactions with the locals. I could go on and on and on…We are all just passing through; never to return

ICU8PUC2,
      You summed it up pretty well, but forgot to mention while “locals” are on their soap boxes talking shite about how whitey stole their land & destroyed their culture, they couldn’t get through a day without utilizing what whitey has allowed them access to … Even their basics ie cloths & housing (I almost said education, but then laughed) are that of the white man?

• Fran says:

Congrats to ICU….been a while since I’ve visited the blog and yep, always in agreement with what’s still being said about the dump and its “shitbags”. They’ll never credit the whites for anything because of their incredible ignorance and refusal to see reality. Cockiness and contempt exist in every fiber and when they speak their local pidgin garb sounding like complete moronic illiterates, they think it’s cool. I don’t believe there’s another breed like them and I say that in the most undesirable way. They seem stuck in a world of crap.

Hi Frannie!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU! Or, should I say meleikalipikaka?

So good to hear from you. One by one, we’re all leaving Hawaii, and as I shoved it in the blank, stupid face of one of the locals before I left, I told her they get **none** of the good I have to offer any longer.

All they do is ruminate about how much of a fucking victim they are. So that’s what they get to be: weak, pathetic, stupid victims who wear that badge as if it’s some kind of badge of honor – along with their generational welfare.

Love to hear from you! Miss u lots.

Hugs,

MT 🙂

9. Fran says:

Awe shucks, thanks MT and same back to you and the others. Your Hawaiian Christmas Greeting is hilarious.
    I like to check in every now and again for curiosity factor and amusement. That f—— place can sure leave some lingering shock waves within and it becomes increasingly more apparent now that I’ve been back among a mostly sane society for a while where people can think, understand, speak and have manners.

10. Ryan says:

I have lived in Hawaii before, and I can understand a few of the views in this piece from 9 years ago. And, I hope the author has gotten a little more education regarding the pidgin and the term haole. Chiefly, the “soulless” comment. Yes. It means soulless one. But, it actually was first used to describe the Anglo Saxon sailors that did not greet the natives by pressing foreheads together and sharing a breath of life (or soul). It certainly can be derogatory. But, it is not deliberatly created to be insulting. And, pidgin English was an amalgamation of different languages used by workers on the plantations, incorporating English to communicate with the English landowners.

• My Truth says:

Whatever it was years ago, it certainly isn’t the same meaning today, in my opinion. As far as I’m concerned, the word haole today is nothing more than the word “n*gger” in disguise. It’s a shameful term that has been leveled directly at me, and also indirectly when locals use it in such cavalier ways amongst themselves.

Ryan, I certainly respect your viewpoint, and I hope you accept others’ as well.

Kind regards,

My Truth

• Renee says:

I hate when people come on these forums andvtry to explain the historic and phonetic significance of the Hawaiian language and crap. Haole in its current use is meant to not only be insulting and shameful but in its use is specifically meant to isolate the person its intended for as well.

That little group mentality purple kool aid thing.

• My Truth says:

Yup, it’s a racial slur in disguise – but it doesn’t make a difference to me. They’re just stepping all over their own dignity…

Have at it…

11. Nostromo says:

I am of asian (korean/japanese) descent from the mainland. The first time I came to hawaii was spent in waikiki so i did not realize the local culture. This time I do and am disgusted. I first moved to Waipahu and then to Waianae. Believe me, hawaiians are prejudiced against anyone not local after they sense you aren’t. Honestly, I think most hawaiians are stupid except for the few who are educated or want to be. They are contemptibly stupid. I am from a military family who has traveled the world. The only kudos i can give is a bit of the aloha and laid back culture which actually isnt saying much for them as it translates into ignorance, complacency and laziness more often than not. Aka regression. Their culture sucks and so does their disgusting weird, nonsensical palate and food. Wtf is mac salad, spam and rice? I also cant stand the huge filipino community here either that has influenced hawaiians as they tend to be ghetto and just as stupid.
    I dont have sympathy for hawaiians who want it for themselves anymore. Its the gov’t and tourists keeping their economy afloat. They should round up a bunch of hawaiians and send them to the mainland, especially the plethora of useless women here who just breed and let new blood infuse and take their place. It would benefit hawaiians to have a wider view and gain knowledge beyond their small world.
    A stupid hawaiian is a born and bred local who are the uneducated type that refuse to speak proper english but instead use pidgen proudly. It’s the most crass, ugliest, and dumbest noise pollution you will ever hear. Every other accent or dialect sounds better, its that bad. The most annoying and bizarre way they communicate seems to be expecting you to be a mindreader as they wont ever communicate in a complete sentence or clearly. Its immature, rude, lazy and especially obnoxious. But they apparently understand eachother possibly from so much inbreeding, they are essentially in eachother’s heads. This is also quite funny because their thoughts and convos range from the banal to even more painfully banal such as toilet humor. Lofty convos are akin to what is on sale at the local grocer or drugstore this week. After having dealt with ‘local’ hawaiians, I understand how prejudice is aggravated. Oddly, hawaiian women also have the most annoying retarded laugh you just want to b#tch-slap their face. They are a very primitive and excruciatingly simple people. I swear you will think your pets have more brains or more evolved. Geezus.

