Hawaii sucks

I’ve been avoiding this topic since I started this blog but I’m finally breaking down to gripe. And I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flames in the comments about this or any future posts I may have on the subject.

I hate Hawaii. I’ve lived here for over 2 1/2 years and I can’t wait to leave. Sure, the weather is nice but it really does get old after a while; I really miss having all four seasons. But apart from that, I can’t really find a lot of redeeming qualities about Hawaii.

Most of the people I’ve met in the past who enjoy Hawaii only came for a week or two to visit. If you never get out of the tourist areas, I’m sure it’s quite nice. Waikiki is clean (at least where the tourists go) and the beaches are nice over there. But once you leave the tourist areas, Honolulu is more like a ghetto. Many of the buildings are decrepit, there’s trash and graffiti all over, there’s a lot of homeless people, etc. Behind the facade of paradise is the gutter of real Hawaii.

The local government could care less about doing its job and corruption is rampant across the islands. Last year, 48 million gallons of raw sewage were dumped into the Ala Wai Canal (the demarcation between Waikiki and Honolulu proper). This canal goes straight into the beach area of Waikiki. In the 2+ years I’ve been here, there’s probably been more than eight sewage spills around Oahu, most of them into the canal.

The city waited three days or so before they posted signs after one of the spills and only did it after public outcry. The reason is because they didn’t want to scare the tourists. However, after the big Ala Wai spill, one man died from acquiring a flesh-eating bacteria infection after falling into the contaminated water. The city claims there was no connection between the infection and the release of sewage.

The latest problem is between go! airlines and Hawaiian. Hawaiian is trying to sue to have go! shutdown due to predatory pricing. go! currently charges ~$20 for a one-way trip to a neighbor island. Hawaiian feels it has to charge the same but, since Hawaiian has a larger infrastructure due to also supplying intercontinental flights, they simply can’t afford to compete locally. They also claim that go! used Hawaiian’s financial information illegally after gaining access to it during Hawaiian’s bankruptcy filings. So rather than competing on service or other things that may justify a higher price, Hawaiian is following the route of the music companies and trying to use the courts to prop up an outdated business model, or so it appears. Hawaiian has admitted that they will raise prices immediately to “market level” if go! is shut down.

There is a distinct racial bias against white people and, to an similar extent, black people too. But if you look “local”, you’re okay. I have friend who is Hispanic and was treated like a local when he went to a bar, even having people buy him drinks. But his white friends were given the cold shoulder, or at least not treated nearly as well. And Zeus forbid if you’re military.

The term “haolie” is used to distinguish white people from all others here. According to a dictionary I looked at, haolie means “foreigner”. But it’s definitely not used for all non-locals, only the white ones. And I’ve talked to several native Hawaiians who have stated that it actually means “soulless one”, implying that white people have no soul.

Speaking of language, since when is pidgin English considered a bona-fide language? It’s considered an unofficial language of Hawaii; they have dictionaries, books, and even classes on how to speak it. To me, I just think the speaker is a completely illiterate imbecile when I hear it. Seriously, it makes a person sound like a complete moron when he can’t speak in complete sentences. It’s worse than hearing people who have English as a second language; at least you know they’re trying to learn English.

I have a lot more to complain about but I’ll save it for later. But I know that I’m not alone in my distaste for Hawaii. Nearly every single military person I’ve met hates it here and can’t wait for orders out of here. As a matter of fact, there was one guy who cut his shore duty short and went back to sea because he couldn’t stand it.

