Hawaii sucks

I’ve been avoiding this topic since I started this blog but I’m finally breaking down to gripe. And I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flames in the comments about this or any future posts I may have on the subject.

I hate Hawaii. I’ve lived here for over 2 1/2 years and I can’t wait to leave. Sure, the weather is nice but it really does get old after a while; I really miss having all four seasons. But apart from that, I can’t really find a lot of redeeming qualities about Hawaii.

Most of the people I’ve met in the past who enjoy Hawaii only came for a week or two to visit. If you never get out of the tourist areas, I’m sure it’s quite nice. Waikiki is clean (at least where the tourists go) and the beaches are nice over there. But once you leave the tourist areas, Honolulu is more like a ghetto. Many of the buildings are decrepit, there’s trash and graffiti all over, there’s a lot of homeless people, etc. Behind the facade of paradise is the gutter of real Hawaii.

The local government could care less about doing its job and corruption is rampant across the islands. Last year, 48 million gallons of raw sewage were dumped into the Ala Wai Canal (the demarcation between Waikiki and Honolulu proper). This canal goes straight into the beach area of Waikiki. In the 2+ years I’ve been here, there’s probably been more than eight sewage spills around Oahu, most of them into the canal.

The city waited three days or so before they posted signs after one of the spills and only did it after public outcry. The reason is because they didn’t want to scare the tourists. However, after the big Ala Wai spill, one man died from acquiring a flesh-eating bacteria infection after falling into the contaminated water. The city claims there was no connection between the infection and the release of sewage.

The latest problem is between go! airlines and Hawaiian. Hawaiian is trying to sue to have go! shutdown due to predatory pricing. go! currently charges ~$20 for a one-way trip to a neighbor island. Hawaiian feels it has to charge the same but, since Hawaiian has a larger infrastructure due to also supplying intercontinental flights, they simply can’t afford to compete locally. They also claim that go! used Hawaiian’s financial information illegally after gaining access to it during Hawaiian’s bankruptcy filings. So rather than competing on service or other things that may justify a higher price, Hawaiian is following the route of the music companies and trying to use the courts to prop up an outdated business model, or so it appears. Hawaiian has admitted that they will raise prices immediately to “market level” if go! is shut down.

There is a distinct racial bias against white people and, to an similar extent, black people too. But if you look “local”, you’re okay. I have friend who is Hispanic and was treated like a local when he went to a bar, even having people buy him drinks. But his white friends were given the cold shoulder, or at least not treated nearly as well. And Zeus forbid if you’re military.

The term “haolie” is used to distinguish white people from all others here. According to a dictionary I looked at, haolie means “foreigner”. But it’s definitely not used for all non-locals, only the white ones. And I’ve talked to several native Hawaiians who have stated that it actually means “soulless one”, implying that white people have no soul.

Speaking of language, since when is pidgin English considered a bona-fide language? It’s considered an unofficial language of Hawaii; they have dictionaries, books, and even classes on how to speak it. To me, I just think the speaker is a completely illiterate imbecile when I hear it. Seriously, it makes a person sound like a complete moron when he can’t speak in complete sentences. It’s worse than hearing people who have English as a second language; at least you know they’re trying to learn English.

I have a lot more to complain about but I’ll save it for later. But I know that I’m not alone in my distaste for Hawaii. Nearly every single military person I’ve met hates it here and can’t wait for orders out of here. As a matter of fact, there was one guy who cut his shore duty short and went back to sea because he couldn’t stand it.