• Nostromo says:

Granted, there are locals who are not this way. There are locals who are ‘normal’, if you will. But there are far more below average. One of the most immature quirks i have noticed is their tendency to mumble or trail off when speaking. Either you can’t understand wtf they are saying because of low volume as if they are mumbling to themselves or garbling words together. I have had to ask some of them to repeat what they said, sometimes up to three times as if i am hearing impaired because they refuse to enunciate! They CAN if they have to, they are just too lazy! It is also very passive aggressive and even comes across as sneaky and narcissistic. It was the local filipinos who were the worst offenders in this regard. Since they understand eachother, they must be psychic or have the hearing abilities of dogs. Sometimes, the locals will start ranting about something back and forth and nothing is really being said to identify the subject. They just know apparently like an inside joke or speaking in code. Apparently ‘this’ or ‘that’ and ‘the kind’ is good enough to refer to everything in the known universe.

Also, hawaiians have the most moronic and insincere sense of humor i have ever encountered. Apparently, they believe anything that comes out of their mouth is funny and clever and other locals find it magically funny as well. Just say anything and start laughing and other locals will start too. Right? To say hawaiians find anything amusing is an understatement. They have no sense of humor because they have no real concept of it. Lowlife morons.

• My Truth says:

I call that kind of humor, “Hawaiian slapstick.” I mean, Jesus, it’s as if they never saw a Larry, Moe, and Curly show! Frank Delima is the worst. That idiot is their leader…

Nostromo:

Congratulations; you get it. Welcome aboard!

My Truth

12. betty says:

I have to return to this site to vent again. Even after being blissfully back on the mainland..(.aka civilization) for some time was drawn back here after a phone call I received a couple days ago from a local who pretends to be my friend. During our brief conversation she tells me how people on da mainland all sneetch (snitch) on each other for points. The conversation was over a sporting event. Well, needless to say I did not engage the conversation for much longer. When this moron first called I was shocked because of not remembering giving her my phone number and more so because of the strangeness of the dialect. Having not heard pidgin for a gratefully long while was astonished at how truly awful it sounds. The stupidity and sound of it is worse than nails grating a chalk board. Also, made the mistake of giving my email address. This illiterate, rude and obnoxious local sent me a few photos…..one of which a mutual acquaintance (can’t call any friend in the actual sense of the word) was giving a poorly disguised middle finger salute. This idiot was surrounded by a bunch of local yokels eating plate lunches, wearing slippahs on dirty feet, with bottles of Heinekens (the sought after “green bottles”) and all smiling at an inside joke. Probably the one they were playing on haole by giving her the finger. Afterwards I receive another email asking if I got the emails. I have not nor will I respond to it. Of course she knows I received it. Otherwise would have gotten a message that transmission did not go through.

Thinking of changing my phone number and email, but probably do not have to bother. Will just ignore this low IQ individual. Anyhow, it is good to have a place to vent to people who know exactly what I am talking about. I am thankful to be 5,000 miles away from these horrible people with their closed minds and hateful hearts. It is a blessing to not be called a haole nor hear rude comments about da mainland from people who are clueless of what life, people, good education, good food, individualism and different seasons are like.

Merry Christmas to all and thanks for giving me a place to express myself.

Hi Betty!

I can identify with SO MUCH of what you said, most of which is the RELIEF I feel for not being in Hawaii anymore. I agree – do not respond to their hateful email, and instead, I might suggest you filter all her emails so that they go into the trash straightaway.

Dirty feet. Low intellect. Unintelligible speaking. Low-brow idiotic “Loco-kine” humor – ALL of it is beneath people like me and you. THEY know we’re better, so they take their own dignity and step all over it in favor of cheap jokes.

You’re doing it all right, Betty! I don’t think there’s a need to change your number or email – just block the low IQ losers.

MERRY CHRISTMAS BETTY!

MT 🙂

13. ICU8PUC2 says:

I am still just waiting on a final document and I’m outta here…..
    For those of you have departed for the modern world; an article from the local rag ….The 143 comments are interesting….
    This place is circling the drain……could cannibalism be their future?

• Nostromo says:

Well, i have to be honest in that there are dredges of society, lowlives, morons etc everywhere and within every culture and race but hawaiians are generally not a sophisticated breed by any stretch of the imagination. After dealing with hawaiian ghetto people, i realize how blacks in the ghettoes on the mainland are like geniuses in comparison and were less exasperating or certainly less annoying to deal with!! It’s strange i feel more intimidated by local idiots than i did in the worst part of baltimore!!! At least they made sense! Here i never know what crazy, retarded or painfully lame shit they are going to say since they come across as schizo, stepped off the short bus or straight out of the looney bin. Just listening to them makes me feel like my iq is dropping points.

• John says:

It’s all part of their massively delusional importance…. although the people of Hawaii contribute absolutely nothing to the US, they believe their existence is somehow important to people outside their little ghetto? What a damn joke from a bunch of back biting lying low life thieves.

• Nostromo says:

I dont get that they think they are important to anyone outside of hawaii at all. I get that is part of the problem is they dont care at all about learning or appreciating anything outside their very limited culture. They come across way too happy to be dumb. The only culture i could even come close to comparing them to on the mainland for the primitivism and low-browism would be mexicans but the difference being polynesians are kinder or more friendly/accepting. Mexicans are more manipulative and entitled. I dont percieve hawaiians thinking they are more entitled inherently than others but in hawaii and being a local many do. But comparing mexicans to hawaiians, hawaiians are better culturally but marginally as in i would rather have a hawaiian neighbor than a mexican if on the mainland. From what i can tell, the large filipino, micronesian and to a lesser extent the portuguese influx was not the best influence genetically or culturally. Filipinos are one of the largest demographics in hawaii easily blending as native hawaiians but they are one of the trashiest and ghetto cultures like most southeast asian cultures. The only exception i have noticed which is a tad step above is vietnamese and malaysians. They are more industrious and upwardly mobile.