Update: Since everyone seems to love commenting about this article (probably because of the title), I thought I’d make sure readers realize that there are other, related articles to this. Apparently relying on people to look at the sidebar for similar stories isn’t enough.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4,232 Responses to Hawaii sucks

1. My Truth says:

By the way, Hawaii is number TWO on the list of MOST CONSUMER DEBT IN THE COUNTRY, HERE:

😉

• veronica says:

Thank you for the article, but we just came back from Hawaii on Friday and we were not impressed. We live in Sydney Australia and for some silly reason we thought going to Hawaii would relax us. Our vision was that we would be sitting by the beach drinking Pina Coladas and just chilling.
      Unfortunately now I realised that as an Australian there is not much point going to see world beaches to relax in Sydney alone there are 71 and no offence they are much better quality beaches than Waikiki. For one we don’t have most of the major Hotel chains stealing the Ocean front direct to the beach. In general our sand a lot finer, softer and more golden than any beach I saw in Oahu. The actual sand area is also very small so it feels like you’re going straight into the water. Unless of course you are staying in a 5 star hotel and you get privileged area.
      The toilets in the beach are nice and clean but they don’t have lot’s of showers and change rooms like they do in Australia. Makes it a lot harder to get changed.
      There is actually a lot fake grass around Waikiki and near the beach which is terrible as it gets hot, it’s itchy and because there’s concrete underneath it is not ideal for laying down.
      Also, we were very upset to see so many homeless people. They never show you this in travel brochures. Couldn’t believe someone I sleeping on a park bench while someone is sleeping in a 5 star hotel a couple of meters down the street.
      Overall we found the food on offer terrible. Not much variety at all. Burgers, Japanese, steak houses or maybe Thai and touch of Mexican but that was it. The streets are pretty, clean and organised but there are so many apartment buildings I couldn’t relax. Made me unsettled. Felt a bit congested. The shopping is great but not something I would like to do everyday anyway. I think the whole place is just geared for Asian tourist, old wealthy retired people or hippy surfers in the other beaches. But overall very disappointing. I relax more in Sydney. Maybe I’ll try a cold place next time.

• My Truth says:

I’m with you Veronica, you may have misunderstood my meaning in posting that article. Welcome to Hawaii Sucks, where most people who post here will tell you exactly just how bad it actually is in Hawaii…and for people like myself and John, Betty, ICU, and Renee, we’ve got all the stories for you, if you’d like. Since we’ve lived there at one time or another, we’re pretty much the experts on just how shitty Hawaii is. Take care 😉

My Truth

My Truth so true!
        Veronica Hawaii is really low end and gutter butt. You hardly scratched the surface. I’m sorry you wasted your money!

😉

• My Truth says:

To paraphrase, that number two in consumer debt thing means people who live in Hawaii have the most debt – and not much else. 🙂

2. john says:

Amen to that ! So Happy for you and yours… I just paid off two more cards, and have a couple grand put away towards my return to sanity down to less than 2k in card debt … (mostly due to fucked up corrupt federally funded state offices …. and their incompetent staff…) counting the months till my ass is outta this outhouse …. (although honestly I would like to stay and watch locals lose everything trump takes us to war…. ) … I feel after the time I’ve spend I deserve the last laugh.

John,

It’s people like you who DO get the last laugh – and you DO deserve it! I am so happy to hear how close you are to leaving. I just can’t express enough to you, my good friend, how much happier and more fulfilled I am – and it’s only been a year!!!

Hang in there, we’re brothers-at-arms, linked together with the bond of brotherhood, patriotism, and the cause for common-fucking-sense!!!

It’s great to hear from you so soon after posting.

Best,

Truth

3. ICU8PUC2 says:

MT,
    Have you noticed the uptick in violent crime in Waikiki and overall increase in crime Island wide? Coupled with the Police Chief’s corruption case and the rail scam, the place is spiraling….we got out at the right time. Rising fees, taxes, congestion off the charts, and overall low quality of every day living. Total scam when the place ranks at the top of quality of life…..

ICU,

I have not kept up at all with what’s going on in Hawaii, or as I screamed at the top of my lungs toward a local lady who was defending her idiot family member, “You get NONE of what I have to offer. Done. Zero.”

But it doesn’t surprise me!

4. ICU8PUC2 says:

I do check the HNL Daily rag periodically

• Renee says:

Hawaii might be paradise if the victim mentality low class trash local Asian mix hillbillies would LEAVE. What the island needs is the European work ethic and morals that dominates civilized countries.

5. My Truth says:

Hi Guys!