Update: Since everyone seems to love commenting about this article (probably because of the title), I thought I’d make sure readers realize that there are other, related articles to this. Apparently relying on people to look at the sidebar for similar stories isn’t enough.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3,871 Responses to Hawaii sucks

1. coastalcasa says:

He has a a job starts at 10am, ends at 4pm. He’s a spoiled brat who had well-off parents
    who gave him $$ to buy a house free and clear, thus the entitled attitude. He’s all Asian and
    relates well with the local culture (he was raised in Seattle, so he is a transplant).
    Can you tell I’m having a bad day with the hubby? He just yelled at me to “to do the dishes
    coz dat’s my job “. And he’s about to go surf…. Hmmm.
    he may call a fuckin Haole soon. I’ll let y’all know when that happens…

2. coastalcasa says:

he may call me a fuckin Haole soon. I’ll let y’all know when that happens…

3. xb90 says:

Another shit-bag locked up:
    Typical local “gangsta” profile:
    – no permanent address
    – jailhouse neck tattoo
    – all kinds of bad attitude (follow link for police report and photo)

They don’t give much detail on this one – most likely bad blood between a couple of local turds but there has also been several assaults/robberies perpetrated on innocent folk. Hilo is no fucking place to be out-and-about late at night with fuckers like this on the loose.

4. My Truth says:

ICU?

Can we have a happiness update please?

:):):)

5. ICU8PUC2 says:

To all: I have now been back on the US Mainland for two weeks. It is amazing to go about town and people actually say hello, acknowledge you, say excuse me in the aisle as they pass through unlike the degenerate Hawaii locals. The ease of going from place to place with paved roads and no soul crushing continual daily gridlock. I am happy to be back in the USA.
    MT- Ward warehouse to be demolished this August to make way for two luxury high rises. The locals are being priced out as the Hawaiian Diaspora will continue.
    — It is so good to be back with out the infantile Hawaiian pride and people actually welcome you to their community. Done with all Hawaii all the time. I guess when you live on Alcatraz and once you leave after a decade; it’s quite easy to see the poor quality of everyday living in Honolulu and Oahu. A dilapidated Gulag Archipelago that will never progress. No weird interactions will people here; normalcy, courteous overall; and just plain normal. The pretense of Paradise is a sham.

• John says:

Hey so glad to hear you are doing well & enjoying life… the way it is supposed to be !

• My Truth says:

ICU,

So glad to hear you’re getting on well. After being in my new location for almost 6 months, I do realize life still has its curves, ups, and downs. People at work are still petty and vindictive. But it’s for different reasons. These reasons, I can fight. It’s impossible to fight the “he’s not from there” argument…it’s stupid and superficial.

But I am so glad to not have to deal with shitbag locals…the roads I drive on are clear; parking isn’t a problem. My home life is happy and out in the open, not cramped and trying to figure out how I can maximize the little space I have.

It’s great to hear from you! Check in again sometime soon!

Best,

MT

6. ICU8PUC2 says:

Thanks MT—— It feels like a rebirth….Not having to plan your life around soul crushing continual gridlock. Sleep in later and get home earlier….. Hawaii maintains it’s grip on their hordes of low educated union Neanderthals who are held down purposely by a low quality education system and playing the victim card on the descendants of sugar pickers on their urban plantation caste system. Their minds are subverted to believe that they are living in a state of paradise, all the while their futures are stunted and marginal. Not sure how they get the rating of best quality of life yearly in that rating scheme. Perhaps they talk only to tourists or retirees in Hawaii Kai who live there maybe 6 months of out the year…….It is truly the Appalachia of the Pacific controlled by Equatorial 3rd world economics via corrupt and congenitally compromised local politicians…..

7. Amanie Canine says:

Hate is a strong word. It would be good for the world to know more about the animal cruelty considered normal part of “respect the culture” here – melting Asian pot of boat hunters (with dogs poor dogs) and cock fighting prevalent and visible. Corruption and nepotism rampant. Need more environmentally socially aware helpers. Mismanagement of the angular resources and invasive species spread and poisons . Major issues in “paradise “

• John says:

When dealing with people of low decree, with no sense of honesty, integrity, the American standard of fairness & quality, who believe and practice lying, cheating, stealing, as a daily way of life, who’s degradation of America’s civil pride, & standards of life… hate is not a strong enough word

8. ICU8PUC2 says:

I am one month removed from the Gulag Archipelago—- It is a culture of corruption, crony capitalism, and rampant inbred nepotism…. The Hawaiian Diaspora will accelerate as they are only catering to the international 1% from Asia—– ALOHA HARD!
    ( From The Star Advertiser)
    City budget plan raises fees, taxes
    Posted on March 2, 2017 12:05 am
    The $2.45 billion operating budget Mayor Kirk Caldwell plans to unveil today proposes a new trash pickup fee and increases to bus fares and Residential A property taxes for next fiscal year that officials say are needed to fund hikes in nondiscretionary spending — including debt service, employee retirement and collective bargaining.