14. My Truth says:

“Kindah hahd, eh?”

There’s a typical low-brow response I got from locals all the time. In other words, YES, it’s hard to get college educated, certified, qualified, and build a resume…but don’t worry, stupid locals, “no need” for you to do all of that.

“Mo’ bettah'” jobs for us “mainlanders.” On average, I’ve had a $90k/year job for the past decade, until I recently left.

How’s Kimo and Honey Girl doing on their Zippy’s wage?

Nostromo, good post!

Hi John! Merry Christmas, my friend!

My Truth

• Obvious... says:

I have posted under various names for years (mainly because I can’t remember them) but you are and always were a beacon of truth. Congrats and keep it up…Don’t leave this board! Merry Christmas!

Hi Obvious,

Thanks for the compliment and I’m glad you come around from time to time. Even after I left Hawaii, I remained engaged and ready to shove some humble pie right back into the fat faces of any idiot local who dares come in here to tell us how great they are, and how terrible this board is…

By the way, we haven’t heard from ANY of the losers who said they’d outlast us. Nope. It’s just us, and they turned their asses around and left with their tails between their legs. It’s fine by me…it just proves our point even more poignantly.

I agree with what you’ve been saying, and I’m also glad you’re around.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Best,

MT

15. Obvious... says:

I have a long history in private schools here and the propaganda that you pay for regarding Hawaiiana this and that from nursery school to high school is just insane. The particular school I had the most dealings with are consumed with the “Hawaiian culture” and other private schools.
    How much history of the same old same old gets regurgitated at ever grade level. A waste of time and money!

Every grade level in public and private and these “enlightened white folks” think they are teaching your child and you something you…nnnnneevvveer ever heard before, with proud smiles and pats on their backs. It is insanely stupid!!!!!!!!!! Chant here do this do that…the white kids look totally stupid. I know white people who changed their names to Hawaiian names. Way to give your child a sense of their genealogical history! Obsessed loons. They driver around with the beat up cars with Obama stickers on them, or Prius’s. SHUT UP LOONS!

I have voiced my strong opinion against the over saturation of this particular practice of jamming the “host culture” down our throats. I tell them always IT DOES NOT MATTER ONE BIT OUTSIDE OF THIS STATE!!! Which is true! Nobody cares! Then they give me the “Aloha” garbage…I say that is just a word..and people all over the world are just good or bad..ALOHA doesn’t me squat! I fought for “Hawaiiana” to be an elective, you would think I was asking for the devil to come and visit the class. These people, WHITE middle aged woman and some men are obsessed as if living here is a gift and you damn well better appreciate all of the Hawaiians because they “let you share their home”. ARE YOU FLUCKING KIDDING ME. I decided not to feed the beast anymore and have a children in a Charter School, good, but not great…the Hawaiian priority for all teachings is alive and well as it was in the private sector. WTF. What a secular and dangerous mindset….I tell my children constantly there is more than this, unfortunately we are stuck for the near foreseeable future. The con is on in the private sector or public. I have never witnessed anything like it, and if you dare whisper the truth, some agree but would never go against the sheep in a public way.

One of my many observations in the fantasy land…….

• xb90 says:

I can sooooo relate to this! The public schools are hell-bent on indoctrination to the Hawaiian “culture” with full-year classes required in elementary and high school. This is such a load of rubbish and I am SO sick of it! The typical teacher for this type of class is some hippy-dippy, middle-aged white woman who gave herself a Hawaiian name and loves nothing more than to denigrate the evil haoles.

It floored me to learn that one of my kids spent a full 2 weeks in class learning to tweak with a silly piece of string and learn some lame Hawaiian version of cats-cradle. What a waste of time! More than half of the kids can’t even write or speak a proper sentence yet somehow this culture stuff becomes a priority.

I have known several good teachers that came over from the mainland and actually started to teach the kids something useful but none of them lasted very long – typically they move back after completing the school year. The local teachers despairingly call these mainlanders “vacation-teachers” as if dealing with the day-to-day challenges here is some sort of leisurely respite. The combination of high cost of living, low pay, and most importantly, challenging kids from families with zero appreciation for the value of an education makes it very difficult to attract and retain good talent.

• My Truth says:

“The typical teacher for this type of class is some hippy-dippy, middle-aged white woman who gave herself a Hawaiian name and loves nothing more than to denigrate the evil haoles.”

HAHAHA, I think you just articulated that point in genius fashion. Have me a good laugh 🙂

MT

16. ICU8PUC2 says:

Emancipation has finally arrived.
    I will depart this Banana Republic January 31…..
    No more mind numbing Hawaiiiana and the shit nasty overpriced garbage food. Low bowed primates will be in the rear view mirror…….

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You join the ranks of those of us who have learned the true meaning of “coming home.” I’m so happy for you, ICU.

Regards,

MT

• obvious says:

Wish I was in the position to leave, I cannot..yet. I am surprised I still have any brain cells left or sanity.

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Thank you.
        12 years is more than enough to endure..
        With the rail heading to town, new high rise condos; and the state being flooded by welfare parasites from the 3rd world; they will just come after tax payers to fund their degenerate agenda….. I will not be a casualty of the socialist Banana Republic.

Obvious,

Set your goal, make a plan, get a laser-like focus, and do what you gotta do. Even if you have to learn a new skill in order to make the money to leave, you could so be out of there in less than, I’d say, two years.

In my case I was gone in a couple months – a monumental task since I moved all my household goods. I had the liquid cash to pay for it, sold a couple cars, etc.