I just wanted to share the latest local shitbag stepping all over his own dick (sorry, girls…)

What a fucking SHITBAG moron piece-of-shit local. Yeah, that’s it! Ruin your car, and someone else’s because you’re MAD, and can’t control your HOT-HEAD, GRADE-SCHOOL-LEVEL temper. You “get one big-body?” Take that shitbag body of yours down to the HPD cellblock where it BELONGS…

AGAIN, NO REGRETS LEAVING THAT ONE-HORSE SHITHOLE!

Bye guys 😉

MT 🙂

6. ICU8PUC2 says:

Civil unrest in ‘Republicana de Banana”. Many function at the boiling point living on that congested mess filled with 3rd World Vermin who fester on the brink of despair and homelessness. This is just a snapshot of what lies below most locals psyche who live in a culture of violence, teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, and poverty. Oahu is at the boiling point with rising crime and rising homelessness. This will become more common….

• Renee Casillas says:

Hawaii was very nice 20 years ago. I really liked it, minus the shitbag locals . I did love the educated international students . once I stepped outside my lovely educated Mania ugh….even 20 years ago. Now Oahu looks like a poverty stricken war torn country. Yuck. The worst is the locals have such a victim mentality…. They WANT prejudice. Well the way they act they got it. I stick to educated internationals and lovely visitors when in Hawaii. I can hardly stand to be around that horrid pidgin and slapstick humor for a second! Mexico is a nicer place to visit. Not so many Asian mix scumbags. I do like the REAL Hawaiians in Waianae, it seems the Asian mutt mixes are all insecure they are not Hawaiian enough. Yuck.

• john says:

asian & portuguese mutt gangster wannabes, local asians who don’t speak english giving you stink eye and walking way around you with a disgusted look on their face… while they themselves look worn, grungy, diseased, so many drugged out freaks, obscene amounts of homeless, the smell of filth and human urine and excrement… doesn’t matter if there is a trash can on every corner of streets or every 150 feet in the parks trash is thrown on the ground instead….. the ghetto / slum mentality in Oahu now signifies hawaii…

• My Truth says:

Even MY DAD, who is 78 YEARS OLD has said that Hawaii has changed in the last 30 years. Of course, he was agreeing with me while I was spouting off exactly what you were Renee, ICU, and John…

7. Renee Casillas says:

Anybody else here really ENJOY watching President Trumps trip to Asia??? He nearly skipped that stench land mine of Hawaii ( too poor for his taste) then went to Japan, the nation that bombed Hawaii (and slaughtered China and nearly every other Asian nation but that’s another matter) Anyway the uneducated locals of Hawaii nearly worship everything Japanese, which is retarded. I watched again and again our president DUMP the Koi fish food in the Japanese pond irreverently in that island dwarf nation!!!! I’m sure the Hawaii locals would have spit out their spam. How I love our president, BOSS. He bows to nobody, not even the island dwarf Emperor👍👍👍

8. Renee Casillas says:

Also I heard President Trump met with Ige and Caldwell– can’t stand wither one of them. For Hawaii’s sake I hope Ige was told just to shut up and let Caldwell do the talking. Have you ever heard this governor talk? He sounds as inarticulate and illiterate as fk. Can hardly stumple through a sentence. Trump wouldn’t respect Hawaii for shits after talking to him and would pull out funding. Gross. I’m glad our High class MILITARY greeted Trump and all the homeless cleared for his route to the RITZ CARLTON and back to the airport and out of that shithole!!

• My Truth says:

Classic comments about Ige.

Do you have video links of all this stuff you’re talking about? You guys had a fucking PARTY while I was sleeping in hahaha

9. ICU8PUC2 says:

Renee is bringing it!!! Ironic that the state swept out all the homeless camp from the H-1 / Dillingham area just a week before his arrival. Hawaii is nothing more than a Aircraft Carrier for US Military interests in the Pacific and is becoming more irrelevant as Guam and forces in Japan and Korea are being built up. Most locals do not know the atrocities the Japanese committed in the early and mid 20th Century….