• John says:

So in other words, they want more money, to pay corrupt incompetent pepople to continue not doing the jobs theyvare being paid to do, as well as, the lazy, subpar, contractors to continue proving thrid ( if even) rate work that will have to be redone as soon as it’s “completed”?

• My Truth says:

ICU:

Good for you; you’ve made it…i can hear the dancing from here!

Best,

MT

9. BaffledByItAlll says:

The teat suckers on all islands is the majority of useless County employees and their offspring! The majority of people living on islands regard this disgusting welfare display as nothing to be concerned about, morons. It is a huge problem. Kimo and Pua get their automatic jobs of moving a stapler from one side of the desk to another cause their Big Titta Mama got them their jobs out of high school, damn the employment office who disagreed with her!!!! The whole islands economy is predicated on tourist dollars and the tax dollars of citizens to pay for the biggest welfare state going and primary employer of the island the Counties and State..and the roll gets bigger and bigger..along with the welfare mama roll. This state is disgusting, truly stupid and disgusting. I am here because I MUST BE HERE!

10. BaffledByItAlll says:

It is amazing this state is choked with fees and they find more fees and we get gouged to death. I swear it is a nepotism scam!!!

Uncle Kimo in a County job fresh out of high school with zero skills, he got from his “Moms” or “Pops”. Kimo after slacking off for years and getting a taxpayer check now thinks he wants more $$$$$, Kiimo takes the bs test that tell the county that Kimo can now make intelligent decisions, hire fine people and is now in charge of the bureaucratic nonsense…Kimo wanting his relatives to suck the teat of the taxpayer as Kimo has done, doing nothing…has found a way to have his “cousins” invention, work for the state”, and of course the Democratic morons, without of wit of common sense or fiduciary responsible, award the contract of nepotism to Kimo’s cousin. The newest a couple of years ago with the latest taxpayer ripoff of some new gizmo having PHOTOGRAPHIC proof of a “safety infraction” from one year to the next!!! Who the hell are these idiots kidding with all sorts of insanity on the roads violators will never be held accountable for, as their cousin Kanoi is not cited or arrest him!

Somebody mentioned getting rid of it all together..yes!!!!! As if there are violations..what Cop is going to pull someone over? As stated earlier the mainland does a huge check on private sales with cars over 10 years old. To think of a new car having this and that out and having to take the time and payment a year later is stupid. But this is the lib state, take from the working and give to the lazy..this is another example. The guys doing this bs hate it…as far as my conversation over the years go.

But this sucking teat state giving it up…they would cut off their right arm..defying logic against stupidity! It is infuriating!

11. ICU8PUC2 says:

Welcome Baffled…..You nailed it and welcome to the site….I was there for 10 years and luckily was able to leave….Your frustrations are standard by anyone with a brain who can see how truly dysfunctional and corrupt that group of welfare islands are. Oahu is just an aircraft carrier and now also caters to the international 1%. It is Soddom and Gmorrah…..