You can do this. You just need to follow the recipe I laid out, and you’ll be able to pull it off. Good luck, I hope something happens soon for you.

MT

ICU,

Make sure you come back to post how you feel after a couple months of leaving Hawaii. For me, I keep getting happier and happier with each passing day.

I’m working and started up my master’s degree again. The people I work worth judge me ONLY on the normal stuff – how I conduct myself, how I respect others, how I perform. None of this, “you weren’t born here,” or “you took this from me” bullshit…just pure happiness.

Life is good 🙂

• Obvious says:

Hi MT, it ain’t the money, it isn’t a lack of skill set..it is more problematic than that, but thanks for your advice. I

U bet

17. ICU8PUC2 says:

I will surely continue to check the site once I’m gone….

I think the only way I survived this place was living in a high rise in town. I was primarily insulated from these primates overall as they cannot afford to live in high rise condos. However, just looking out my windows at the shanty town just a 1/4 mile away is the definition of a Banana Republic….High rises looming over squatters camps filled with welfare tittahs and servants….Mopeds buzzing around like one is in Vietnam and the ever growing stench of human waste emanating from the area around new Kakaako condos has become the norm…The 3rd world infrastructure cannot manage the growing population…..The place all teeters on the brink from the congestion, to increased property taxes, high inflation, little value, poor customer service, HECO asking for 7% increase, to mobs of homeless which are now every where, and meth heads wandering the streets……It has all become a lost cause of feeble minded helpless nobodies every where……I still scratch my head seeing people moving here committing career suicide lest their just the statistics of all the losers, odd balls, drifters, workman comp runaways who end up here and offer nothing to society……1 month to go…..

18. Renee says:

Hi
    So glad I found this forum! I left Hawaii some time ago, but reading these comments has me fuming inside. I worked for a non profit 03-06. Educated, was a teacher previously. My boss thankfully was a Hispanic Texan who liked me, the rest of the team were locals. It was a situation where bachelor level people ( me, in my 20s) were overseen by Masters level people (a bunch of local women, mostly 30s and 40s by their shocking behavior you would hardly guess they had a high school diploma)). The first year of my job was hell, nobody would talk to me, invite me to lunch, train me, when they knew I needed our shared computers to do morning work they would just sit there in the chairs speaking horrific pidgin, not using the computers. When I dared asked if I could use it to do my work it seemed that’s when the trouble started, god forbid. Ugh there is just so much, I don’t even know where to begin. Nobody would communicate with me, then they all went to thowboss saying I wasn’t communicating with them. Then , all the masters levels women started to really turn evil. My boss who liked me and looked out for me ( the Texan, and I believe she knew what was going in racially) went on maternity leave for 3 mos. That’s when all hell broke loose. They knew this was the time to get me fired, and they turned batshit evil. They used this three months to work together to compile a list, mostly lies or exaggerations about me, 2-3 pages long, all signed it and hand delivered it to the Director, the Texans boss . I got sat down at a meeting with 3 people, I had to defend myself on each issue, prove they were lies ( I was pretty successful but it took time) , it was surreal. Here I’d been there nearly 3 years and thus bomb dropped. Needless to say, I never forgot this evil. I was put on probation ( and passed) but quit soon after. Here I was, a firmer teacher, perfect working record, graduate with honors, and this. All I could think of is why?? Well I was given that answer. A military wife, Puerto Rican nuce lady from New York tarted working there, same position as me. We got close right away. The locals alsdalsdo took to her, and didn’t know how close her and I were. The locals got her alone and cracked up about how mean they were to me when I first started, how fun it was, and how hard they tried to get me fired. When my friend, in shock, asked ” why??” They said ” because she’s white”.

• My Truth says:

Exactly. All the poor, victimized local people band together because they can’t stand on their own two feet and attack the evil white people because they WOULDN’T STAND A CHANCE ALONE.

Both sides took our lumps in this cheap third- grade game, but I got plenty of shots in. One of my favorite things to do was to speak in terms that were way over their head, knowing at some point they would look at me with that stupid look and say something like, “I no get ummm…”

To add insult to injury, they had to come to me to write for them because they couldn’t put together a cogent fucking thought.

Welcome to the board Renee, you’re in good company!

Happy New Year to all the good people out there!

Best,

My Truth

19. Renee says:

Sorry all the typos above, I’m on a small nook!

20. Renee says:

Me and the Texan boss were constantly having to quality check their “work”, I even had to write reports for them to sign off on their written English was horrendous!!

They are real brave bullying in a group. I say let’s go toe to toe. One to one. Would love to get each of them in a boxing ring with gloves one at a time for 5 min. Since I’m a foot taller and much stronger they wouldn’t last a second:)

Uneducated wimps.

They can have their self righteous overheated roach infested rat race island.
    I’m very very happy on the mainland where science, modern life, seasons, and real diversity exist!

Happy New Year!

• Obvious says:

Amen Renee, it is comical that most of these Tittah’s got their job because of a relative or who they know..never mind the skill set required to do the job is completely absent. That does not matter. A well qualified, in most cases over qualified person (as the limits in skilled jobs to apply for) gets rejected time and time again. They are threatened, stupid, childish and know how to suck the teat and get the most out of the job in the way of getting more money for doing nothing, at the expensive of others all the time. I don’t get how this is allowed to flourish without repercussions or termination. The only requirement is who you know…and lets talk about what High School you went to. Pathetic. Most everybody is absolutely vicious in that they feel they need to “protect” their turf at all times and at all costs. It is a sickness, and then next thing you know their just graduated from a High School, is sitting at a desk getting a paycheck the next day! The nepotism astounds, and they don’t care. Quality and integrity do not matter!

