Hawaii sucks

I’ve been avoiding this topic since I started this blog but I’m finally breaking down to gripe. And I’m sure I’ll get a lot of flames in the comments about this or any future posts I may have on the subject.

I hate Hawaii. I’ve lived here for over 2 1/2 years and I can’t wait to leave. Sure, the weather is nice but it really does get old after a while; I really miss having all four seasons. But apart from that, I can’t really find a lot of redeeming qualities about Hawaii.

Most of the people I’ve met in the past who enjoy Hawaii only came for a week or two to visit. If you never get out of the tourist areas, I’m sure it’s quite nice. Waikiki is clean (at least where the tourists go) and the beaches are nice over there. But once you leave the tourist areas, Honolulu is more like a ghetto. Many of the buildings are decrepit, there’s trash and graffiti all over, there’s a lot of homeless people, etc. Behind the facade of paradise is the gutter of real Hawaii.

The local government could care less about doing its job and corruption is rampant across the islands. Last year, 48 million gallons of raw sewage were dumped into the Ala Wai Canal (the demarcation between Waikiki and Honolulu proper). This canal goes straight into the beach area of Waikiki. In the 2+ years I’ve been here, there’s probably been more than eight sewage spills around Oahu, most of them into the canal.

The city waited three days or so before they posted signs after one of the spills and only did it after public outcry. The reason is because they didn’t want to scare the tourists. However, after the big Ala Wai spill, one man died from acquiring a flesh-eating bacteria infection after falling into the contaminated water. The city claims there was no connection between the infection and the release of sewage.

The latest problem is between go! airlines and Hawaiian. Hawaiian is trying to sue to have go! shutdown due to predatory pricing. go! currently charges ~$20 for a one-way trip to a neighbor island. Hawaiian feels it has to charge the same but, since Hawaiian has a larger infrastructure due to also supplying intercontinental flights, they simply can’t afford to compete locally. They also claim that go! used Hawaiian’s financial information illegally after gaining access to it during Hawaiian’s bankruptcy filings. So rather than competing on service or other things that may justify a higher price, Hawaiian is following the route of the music companies and trying to use the courts to prop up an outdated business model, or so it appears. Hawaiian has admitted that they will raise prices immediately to “market level” if go! is shut down.

There is a distinct racial bias against white people and, to an similar extent, black people too. But if you look “local”, you’re okay. I have friend who is Hispanic and was treated like a local when he went to a bar, even having people buy him drinks. But his white friends were given the cold shoulder, or at least not treated nearly as well. And Zeus forbid if you’re military.

The term “haolie” is used to distinguish white people from all others here. According to a dictionary I looked at, haolie means “foreigner”. But it’s definitely not used for all non-locals, only the white ones. And I’ve talked to several native Hawaiians who have stated that it actually means “soulless one”, implying that white people have no soul.

Speaking of language, since when is pidgin English considered a bona-fide language? It’s considered an unofficial language of Hawaii; they have dictionaries, books, and even classes on how to speak it. To me, I just think the speaker is a completely illiterate imbecile when I hear it. Seriously, it makes a person sound like a complete moron when he can’t speak in complete sentences. It’s worse than hearing people who have English as a second language; at least you know they’re trying to learn English.

I have a lot more to complain about but I’ll save it for later. But I know that I’m not alone in my distaste for Hawaii. Nearly every single military person I’ve met hates it here and can’t wait for orders out of here. As a matter of fact, there was one guy who cut his shore duty short and went back to sea because he couldn’t stand it.