• BaffledByItAll says:

Thanks, have commented on here for years….I like to mix up my name, maybe I should not! Oh the frustration! Had a whopper of one today with the DMV, something out of the ordinary, easily to see what happened, and we did NOTHING WRONG! The bureaucratic non thinking culture were so unwilling to work with the obvious, it was like a man saying he had a cure for cancer and they said, don’t want it! THE HEELS WERE DUG IN!!! COMMON SENSE HAS NO PLACE AT ALL, and it was all COMMON SENSE!!!!!! These people getting teat sucking jobs right out of high school because a Titta they know got it for them, makes you insane confronting the stoned faced dumbness with the repetitive answer, no matter how illogical/false their rinse and repeat answer is! And they tell you say the same thing with a blankness on their face , over and over like good dummies, they do not care! No logic, no thinking, no working with you. My head was going to explode!!!!!!!!!!! They don’t get it, even on the simplest of things…but they also more importantly DON’T CARE. I would be embarrassed if I was one of them, they wear their stupidity as a badge of honor!

• My Truth says:

Yeah, I’ve been here for years, too 🙂 It’s a good place to get even with shitbag locals who don’t know their ass from a fucking hole in the ground – or English enough to get a decent job. One word: Zippy’s. I’d say handing a shitbag local their ass is just about my favorite thing to do – also local apologists, whiners, and tough guys who think they’re tough because they speak pidgin. We haven’t had a shitbag here in months!

Best,

My Truth

12. The thing is, I really find the history of Hawaii fascinating. I love Hawaiian art, the Hawaiian language, the Hawaiian religion…I just think it’s so intriguing. I love it so much!

It’s just sad to see how the locals treat others and cannot let go of the past. I just want to say, most of the people calling you a “haole” are not even Hawaiian. Most are Filipino/Japanese/White/Malaysian/Japanese mix-breeds with a tad of Hawaiian in there. Most pureblood Native Hawaiians died from disease brought over by the missionaries and settlers. The actual Native Hawaiian population is very small and quiet.

It’s been a mixed bag for me. I have met some lovely people (including my half-Hawaiian husband) and some assholes as well. I believe Hawaii can/will get better over time, but right now it’s between a rock and a hard place. I can see why my Polynesian pagan husband left. Lol.

13. ICU8PUC2 says:

Update: My PTSD from living in Honolulu is fading away. It is nice being back in America without dealing with the racially corrupt weirdness of Hawaii’s denizens of the urban plantation. I can actually live my life without having to deal with soul crushing gridlock. The oppression is over and it’s great to be out of Soddom and Gmorrah… No more stupid pride crap, more more defend Hawaii crap , etc. Is anyone following that 15 billion dollar rail boondoggle?

14. Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na, No Natives says:

I’m FREEE! Fuck me, that was an shitty 7 years. I lived in Kaneohe & Aiea. Thankfully my wife had family there, so it made it a little more tolerable. That, and hot girls who don’t wear a lot of clothes. That’s it.
    The stuff about “native pride” used to crack me up. No one is native when the fucking rocks popped up out of the ocean. Everyone got there by boat. Getting there before everyone else didn’t make you native, it made you first. Sorry Kamehameha High, there’s no such thing as “Hawaiian blood.”
    Nobody can fucking drive. Between the large Asian and elderly population, it might be the worst I’ve ever seen. Goddammit get out of the left fucking lane if you’re holding up traffic, and learn to fucking merge!
    The DMV. What a cluster-fuck-of-epic-proportions. Go to DMV. Go to safety check at gas station. Go back to DMV. Go back to gas station. Holy fuck that gave me a headache just typing it. Give me a Friday afternoon and a 12 pack and I could write a process that would look like a NASA EM Drive paper compared to what they currently have. But the problem is, and this is the Hawaiian people in a nutshell, they don’t want a better method because they despise progress.
    Little known fact. Conceal carry is allowed by law if you have a license. Licenses are issued by the chief. You want to know how many applications get approved? Zero. There is one civilian on Oahu who has a CCL, and he’s the head of the armory, who’s relative is, guess who? The Chief.
    The whole place just stinks of crooked cronyism and racism. I dread having to go back to see relatives.

15. Renee says:

I hate the Haole thing in Hawaii, but since I’ve been on the mainland 6 years I can’t adapt and have become increasingly isolated and depressed. I miss Hawaii and can’t believe I’m making plans to go back. Anybody else????