• Obvious says:

“graduated daughter”. You know…nepotism, then the son is hired next….it is a wonder to watch….

21. mainlandgirl says:

I actually needed to keep things at the lowest common denominator with my local friends when we lived there a long time ago, ie. speak broken english, smoke a lot of pot, dress like a local.. otherwise i might have been bullied like my white classmates (I’m eurasian). I look back and realize I was in a kind of self preservation mode. Never so happy to get back to the east coast when we moved.

• My Truth says:

Battered Woman syndrome is similar to being bullied. Good for you, mainland girl, for getting out of a bad situation – and welcome aboard!

Kind regards,

My Truth

22. ICU8PUC2 says:

10 days left…..It is slowly eroding into Hong Kong…..Ward Warehouse to be demolished for shiny new condos for the international 1%….It all has evolved into continuous gridlock and runaway inflation…….New stores are closing in the Ewa Wing of Ala Moana; new International Marketplace is 1/2 empty with all high end shops and overly expensive restaurants…….In order to really live here one must lower their expectations or just eventually leave…..zero charm left; Waikiki has become useless and masses of Japanese and Chinese clog the place….Nothing Hawaiian about it….it’s all greed…..Once the Shell Bar at the Hilton Hawaiian Village closed; it was curtains…the only thing really left in Waikiki is the Chart House, The Harbor Pub, and the Aloha Lounge at the Wailana Coffee Shop……Kakaako has descended into hipster overpriced and overhyped useless faux glitz….yet, the local media says most of the condos are being bought by locals….thats a sham….ala fake news….the whole island is circling the drain and it’s time to get out while you can…….

• My Truth says:

C’MON, LET’S START THE COUNTDOWN!

That’s great news ICU. Some great new analysis, and what an absolute SHOCKER (really) that they’re closing Ward Warehouse – that area is DONE. I’m glad I left when I did and, as I told a former girlfriend, I have NO regrets about leaving Hawaii (of course, I miss her:)

Great to hear you’re getting ready to boot. Let us know how you feel ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!

Best,

My Truth

• John says:

Lucky fucker! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so envious, Wishing you all the very best, much success ( something you can actually achieve on the mainland) & happiness ! Make sure to drop in once in a while and let us less fortunate know what we are missing..
      More downsizing myself, moving to a less expensive place the end of the month. Secure building, parking less than half the price… no more looking out my sliding glass door to see someone smoking crack or shopping on my patio… hahaha. Hopefully I’ll be one of the mext one off these shite hole rocks…
      Hey there is one advantage I’ve found living here…. when people decide to go back to the mainland, they want to get out as fast as they can, taking only what they absolutely need & love… discarding everything replaceable. Just got a roomba that works great & a bose media center & bass …. to enjoy til I leave & throw it out … ya know locals are to damn cheap to pay a decent price, even a great deal on craigslist.

John,

Glad you’re moving to another place that sounds sane and is less expensive. Hang in there buddy, your time will come!

MT

• John says:

Yeah just waiting it out … only dealing with the nonsense in my face… like the parks director harassing us at the dog park we’ve been maintaining for about two years… they don’t have any integrity, work ethic, civil pride so they don’t want the dog park looking better cared for than the neighbourhood park it’s located in… sad sad state of affairs… while homeless stealing expensive bikes, stripping em painting and reconfiguring them as to not look like stolen bike description then selling em out of a storage unit… homeless guy living in one of the gross bathroom stalls and another camped out by the kids play/ jungle gym… more homeless living in the mangroves along the ala wai… leaving shite all around & people in and out of their camps all day & night … but they have the time to harass us?

• My Truth says:

Yeah, Hawaii is a real shithole and a fucking dump. I’ve been gone now 5 months. Do you know I haven’t spent even a single second regretting my move? Not. One. Single. Second.

• John says:

Thanks MT, so nice to have a link to sanity

U bet, buddy 🙂

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

Yup, you can thank the mainland and internationally owned political system in Oahu for the hipster gentrafication. Yup this is progress folks. No more locally owned unique places or culture. Just the international and mainland hipster ideal of what Hawaii paradise is. Its really sad because you can now go to every mainland city and find what Oahu has been changed too. Whats crazy, is its logic. If hipster was the thing and places like Saks was it or ones ideal of necessity to be happy? Then why not stay in LA or NY or where ever that had these places, that should of made them happy. Its this craziness that drives us nuts. Maybe to bridge communication? Could someone explain how this is sane or even defied progress?

• John says:

Yeah all those wonderful local places selling made in china/japan goods … and so noce when a local business has no restroom but tells you you can use the one down the street at starbucks … gimmie a frickin break !

23. ICU8PUC2 says:

Ward Warehouse set to be demolished and two high end condos called Gateway towers to be built. The parking lot across from the Ward Theatres is now the Anaha condo; very high end and Nobus relocated there…. Diagononal from that on Kamakee where Pier One was is a new condo that is almost completed…..also at Queen and Kamakee where Nordstrom Rack was is a new condo going up…..California Rocking Sushi across from the Ross on Ward will be scrapped for a new condo….where circuit city was a new condo called the Collection is open in an area they are calling SALT…hipster central……on Puikaina on south st where there was a wide open parking lot just mauka from those twin towers; Keahou Place is almost completed….On Queen and Auahi st where they put the TJ Max and Nordstrom Rack is a place called South Shore market….overpriced boutique crap……plus, the stench of the sewers as you drive through Kakaako is ever present to try and handle all the crap flowing into the ocean….it’s like living in Tokyo without subway service…….Population to go from 12K-30K in 10 years…..so they say…the congestion will be off the charts

• My Truth says:

Which is exactly why I’m glad I’m not there anymore…at least partly. Of course, the other part is the idiot locals who thinks everything is “dakine, eh?”