• Renee Casillas says:

They don’t know because they are uneducated and barefoot and choose to stay stuck in the past and complain about everything modern and mainland…while being addicted to those EBT cards, TANF and Social security benefits , HUD and Section 8, WiFi, …..I could go on and on. Ignorant asswipes….yea they showed Trump the cleaned up route to the Ritz! Wish he could see that Hawaii is pretty much Puerto Rico and deserves the same treatment and funding.

• john says:

They don’t know the atrocities, because in hawaii, many local juniors in college have never read a book… never mind they can’t speak anything but pidgin.

10. ICU8PUC2 says:

An intellectual wasteland of lost inbred mutants who cannot function in a world moving forward. I think he knows the People’s Republic of Hawaii is just another Puerto Rico…. They think they are just so special giving out Lei’s and eating dog food……The disparity of income is rising and crime is increasing as well….. more hold-ups, robberies, murder, etc….. circling the drain….

• Renee Casillas says:

Haha Trump ripped off that stinky lei before getting into his Limo👍👍👍 He sure as fk ain’t eating their dog food, I’m sure the meal he had at the Ritz was REAL meat and potatoes, fine dining. Real silverwear , no chopsticks for him I’m sure he used a fork and knife👍👍 locals were pised about the rwmoival of the lei LOL. Not everybody loves Hawaii!!!!!

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Your takes are spot on. As I told “My Truth”; my old boss at Ft. Shafter offered me more money to return, but I told him I needed more to put up with Polynesian Paralysis and to purchase another compound to wall myself away from the grungy, disheveled, beaten looking locals….. The way you paint the place is exactly what most see after living there for some time…..Classic!!!!

• Renee Casillas says:

Good choice!!! No way in hell would I want to work with lazy locals. You end up doingbyour work and THEIR work because simply put, they are not only lazy but incapable. Out of jealousy they will then try to get you fired and or take credit four your work. Been there done that. From this me to time I get nostoligic for HI but only when I think of my international school days gong to school with educated internationalks and mainland visitors. Want nothing to do with Hawaii outside that box!!!

• john says:

I recently was assaulted at punchbowl & beretania, just left surgery still a fucked up on anesthesia… straddling my road bike, big stupid tweeked out portuguese gay starts yelling at me as he’s coming up the street, tries to kick me in the face, starts grabbing at my stuff, glasses phone when I took it out to call the cops… yelling MINE in my face.. told the cops it aint gonna happen again going to start carrying and strap my climbing ax to my bike … Cops tell me if you hurt the person assaulting/robbing you (i.e. a local) you will be charged and jailed for criminal assault… they advised I buy some pepper spray… I said I hope you remember to tell your wife and kids to buy some too then.. war is just around the corner, and karma is going to suck for hawaii’s locals.

• Renee Casillas says:

Another reason I won’t move back: I can’t open carry my gun. Sorry this happened to you. Uneducated thug wannabes.

• John says:

Yep yep on the home stretch just paid off two more cards working to get the last of it paid off and another couple grand to move with and I’ll be on my way back to reality

• My Truth says:

John, I’m sorry…what did you have fixed in surgery? Did they get that ignorant FUCK???

• john says:

MT you know better… although the glorified metermaids/security guards showed up in a couple minutes… they didn’t even bother looking .. they got a call, while standing there about a disturbance in the hospital cafeteria .. the one says to the other “probably the same guy from yesterday, no use going …” then they gave me the lecture on how defending myself /property would be considered a criminal assault … I guess when your job is getting dressed up to look important and driving back & forth around town making sure no one actually gets arrested for crime (unless of course you’re white) they are perpetuating their job security … bunch of worthless ass wipes… living in hawaii really does make you see the good in genocide…

• My Truth says:

Sorry to hear John… keep plugging away at those cards…

11. Renee Casillas says:

Sorry all the typos I’m on a tiny kindle!!! Lol

• john says:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA Really Renee, we’ve all lived in hawaii … we can read just about any spelling of any word … you know da kind ?