• My Truth says:

Stop. You’re using a location to try and change your psychological situation. Go see a doctor to handle your depression and isolation. You’re barking up the wrong tree, and may make it worse, by returning to a place that will – most likely – make you MORE isolated and MORE depressed.

Good luck.

My Truth

16. Renee says:

Thanks for the reality check. Do you not ever feel like you miss the weather , the good people there?? (Ok of my friends were fellow transplants!). I’m just at the end of winter here maybe the sun coming will help.

17. Hello,I read your new stuff named “Hawaii sucks | Common Sense 2.0” regularly.Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you’re doing! And you can look our website about تحميل اغانى.

18. Perry Widhalm says:

Lived on the Big Island for 7 years. My wife and I could not wait to leave that shit hole. Locals are the most racist, inbred, illiterate beings on the planet. Ever notice how the long-time Mainlanders try to justify all the locals racism and nonsense? It’s disgusting. Moving back to the Mainland was the best thing we’ve ever done. Cheers!

• My Truth says:

Perry, you nailed it. Those types of people are the typical sell-outs who can’t find enough of their own culture to be proud about (which makes them idiots,) so they glom onto the “local Hawaiian way” and think they’re some kind of fucking genius. I know a guy who moved here when he was young, and boy, did he ever sell out – he’s pathetic, and he knows he’s pathetic, and he knows I know he’s pathetic. Loser.
      Great post, Percy!

My Truth

19. ICU8PUC2 says:

Welcome Perry. It is a war of attrition in the Welfare Isles. Those with high capacity figure out quickly that living there long term will never happen as long as outsiders are subjected to the vermin that inhabit those islands. It would be a great place if we could get rid of all the locals….
    Congrats on your exodus…I broke free after 10 years….

20. I left a comment here about a month ago about what I like about Hawaii and the culture…now to post why I’m glad I left that state about a year ago.

What’s funny is I didn’t realize how backwards Hawaii was until I was out of there.

I’m married to a lovely, caring, hospitable half-Polynesian husband. Our three girls are a quarter Hawaiian and they were still called “haole” in school (my girls have pretty light skin but Asiatic eyes–it’s kinda obvious they’ve got Pacific Islander blood in them). Anyways, my eldest daughter was the one who had it the worst. She came home one day with scratches on her chin, bruises on her arms, and a black eye. She was in tears and told me a group of boys harassed her, called her “haole trash” and beat her up. I promptly reported it to the principal and the designee faculty of the district…but they didn’t do anything about it. We ended up homeschooling her (and my second daughter as well after we saw a news report of a teacher of hers being arrested for a methamphetamine lab he held in a shed) until we moved away.

We were living in Waikiki at the time. It’s beautiful in the late summertime when the tourists come as that’s when the horrid locals tended to scoot away and fly off to Las Vegas. Other than that, it’s undesirable. It was an everyday occurrence to have a local come up and call you a “stinkin’ haole” or something more infelicitous…they’d even do it when my girls were with me. It got so bad that I ended up having either my husband to go grocery shopping after work or him having to take long lunch breaks and stay home with my girls while I went out, myself. It was TERRIBLE.

The only thing I miss is the warm weather and the beaches…and even then it’s only a couple hour drive for me to head to an uncrowded beach. I’m back in Portland now, and my daughters are already doing a LOT better. My eldest is a viola player and is the class valedictorian. She no longer has to worry about being called a word that is equivalent to being called a “nigger”, and in a year will be studying Physics at University of Oregon. I and my husband are so happy for her, and we’re also HELLA glad we’re out of the nepotistic Hawaii. My daughter would have never had this chance if we had stuck there.

Also, about Hawaii being one of the dumbest states in the US? I believe it. The school systems there were TERRIBLE. The Hawaiian history classes were always taught by these snooty white hippie women who called white people “oppressive”. They also taught the exact same curriculum every single year.

Ugh. I didn’t mean for this to come out like a rant. I’m just glad to be out of there.

I swear to gods I’m not the best storyteller, but if anybody asked me to tell story about my experiences in Hawaii or the locals I could sit down with you and tell tales about it all day.