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

Whats funny is all that highend crap and condos are being built for the rich mainlanders and outsiders. When you leave Hawaii guys, can you please take Mayor Kirk Caldwell and every politician like him back with you? Fucking unbelievable, a 10 billion plus concrete elavated heavy rail system 20 miles long on an island not 44 by 30 miles long! For what? Traffic congestion? Stupid crap! Studies show that only 4% of the population will even use it? The truth is, the rail is about future development. They want to build condos and shopping mails at each rail stop. This adding to the population and traffic. A true kama’aina knows that the problem with Oahu is its infrastructure and resources are not able to support 1 million people or more the less 1.2+ million people(projectted population growth in next decade). You see this is all mainland bullshit and thinking. This isnt uneducated, pidgin speaking locals. This is the brilliant thinking we have gotten from outsiders for generations. Got to have progress #$%% me.

• John says:

Maybe you should see that as a premonition… along with all the anti asian propaganda showing up online… we go to war with china / korea government / military will take total control over law enforcement / local & federal government … that’s gonna mean the unions won’t be protecting all the uneduated / unqualified locals hited on the friend & family plan will be out on their asses.

24. ICU8PUC2 says:

I do have to say; I have noticed in the last 2 years the rate of inflation here is out of control….
    Paying 8 -9 bucks for a plate lunch was my max limit; now there is no way I’m paying 11-12….it just has no value….I have seen these price escalations….even happy hour in a decent place devoid of the local garbage has become too expensive as well…..it’s all not worth it anymore….
    I am up earlier and home later and I’m only 8 miles to work…..It’s a stressful and painful mess….

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

Yeah but the wages remain the same and international owned resorts and international owned political system gets rich and sends most of the money off island. Oahu tourism industry has had historical profits the last 5 years and they can barely pay wages the keep up with inflation or create another viable industry. The truth, I don’t support any kind of hate. However you have to feel bad once in awhile for those whose whole life was fishing, farming, community and family. A local lifestyle changed by outsiders greed.

25. ICU8PUC2 says:

John and MT. Just want your takes. I have been here for a decade and have a high demanding position with long hours. I am highly educated….Is it me; or is it almost impossible to forge any meaningful relationships with folks? I have wondered. I firmly believe if I stayed here another 10 years; nothing would change no matter what effort I made. The locals are aloof, indifferent, and stand offish. The East Honolulu crowd are all tied by those lame private school connections. Many who relocate here are oddballs, drifters, runaway types, who are all devoid of substance…is it just me?

Move.

And never regret it.

The truth is, you will never fit in in Hawaii. As one friend put it to me when I was exasperated, “Truth, you don’t get it: They don’t like you because you don’t bring in cake, and then when you do bring in cake, they don’t like you because it’s not Chantilly.”

You cannot win there. You will not believe how much happiness you have once you leave low-brow Hawaii.

Your assessment is correct.

MT

• John says:

As I’ve vented / posted before locals will befriend you long enough to rip you off, stab you in the back, and then talk shite about you in their loud uneducated pidgin about how stupid haoles are … personally I’d be void of any response should they all be put through a chipper with bad gas making it a long and painful end. While they preach about hawaiian ways like queen Liliuokalani quote “always reach for the top of the highest mountain, strive for excellence” what they offer is half arsed sub quality in all they do.

• My Truth says:

You put that excellently, brother John!

🙂

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

But despite that, the US is the richest country in the world and we have the highest homeless populations for a first world country, we dump our elderly into homes and forget about them. We have the highest amount of citizens in prisons in the entire world even china. We have more kids go hungry then any other first world country. We have more addicts then anyone else and I mean I could go on forever. But this lump wants to talk about half measures, half assed quality and uneducation? Hmmmm interesting. Again its not his complaining or even bad mouthing others that gets problems. Its the arrogance and ecceptionism attitudes.

Different Values/ Same half assed quality and half measures just in different ways.

• John says:

Yeah odd, maybe it’d help if asian countries hosted as many refugees, & allowed the immigration the USA does, we wouldn’t have the higest numbers ?

26. ICU8PUC2 says:

Totally agree. I never wanted to conform to Polynesian Paralysis nor Equatorial Economics. I have come to realize that there are so few people of substance here that I could never fit in…an intellectual wasteland of people who are asleep at the wheel of life……I think intelligent people cannot fit in here unless they are from here……but, I’ve asked myself; do I even want to fit in here where people walk around dressed like it’s a boat lift from the Dominican Republic.

No, you don’t.

Don’t fall for that tired old yarn that somehow, Hawaii is that much better than everyone else. “Lucky you live Hawaii,” my ass. Let me be more blunt:

How dare they say that the “Spirit of aloha” is the thing to get – that only Hawaiian love is valid. They can go fuck themselves and all go to hell. I have my family, my friends, my culture, my history, and it isn’t one bit less valid than theirs. When I was there, I used to say, “I’m not local, and I don’t want to be.”

Period.

27. ICU8PUC2 says:

Well put and I have always thought that myself….

28. ICU8PUC2 says:

As I begin my departure; I have taken some days off to take care of business and I am amazed at how many people are not at work……not just retirees….I firmly believe that more than 1/2 the state doesn’t work…..

• My Truth says:

I just can’t tell you how happy I am as a result of moving. I got happier as my time there ended, and I’ve just gotten happier with every single day.