12. Renee Casillas says:

John
    Even if you did have pepper spray or mace, even if you DID defend yourself, the corrupt HPD gonna be on the little retarded island dwarfs side.Better to just move back to AMERICA and leave Puerto Rico the 2nd….hot shithole wasteland with a bunch of hostile illiterate fucktards

13. My Truth says:

Hi Folks,

Wanted to share one of Hawaii’s finest with you…Enjoy.

Fucking shitbag.

MT

• john says:

big island hilotucky… actually a talented artist…his shop was always busy… total freak show to look at… used to see him on the street in passing alot when I lived there … then again “downtown” hilo is a bit of a circus in itself

• john says:

even bigger freak show in town is the kealoha’s … they completely epitomise the spirit of hawaii in both their actions and words, you’d think all the “locals” preaching “aloha & forgiveness” would step up and reach deep to pay their legal fees

• My Truth says:

Guy’s a fucking disgusting pig. But he wants people to think that, I’m sure…

• john says:

M.T. …. now you’re just being hateful insulting swine hahahahahahahahaha personally I can’t imagine being so fucked up you could ever think looking down and seeing that hanging off your dick, was even remoting a good thing…

• john says:

Column
        Neal Milner: This ‘Power Couple’ Is Not So Cool
        They’re the center of attention, sure, but the ex-police chief and his deputy prosecutor wife probably aren’t enjoying their celebrity status.
        By Neal Milner / About 19 hours ago

The Kealohas are a power couple. Awesome!

The more the ex-HPD chief and his wife make news for their felony indictments, the more they get described as a power couple. Civil Beat did it just the other day.

Maybe the Kealohas’ power couple claim is, as Civil Beat politely put it, “self-professed.”

Well, whoever professes it, it’s true. Louis and Katherine are a true power couple. In this age of celebrity, that is the best, bro.

Retired HPD Chief Louis Kealoha and wife Katherline Kealoha exit US District Court.
        Retired HPD Chief Louis Kealoha and his wife, deputy prosecutor Katherine Kealoha, exit U.S. District Court after their arrests in a corruption case. They soon attracted a crowd — one more sign that they’re a power couple.
        Cory Lum/Civil Beat
        No way, you say? How shallow you are.

Like most ordinary people, you think that power couples are hip and cool — owners of start-ups, salons, shoppes or edgy hamster cage-sized restaurants that no one can ever get into. They produce “creative content” and kale sorbet.

Twitter followers the size of Shanghai, and plenty of face time everywhere that shows faces.

Matching skinny jeans for all occasions. And plenty hair gel.

But most of all dead bang beautiful. The web site GrindTV describes one of its “six hottest surfing power couples in Hawaii” as “so photogenic that it makes your eyes bleed.”

Well, you probably didn’t emit much optic blood when you looked at the pictures of the Kealohas post-arrest.

With his dad jeans and man bun and her Mama Cass braid, Louis and Katherine looked less like Kanye and Kim and more like people at a reunion of boomers who had chickened out of going to Woodstock.

But does that show that the Kealohas do not make the power couple list?

Heck no! It shows just how shallow and unfair our culture vultures are.

Keep in mind what your mother told you, often when prom was coming and you had no date: Beauty is only skin deep. You can’t tell a book by its cover.

So we need to go deeper, to, like, the Inner Kealoha.

And that’s exactly what the Urban Dictionary does. And according to that dictionary, the Kealohas don’t just make it to the power couple class. They are in gifted and talented.

The Urban Dictionary describes power coupledom as “sparks (of) light in the world that people recognize that goes beyond a normal relationship.”

A power couple is not merely two supercool individuals. It’s a team, a relationship between two people who are equally cool. They are as individually awesome and fun to be around as they are when they are together. Neither one depends on the other for their feelings of self worth — they know in their heart that they are just as valuable to the world as the other.

And, as the dictionary tells us, power couples are a team, and there is no I in team. “If one person is flawed, the other person makes up for their weaknesses in strength.”

For the Kealohas, so far so good.

Louis and Katherine are equally cool.