• My Truth says:

Your life will continue to get better and better. I left and am in the process of selling a property I had there – so I can buy CASH in Nevada. I’m happier. I’m healthier. My life is moving forward. Hawaiian locals mean nothing to be – they got what they wanted when I left after 27 years, and now they can have it. Good for you! You’re free!

My Truth

• Yikes says:

Oh boy, we should definitely exchange stories about this horrid place; I hate hearing people say BS like Oh this is a PARADISE. Sure guys. Sure. For the rich maybe, everyone else is just living in the gutter. Good for your daughter though!! Wish my parents shipped me off too but of course money is always a problem isn’t it.

• My Truth says:

Welcome aboard, Yikes 🙂

• Ah, I sure wouldn’t mind doing so. I need to get some of these horrible experiences off my chest, so I apologize if I come off sounding like a bitch.

I have a LONG story about a job I took in Honolulu after I had my third daughter, but it’s too time consuming to write. I’ll save it for later.

Here’s a story from 2007…a year after we moved there:

I was in the early stages of pregnancy with my third daughter. During that time I was heading back to school part-time studying for my Information Technology degree as I wasn’t happy with the certificate I decided to strive for a while back.

Anyways, because my old degree was pretty worthless on the island, I decided to take a part-time job at a local yet pretty large grocery store to get in the niche of meeting new people and settling back into work.

I apply for the job as a clerk and get it…and after a few months I’m already regretting the decision. The store was extremely nepotistic, with most of the individuals working there being locals who could only speak a broken amalgamation of English known as Hawaiian Pidgin. It made them sound not only immature, but unintelligent.

Speaking of which, these people could not form rational or cogent conversations or dialogue. I, myself have social anxiety…but this wasn’t that. This was just inane, mean-spirited babble about their drunk boyfriends/girlfriends, how life treated them so unfairly, or how they had not won anything at the local casinos. These people had NO intuition. They lacked finesse and the ability to even be a free-thinking human being. They were all a sordid, mean bunch. (FUN FACT: This is where I was first called “haole”…and it was by an employee I worked with. Quality work ethics, there)!

Anyways, I’m working there for a few months…and my stomach was getting pretty big. I was nearing the end of my second term and was starting to feel pretty uncomfortable. My third girl was heavier than average, so standing up was a chore on its own. Still, I said to myself I would persist with the job until I was in the middle of the third term.

One day while I’m in the back of the store in the breakroom, having to listen to the insipid, infantile babble of the local Pidgin employee talk, I get this awful feeling in my stomach. I had no bouts of morning sickness, so this was something new. In an instant, I feel my stomach stir and I’m gagging, uncontrollably. I realize I’m going to throw up. I fall on my hands and knees on the floor, still gagging, and tell somebody to get me a garbage can. I’m starting to sweat and my skin was turning red.

Nobody got me a garbage can. The six of them just stood there and watched me with glazed looks in their eyes. I yell for it again, but by then I was already puking up my breakfast and lunch all over the floor. This goes on for what felt like 5 minutes before I managed to stand up. I’m sweating my ass off, and I feel worse than I did before I threw up.

They had been standing there the whole time…watching me. None offered to help me or get someone else to do so. A couple of the women even looked at ME like I had done a wrong deed. No matter…they all look at me with these stupid stunned expressions before an employee walks out of the room saying “Dat ees disgusting. Dee manager eez not going ta like dis.”

Luckily, the nice manager was working that day, and expressed sympathy before telling me to go home and rest up. The asshole employee who told him about what happened reported me for overtime, but the manager was a lot smarter than most of the people working a the store (he was actually a Polynesian guy, which is pretty funny considering most of the locals who do the name calling and act like idiots are not so).

I ended up quitting a week later when I came back and rumors spread I had vomited in the breakroom. Apparently, the employees thought it was hilarious that a heavily pregnant woman puked on the floor and struggled to get back up because nobody retrieved a garbage can and nobody helped her off the floor. They were all a juvenile bunch.