Life is so good 🙂

29. ICU8PUC2 says:

Well MT; you nailed it as usual… Bottom line is that if you are not from here you can never fit in….It’s still very perplexing after a decade here as I approach the final countdown…..I guess we will never figure it out totally…….. I firmly believe that if one returned here in say 15 years; little would have changed except for more highrises &congestion.
    Can someone explain to me why this place always ranks so high in quality of life? I think those surveys are a scam……………

30. ProudTrueAmerican says:

I just realised something. You guys are white nationalists. Hearing you guys talk. Hey you guys understand that manifest destiny was the 19th century right? You do realise god didn’t make White America and its culture his “chosen people” right? Grantted I get that you guys have great technology and luxuries but you really fail in the humanity department. Heres what I think ok. I think since most of you all are from the mainland. You are not used to not having your “white privilege”. So your butts are sore because you were not treated like the special snowflakes you are used to being on the mainland. Now before you blow the top of your heads off and kindly explain that not all of you are white. Let me say that being white is a way of thinking and a mindset.

Hi,

Just curious; how many years did you spend in Hawaii?

Regards

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

20+ years. Go read my other posts I just posted on your page here to understand better what I am saying.

• John says:

And ignorance comes in all shades.
      Hey guys native & locals have done so well in supporting & defending it / themselves, lets put them in charge of running the whole country like a third world asian shite hole? Yeah and lets elect the parks slum lord michele nekota, to be in charge keeping the grounds of the white house… what a fucking joke

• My Truth says:

I have read your other posts. You’re in the wrong forum. The “kumbaya” for locals is two doors down on your left…

Hey My Truth,
        Gotta love how everything here is mainland / international peoples fault while the only reason they can wipe there asses with toilet paper, drink sodas/beers or even function in their jobs not to mention post on this site is thanks to whitey’s inventions

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

Forgive me if my above comment was kinda rude. I just got into an argument with my wife before I postted. So I was in a bad mood already which clouded my outlook. You know John just because someone lives on Hawaii or was born there doesn’t mean they know anything about Hawaii. I know plenty of people who live on Hawaii but have their heads in the sand. Me and a few friends just had to get on a transplant who was posting on a traveling forum telling others that food in Hawaii was the same price as the mainland and telling others that because he lived there that made him an expert. However, this is a guy who thinks making Oahu look like hong kong is the solution and didn’t understand why it was custom to take shoes off when entering another persons home. This guy live in Oahu for 20 years! So let that be a testament that you can be on island and learn nothing.

Anyway locals haven’t been in control of Honolulu politics in along time John. Guys like Kirk Caldwell are like the luaus you see today.

• John says:

No they may not be in control but they are rude, hateful, have no work ethic, integrity or civil pride & choose not only allow but continue to support those responsible for fucking them over …

• My Truth says:

OK, so you’re human. I get it.

Just realize there are people on this blog who really do know what they’re talking about, and I would encourage you to read back a few pages to really understand what this thing is about.

You most likely didn’t end up here for the live of Hawaii. You must likely Googled “Hawaii Sucks.” That says something.

You could learn A LOT about locals and Hawaii by reading back a few pages. Every single one who has come here acting stupid has gotten their ass handed to them – and they deserved it.

• John says:

As far as the “local custom” of removing one’s shoes before entering someone’s home… after talking to a professional carpet cleaner here who informed me dirty feet with the natural oils a body produce, are much dirtier than most shoes … and nothing personal buy having someone rubbing their dirty “slipper” feet on my carpet, no thanks… (at my home in seatte I kept a box of new ikea house shoes people could write their names on em if they came over often or take em when they left )in the mud room and in the entry …

• My Truth says:

Oh hey John, nice to have you around tonight 😉 Preaching truth, as usual…

MT

31. ProudTrueAmerican says:

John says:
    January 22, 2017 at 12:36 pm
    Hey My Truth,

Its funny that you say that. The KKK meeting is in two weeks not today. The truth today is I wouldn’t be able to post on here if our corporations couldn’t get chips from japan,germany or cheap labor from third world countries or my tax breaks. Thats nothing to be proud of. In fact we haven’t manafactured anything really since WW2 except prisons, corporate and poor welfare and crippling debt. Its kinda funny really, most of the inventions that we have claimed to have invented, we only just perfected them. The ideals were others. Much like mainland culture. Look I believe everyone should be proud of their people but to be delusional is a different story. Dont make me go into our humanity issues? Scary

• My Truth says:

OK, you’re just being an asshole now, so you can go fuck off and be twice as miserable since you pissed off your wife, too.

If you would pull your head out of your ass and READ A FEW PAGES BACK, you’d understand, but since you’re making twice as much of an ass out of yourself and slinging names, I don’t think there’s much hope for you. Last time…

YOU’RE IN THE WRONG FUCKING FORUM

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

How am I making an ass out of myself? Your complaining about how Hawaii is and im agreeing and complaining too? Correct? However I will take your suggestion and read prior pages. However, common sense says “what do you call a person who promotes white superiority and manifest destiny despite being a minority and is more then equally represented? A white nationalist. Sorry didn’t mean to offend you.

• John says:

Laughable … you can’t offend someone who doesn’t give a fuck about you or your opinions… and as far as the KKK comments, at least they take action unlike the winny locals and their constant oh poor me, whitey owes me and my family for our entire lives (even though we all know they’re asian mutts with no native blood)… for taking our aina … if

• My Truth says:

No you’re not. You’re coming in here because you’re all butt-hurt after your argued with your wife, and you’re double talking by agreeing in one breath and crying your bleeding heart out for locals on the other.