They may not be awesome the way a barista means awesome when you order a pumpkin spice latte. Our ex-chief may not inspire the same awe, quaking and saluting that Tom Selleck as NYPD Commissioner Reagan gets when he walks into a precinct house in “Blue Bloods.”

But it’s pretty awesome in both the coffee server and cop sense that Chief Kealoha had his own Super Secret Squad to help with the Kealoha Team’s family problems.

And they certainly worked as a team in power couple ways. Each of them has more than enough of a sense of self-worth to go around. Yet they were there for one another.

When Katherine felt flawed and diminished in her dispute with the relatives, Louis allegedly stepped in to give her law enforcement support.

When Louis felt that his cars and home were not commensurate with his rank and made him feel diminished, Katherine allegedly stepped in to find new sources of revenue that were innovative even for experienced house flippers.

Summing it all up, the Urban Dictionary says this about power couples:

“Together they are the epitome of what anyone would desire in a relationship. They encourage goodness in the world and make it a better place by being together.”

Enough said.

Okay. Maybe not quite enough.

Maybe the Kealohas are just power couple wannabes. The $26K they spent on his police chief inaugural party may not be enough to get them into that club.

And, well, even if they are found innocent, it is sort of bending over backwards to consider them a model duo that encourage goodness and making the world a better place.

Shining that kind of light on the Kealohas is going to be their defense attorneys’ job, and those lawyers are going to earn their money.

So all those things considered, how’s this for a name?

“Louis and Katherine Kealoha — the Power of Attorney Couple.”

“Power couple”… InHawaii LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

• Renee Casillas says:

Who said Hawaii hasn’t made any contributions???!😂

14. john says:

Wishing everyone a safe and happy thanksgiving ….

15. ICU8PUC2 says:

Happy Thanksgiving to all !!!
    An Update: Ft Shafter contiues to contact me as they and my old boss would “love” to have me return…
    Consider; Rising Property taxes. Higher Vehicle registration costs, out of control real estate costs to maintain the same life style I had before where I walled myself off from the degenerate locals. The brood of simean faces adorned in sloppy t-shirts and flip flops. An angry hoard of malcontents with no past and no future. Runaway inflation with run-down third world infrastructure and the looming rail system coming to the urban core; where congestion will be beyond tolerable; and the fixed yearly costs will be passed on to the people who actually work on Oahu. Half the state is on welfare, senior citizens, and deranged meth heads everywhere….The ambitious leave and the low property taxes perpetuate the shitty schools and keep the hordes illiterate and down on the plantation with the disreality that life on Oahu is normal. Oahu, no peace, no escape, no variety and a plantation xenophobic mindset designed to never accept you no matter what…This includes the local educated Japanese who have their own form of discrimination based on neighborhoods as well…That Iolani crowd and their nepotistic ways and mindset never go west of downtown……My question is; with about 5-7 years to retire from the federal system; what rate of pay would you consider to endure life back on that welfare island? I await your responses…..

• john says:

once my ass is out of this shite hole there will never be enough love or money to get me to return…. well maybe, if I am allowed to randomly exterminate the parasitic locals and get paid to do it… I’d consider it…. haahhaahahhhahaha

16. ICU8PUC2 says:

Well said John. I need to recollect what life was like there before so the $$$ doesn’t cloud my brain. Will it be deja vu driving down Ala Moana Blvd home saying to myself; ” What the fuck am I doing back here” or I really need to get out of here; again….. The views and imaginary prospects of things will be good as I drive past palm trees and the park need to be viewed with reality…..I was able to wall myself off from the locals for sanity before which wasn’t necessarily healthy

• john says:

The views and imaginary prospects of things will be good as I drive past palm trees and the park need to be viewed with reality” the reality to that is the view will include hordes of homeless… … I was on my way back from the dog park the other night and saw what sums up the mentality locals … it’s dark around 8:00 pm as I am stopped at a light waiting to cross beretania onto a one way street downtown where I currently live. in front of me is a guy on a road(race) bicycle decked out in light coloured biking clothes, he has very bright head and tail lights and reflectors… after the light turns he quickly crosses beretania, about half a block ahead I see him swerve, as I get closer I see a local on a beat up piece of shite bike, wearing all dark clothes, apparently no breaks ’cause he has his foot against the back tire… as he runs into a parked car and then sides half the length of the car pressed against it with the bike… he jumps off, throws the bike down against the car.. pulls off his shirt, and is cursing the white guy for making him crash trying to get him to come back and fight him…. I almost pissed myself laughing as I yell get the fuck out of the road ass wipe… you’re riding a bike that is not road legal, the wrong way down a one way street… needless to say he turned his anger towards me hahhhahhaha like I wouldn’t run over his waste of flesh ass…
      Do you really think any amount of money will insulate from the inbred mentally challenged locals?

17. ICU8PUC2 says:

Updates:
    Ryans Grill at Ward Warehouse closing.
    Rumors closing….
    Hawaii leads nation in per capita homeless

• Renee Casillas says:

And I’m sure the locals are still ignorant and Asian as fuck, but still think they da best and true line Hawaiians…lol

• My Truth says:

Years ago, there was some talk that Rumours was closing…and we all were shaken. I spent 15 good years there with a lot of friends – they used to cal me “the mayor” because I knew everyone and we had such a good time…

I left Hawaii a year ago, and now my watering hole is no more. Rumours was the one bright spot I had when I was in Hawaii, and I’m sad to see it go… but the timing is perfect. I had my share of good times while I was there – and I have a lot to be thankful for.

Farewell Rumours, I’ll miss you.

18. john says:

Honolulu:
    Honolulu Police Officer’s Road Rage Results In Lawsuit Against City
    The complaint states the incident resulted from a pattern of the HPD not addressing excessive use of force by officers.

By Nick Grube / December 6, 2017

A truck driver who was dragged from his vehicle and pummeled by an off-duty Honolulu police officer on the shoulder of Farrington Highway in December 2015 has filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court against the city.

Jonard Escalante hired Honolulu attorney Eric Seitz to represent him in the lawsuit, which says that Keoki Duarte, who has since been discharged from the Honolulu Police Department, punched, kicked and choked Escalante on the side of the road after a minor car accident.

The suit states Duarte has a history of violence and suffered from “emotional distress and/or anger management problems related to his employment with the Honolulu Police Department.”

19. My Truth says:

John,

Please contact me at:

hawaiilocalssuck@gmail.com

Thanks; no rush.

MT

PS: Anyone else WHO I’M FRIENDS WITH on this blog may contact me at that email address as well. If the address doesn’t go through, I’ll adjust it so it does. Locals who try to troll me will be unceremoniously rejected and schooled.

20. John Cavaquinho says:

I’m not sure about now, but when I lived in Hawaii during the 1970s it was kind of dangerous to go to school. Most of the troublemakers were from the hodge-podge of degenerate half-breeds consisting of natives, Filipinos, Latins, and low-grade whites who were usually military veterans who settled in the islands after World War II. Sometimes the local boys would throw bags of pee or live cockroaches at you. I was not mistreated that much because being mixed race myself I could pass for a darker-skinned native. This situation was accepted by the Japanese-American school administrators, maybe they were too afraid of Uncle Nappy’s syndicate to do anything about it. Pure blooded Hawaiians were nice people, very noble and generous. The worst delinquents were from a woefully mongrelized underclass that smelled of model airplane glue and Krylon paint.

• Renee Casillas says:

Yea I’m a light skin Mexican/Irish mutt lol. In Hawaii the biggest most insecure assholes by far were tiny Asian or Asian Mixes. I’d say Japs were the worst and especially cliquish. REAL pure Hawaiians from Waianae never seemed to have a racist, asshole or mean bone in their body. It was the insecure Asian or ” local” Asian mixes who’s parents or grandparents or who the fuk cares came over on a boat that were the most insecure. I think its because they know they aren’t Hawaiian and want yo be. At 5`7 I would love to go back wear my high shoes and watch that insecure sneaky shifty eye of insecurity go on…love it👍👍👍👍👍

21. ICU8PUC2 says:

One of the best lines EVER!!!! “The worst delinquents were from a woefully mongrelized underclass that smelled of model airplane glue and Krylon paint.”