In fact, most of the locals are VERY juvenile. I at first believed it was just the workplace I was in…but nope. It’s pretty common in Hawaii. Imagine if you lived in a state where the redneck, uneducated trash were the most expressive majority. That’s the crap I had to deal with.

Holy crap this story was longer than I thought. I just have to get this shit off my chest.

• My Truth says:

Oh my; you can write…welcome aboard Erin, I was right there with you in that break room… wish I had been there to assist.

You’re in good company here. We all know about the infantile, low-brow locals in Hawaii. I look forward to your next story…

Regards,

My Truth

21. Renee says:

My daughter had a teacher last year who said she was from hawaii. My eyes got big and my mouth almost dropped because she was so articulate, professional. No trace of pidgin. I said oh, your parents were from HI, you were born here? She said no, I moved here 15 years ago. I asked her if she missed Hi, she strongly said NO, she only went back for her fathers funeral. Curious, I and what she didn’t like? Her own words: too many local hillbillies. I tried to hide my knowing smirk🙌

22. Yikes says:

You’re definitely not alone. This place is absolute shit; try living here for 20+ years. So fuckin sick and tired of this shit place but thanks to the outrageous prices and wages, I can’t even afford to get the hell out of here. I’m not even a haole, yet I still hate this place. People here are idiots (Definitely get what you mean about the “language”) and if you’re an Asian girl, tourist or local, the weirdo local guys are ALWAYS being total creeps, trying to pick you up. Don’t even get me started on the Hawaiian/Samoan women! Yikes!!! All self entitled rude people with loads of awful jewelry and fat arm rolls. People don’t have any manners here; forget covering your mouth when you sneeze, no one does it here. Forget saying please and thank you. At least you have the chance to get off of this shit rock; as a college student working 2 jobs, it’s hard enough for me to afford a simple 1 room apartment/tuition, much less a flight ticket out of this hellhole!

Oh and don’t bother dressing up here!! Business suits, classy dresses, pant suits and the like are really nonexistent here. All the people wear here are ratty t-shirts, khakis, aloha shirts, and cheap ugly dresses. If you do dress up (I’m talking about a simple black dress, past knee length, no cleavage; simple but stylish dress), be prepared for stares, esp from the weird meth/weed users here who just want to get their hands in your pants.

• Yikes says:

• Yikes says:

• Yikes says:

Hell how did I forget!! Those self entitled Hawaiians and other locals, relying on the state (which relies on the working citizens…) for FREE FOODSTAMPS these fat lazy POS people are doing nothing but loitering around places harassing people who don’t look local are just surviving off of everyone else!!! Have you seen any of these people with an actual job? Hardly! They just eat their free food, have parties in parks (they litter like mad while they’re at it and blast their music so no one can sleep at 12AM), and complain. BS.

23. Renee says:

Hey guys: wouldn’t it be terrible if N Korea nuked Hawaii

24. ICU8PUC2 says:

Hawaii is doomed to be a third world toilet (only rich foreigners and intentionally homeless/freeloaders) – that great disparity of wealth is one of the indicators of third world conditions. But it makes sense because politicians can get rich off kickbacks from millionaires and developers catering to them. And they can return kickbacks to unions, developers, and so-called “non-profits” by using the homeless/freeloaders as an excuse. But the middle class is useless to them. Just look at how money is being spent right now — millions to beautify Ala Moana Park for the rich Kakaako foreigners to enjoy, and millions to build shelters for the homeless/freeloaders. The middle class? Higher taxes is THEIR reward. The smart ones know this and will leave. The joke was that the people without the “tans” are Hawaii residents and those with the “tans” are the tourists. If there’s one place that shows the massive divide between the poor and rich, it’s Hawaii. The state reminds me of a cheap piece of furniture with a beautiful veneer and particle board underneath; as savages rule the day and night…………….