WHEW!

Quiet in here…

• John says:

Yeah ahem… sure ….. good luck with that … google ( oh sorry china probably came up with that too?) who invented what .. you have a real nice night

• John says:

In all you wisdom & brilliance please educate us all on what hawaii / locals / asians / natives have brought to the table / invented to make & enrich, making America a better country? i’ll be waiting as I ‘m certain your list will be extensive?

• My Truth says:

You’ll be waiting awhile John. Might want to consider going to bed early. Jesus fucking Christ, this guy wins the Snivelling Award tonight…

• John says:

Hey MT, did you realize native hawaiians brought cattle to hawaii via canoe, & invented hamburgers Yeah apparently they had local burger joints before we came and stole it and brought in fast food like mac donalds destroying local businesses?

32. ProudTrueAmerican says:

@My Truth

I actually was searching for “I miss old hawaii of the past” and your website came up on the second page. I startted on this page and here I am.

• My Truth says:

OK, so what do you think that tells you?

For one, it doesn’t exist.
      Two, you sitting in the corner with your pablum and blankie isn’t helping.
      Three, if you’re trying to have a civil conversation, calling posters kkk ain’t gonna get you very far. Not to mention that’s not even a little bit true.

All that make sense?

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

Really? How so? You do understand what manifest destiny is? You do understand what the doctrine of colonialism is and its mindset? If you knew, you would take offense to what you guys are saying. The real question is, how does manifest destiny, colonialism and imperialism fit into the ideal of American liberty, freedom, democracy or even diversity? Are you truely americans? For example, our forefathers of our country were running away from religious persecution and a aristocratic society. Do you think they wanted to replace that with a different religious persecution, a plutocracy or even cultural assimulation? A fact that in Hawai’i whites are the minority. Despite that our official language is english, our main religions are christianity and catholicism, we adopted westen way of banking. The major broadcasting and tv is english and western shows. We even celebrate traditional english holidays. In fact even today Oahu looks just like any mainland city. Mcdonalds has replaced local hamburger joints etc.

33. ProudTrueAmerican says:

However despite being over represented, you want others (the majority) to quit speaking pidgin, adapt your way of thinking and your way of doing things? However you get offended if someone calls you haole or white nationalist. How egotistic you are. Even the majority population doesn’t demand that. Oahu doesn’t look like tokyo or manila? Are official language isnt Japanese or tagalog Look if im wrong about you guys then I will apologise? However there are reasons why the speed limit is 55 instead of 65 or higher and if you dont know Hawai’i then you come off badly. If you want to complain about that corruption or bad stuff then cool.

34. ProudTrueAmerican says:

@John

Hey I work at the state department, if you would like? I would be more then happy to try and help you get a german citizenship so you can be with the Aryan Nation and keep away from us lessers?

Your post

Hey at least I don’t cry and sue because a people want just one school or institution for themselves. Or goto the police because some local called me “Haole” or gave me stinkeye. You don’t see me starting blogs because people don’t treat or believe your whiteness is exceptional. Now are you done? Do you think we can talk about whats wrong about Hawai’i without the racism?

• John says:

Oh let me bend over backwards to bow down and apologise to you I keep forgetting locals/asians aren’t racist and they don’t discriminate… it’s only whites who can do that. Fuck off.

• ProudTrueAmerican says:

Never said that ok, sure you have racists in all walks of life. Im also not saying that all locals are victims or that you don’t have any legitimate complants. However as spiritual beings having the human experience on this blue planet, we are very limited in our perceptions of truth and reality. I appreciate those who are able to live in many different countries and experience many different cultures because its changes peoples perceptions. Again this is not intended as an insult ok and im a proud american. But living on the mainland for too long can handicap someone. On the mainland we really only have one main culture and one official language and really two major political thought processes. Sure we have many races and many different people, however diversity is not cultural sameness but cultural plurism.

If you want an example of what im saying about cultural sameness look at the fireworks ban on Oahu. Its a generational tradition, three nights a year. Do you think this is cultural plurism? The ban?

35. ProudTrueAmerican says:

John says:
    January 22, 2017 at 12:54 pm

John sometimes its like our last presidentual election. Who do you vote for? The lesser of the two evils, right? Heres a hard truth John. True salt of the earth Hawaii locals are anti-growth. Ever heard the saying “keep country, country?” Every community has battled against big box stores or big development in their communities. Even the Kakaako residents protested against the recent redevelopments. Guess what? Money and owned politicians do whatever they want to do. Do you think locals don’t vote because they are lazy? They have learned that big money and investors own our political system and majority voice no matter if you have money and can sue to overturn majority rules. Why do you think Hawaii really only has one political party?

36. ProudTrueAmerican says:

@John

Look at the HART issue. For decades locals have voted it down with their elected officials votes in council meetings. So those who are pro-growth and outsider influence knew they couldnt get it passed by city council meetings votes or community forums. So after many loses they decided “Hell lets get it on the ballet so the public can vote on it” I guess the many no votes didn’t reflect what people felt about it? So after spending millions of dollars on Pro HART advertisements and lying about its effectiveness they put it to vote. Here is what is evil. Did you know that every year about 50% of all the new homes and condos in Oahu honolulu areas are bought by mainland and international investors? So really Honolulu is really made up of alot of transplants. Guess who HART really benefits? Honolulu. The vote passed by 2% I believe. Everyone outside of Honolulu majorly voted against it. Interesting how things work huh. I didn’t come on here to be bigshot ok. I wantted to share a view most dont know.