Welcome aboard John C

22. john says:

HEY… Happy New Year, hope everyone had a great holiday season, Now time to get ready for valentines day…. hahahhahahah

23. AMAZED! says:

HAWAII is loaded with SNOBS. As if their living here, they are somehow better than you…you know living here! I was in WHOLE FOODS MAUI (a horrid place I might add, used to be good but the mediocrity mindset OF EXCELLENCE in their minds took over!…normal HAWAII). Place is a dump, imo. Anyhow. Waiting for a person behind the meat counter to wait on me and another customer. Their 93 percent fat ground meat has looked recently like 80/20.(how to challenge?) This woman and I got talking and she started talking about how bad the meat has been recently and I agreed with her!!!! Sadly I go there for certain items. While this convo was going on waiting for an employee to notice us. She interjected into the conversation I LIVE HERE…well what the hell does that mean? I am buying meat to bring back to the ship you can see in the Kahului harbor to grill? Or a condo on the Southside. All the while I have kids with me I just picked up from school! What the hell does I LIVE HERE have to do with anything? So do I!!!!!!! SMH……….it was just weird! I could say more..but I won’t. AMAZING BS….

• Renee Casillas says:

They get away with that crap because most tourists have never worked. With them to know what ignorant fucktards they are so their guard isn’t up. Locals take advantage that most people buy they are on Aloha territory and aren’t ready for shit from them. As a 5’8 Latina I’d have said and your point is???? Your still short and ugly AF. You can thank me for that EBT card your using.

BTW where did everybody go???????

• John says:

Hey Renee, still around dealing with the day to day local heinousness, getting a close ip & personal view of the racial profiling, and obscene waste of taxpayers hard earned cash, here in uptown homolulu….

• AMAZED! says:

Hi Renee this was a SNOBBY WHITE LADY, locals stay away from Whole Foods like the plague. Her look to me was one of smelling broccoli! It was amazing. They all live in Wailea or the north shore and certain pockets upcountry. I know many of them, and laugh. But this obvious snobbery was over the top. Guess my outfit yesterday was not up to par! The nerve! LOL

• Renee Casillas says:

As i teach my kindergartner people and children can be bullies and assfuks. No matter their color, always be ready with a comeback comment. People in Hawaii are a special kind of assfuck.

• John says:

Hahahaha hey Renee you nailed that … and to the snoby white “lady” (a term we have to offer GREAT flexability with ih hawaii), you either have no concept of what is considered “locals” or perhaps you are blind? Having shopped at whole foods myself on many occasions, I still have had to deal with stupid locals, and their entitled self important, ill behaved brats, EVERYTIME I’ve been to Whole paycheck….funny how “locals” hate whitie, but covet whities status symbols… I’m in process of having t-shirts screened that say “If your children aren’t as well behaved as my dog in public, you’re a shitty parent”

Amazed,

Hi and welcome. That snobby white lady could have been local. Just sayin’. FYI, most posts on this board are a reflection of what goes on between locals and non-locals.

Again, welcome,

My Truth

John

HAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHA

24. Renee Casillas says:

*** meant to say never worked WITH them*****

Hi Renee,

We’re here, wasting for the next fucktard 🙂

MT

• Renee says:

MT! Isn’t there a trip you went on ? I’ve been wondering how that went for you👍

Renee,

It was a great trip! Met with John for coffee and shared stories about our respective pets 🙂 I had a great time reconnecting with wonderful locales – such as the Arizona Memorial, Punchbowl, and some of my favorite eateries. On the whole, it was fantastic. But I did buy an L&L mini plate – the only plate lunch I had, except for one other one at Zippy’s – and I could only eat about 1/4 of what they gave me. And they wonder why there’s so much obesity!

I’m glad I went; it was a triumphant return where I got to silently affirm my relocation, and to basically treat locals with contempt.

Happy to hear from you!