• My Truth says:

ICU,

Love the furniture analogy; although I tend to part with that whole savages ruling the day and night thing…For myself, when I was there, I ruled the locals, and they did whatever I told them to do. I liked to shove their face in it, too. They couldn’t lead their way out of a fucking wet paper bag…

Hey! I hope you’re doing well back here in the lower 48…AMERICA! I know I am. It’s fucking awesome living in the USA again.

Be well,

My Truth

25. My Truth says:

Crystal Lattice,

I’m not sure, but there may be a problem with your website code…I keep getting spoofed websites (Adobe, etc.) that want me to execute a file – also, I recently took down a website of my own that became compromised when a hacker added some code. I hope that’s not the case here, but if it is, hopefully you can take a look, as I’m sure you wouldn’t want that problem on the site.

Regards,

My Truth

26. Rudi says:

Wow there is some serious misplaced rage and racism happening on this blog.

• Renee says:

Rudi, most of us aren’t racist. My daughter is half Chinese. I think most of us are reacting to the unique island racism.

• My Truth says:

Rudi,

Thanks for dropping by.

Now go fuck yourself.

• Renee says:

My Truth! Lol your saying what’s on my mind…probly a mixed Asian with an Aloha shirt who says he’s Hawaiian than cries racism. They want racism that’s not there so bad they beg for it.

• My Truth says:

Renee! Hon, I’m happy to speak for the two of us 🙂 Anytime, you just call on me and I’ll shut these idiots up who come in acting like they know us… have a great day 🙂

MT

27. Renee says:

But, there is a big difference between the education and sophistication levels of locals and Asian nationals or mainland Asians.

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Totally agree. The lines of division are obvious. Mainland Asians typically do not buy into the third world mentality and /or approach to living that the clueless locals do. They are not a buy product of an urban plantation and most of them leave and or have little to do with their Pidgin speaking Neanderthal distant cousins. The Asian Nationals are not accepted by the locals either; however are tolerated. I’m sure the locals notice how fair skinned the Japanese nationals are. Usually an indicator that they are of a more educated and prestigious ilk ; unlike their Hawaii distant darker cousins whose ancestors came to Hawaii to pick sugar in the blazing sun for the man. Whatever the case may be; the locals in Hawaii are not accepting of anyone who was not born there; although their tolerance can waiver……

• Renee says:

I dated a well educated prominent local in my 20s..dated is a stretch, he was a priest I worked for who took advantage, lost his priesthood, now works for kirk Caldwell. Go figure. He’s also settled a child sex abuse case with the diocese. Total scumbag. . he’s half Japanese national, half white military. Twitter his name and express outrage as I did to no avail. He was 20 years older than me,and bragged of his numerous girlfriends. Google MARC ALEXANDER HAWAII. I was with him 99-2010. He was turned into bishop then quit his job. I guess my point is I remember him saying he wouldn’t touch a local woman with a 10 ft pool, he found them repulsive.

28. ICU8PUC2 says:

Renee… I did find the place to be an immoral cesspool of degenerate people and lifestyles per capita. It was Soddom and Gomorrahh……

29. ICU8PUC2 says:

Priest my ass. It was a secular cesspool devoid of all modern day social rules of a modern society. A runaway wasteland of people with alternative lifestyles who can hide and stay out of the mainstream of the modern world

• Renee says:

Yes! And the perks are numerous..nice free housing, new leased car every two years ( Nissan dealership gives the diocese breaks)…unlimited access to young girls. This pig confirmed me, counseled me then hired me for his Sat secretary. Now he’s been dethroned, I heard he’s living with a woman he used to refer to as the hag..a woman 20 years older than me, who he said he couldn’t get rid of. I guess she’s got info on him plus $$$ guess he got desperate with noons around. Lol….and he’s got Kirk Caldwell, who employs pigs. Marc settled a underage sex abuse case in 2016, still living like a king because of corrupt Hawaii politics. Marc was Pastor of St Pius inManoa until 2006, Caldwell was in Mania politics, they did lunch constantly. Still BFFs..disgusting.