Update: Since everyone seems to love commenting about this article (probably because of the title), I thought I’d make sure readers realize that there are other, related articles to this. Apparently relying on people to look at the sidebar for similar stories isn’t enough.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4,138 Responses to Hawaii sucks

1. Whydoyouneedtoknow says:

Lol….Renee didn’t you post this?
    Boo-Hoooo! 😭😭😭😭😭😭

2. Whydoyouneedtoknow says:

Reneed didn’t you post this? I hate the Haole thing in Hawaii, but since I’ve been on the mainland 6 years I can’t adapt and have become increasingly isolated and depressed. I miss Hawaii and can’t believe I’m making plans to go back. Anybody else????
    Booooo- hoooooooo!😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

3. Whydoyouneedtoknow says:

Lol! Yes it was. Boohoo hoooooo! I miss Hawaii I can’t function boooooohoooooooooo

You’er all ready a Pansy but….now you’er a liar too?
    Renee says:
    March 26, 2017 at 5:33 am
    My Truth says:
    March 26, 2017 at 5:46 am
    Stop. You’re using a location to try and change your psychological situation. Go see a doctor to handle your depression and isolation. You’re barking up the wrong tree, and may make it worse, by returning to a place that will – most likely – make you MORE isolated and MORE depressed.

Good luck.

My Truth

It was your first post to this blog…..oh how lies make youwant to forget but, lies always come back to bite you.

4. Whydoyouneedtoknow says:

I am not stalking you…..your own words are just returning from the past to bite you in your present. You just lost all credibility.

5. Renee says:

Hey crazy, I’m not worried about credibility with you …go take your meds.

• Whaydoyouyouneedtoknow says:

Renee you really do share a brain with false truth. You both repeat the same redundant rhetorical lame brain catch phrase over and over again.
      WHats wrong did you eat lead paint chips as a child?

6. Whydoyouneedtoknow says:

Truth says:
    March 26, 2017 at 5:46 am

Good luck.

My Truth
    Renee says:
    March 26, 2017 at 6:46 am
    Thanks for the reality check. Do you not ever feel like you miss the weather , the good people there?? (Ok of my friends were fellow transplants!). I’m just at the end of winter here maybe the sun coming will help.

It’s the same symbol and color next to your name, if it was a different Renee it would but a different color symbol……tsk tsk tsk liar…….

7. My Truth says:

John?

• john says:

hey not sure why I’m no longer getting any notice gotta check my email see if I accidently marked one as spam ..

• My Truth says:

Oh! Well, you’ve missed a little action here and there 😉

The “Unsubscribe” button is directly below the “Reply” one in my yahoo account…I can see where that might happen if you press it accidentally.

How are you?

MT

8. KellieLee says:

WHYDOYOUNEEDTOKNOW, what value are you adding to the sound debate? You are down to maxi pad? Lordy..the point of this board is made, over, and over again! Thank You Jesus!

• Whaydoyouyouneedtoknow says:

No point…..coming here and poking a stick at the narrow minded is like taunting the monkeys at the zoo.

• My Truth says:

Well, at least you admit to being a vapid, insignificant troll of a shitbag. How’s it feel to be irrelevant?

• Whaydoyouyouneedtoknow says:

False truth, You just use the same words over and over again…..you need to read more often to improve your vocabulary.
        The real trolls are the ones who come on this blog to complain and whine about Hawaii even when they are no longer resident, At least I live here.
        Move on…..grow, evolve.
        Or is it that your life is so insignificant and pathetic; this little online demented Club of dweebs is all you have as a positive within your life?

• Whaydoyouyouneedtoknow says:

False truth you come here to poke fun at the locals….so that would make you a douchebag. How does it make you feel to be irrelevant imbecile?

9. Betty says:

To all those who googled Hawaii Sucks. Now, you understand why we post what we post even after leaving the islands. We are providing a service to all those who are contemplating leaving, contemplating moving to or feel unable to express their opinions for whatever reason. We experienced what life is like and want to educate and enlighten those who are only given partial information or outright lies. Observe the responses of locals and it proves our point.

• Whydoyouneedtoknow says:

Betty, agree with you Hawaii is corrupt but what place isn’t. Yes, if you are your stereotypical self-righteous narrow minded american white person; Hawaii is not the place for you.
      Reading “your” comments are just as ignorant, as the locals.
      Your called Haolie a racial slur, and it is said to make you feel inferior; it hurts and it isn’t fair.
      Now remember that feeling Everytime you look down upon a non white while you live on the mainland.
      American history: whites stole the land from Indians called it manifest destiny; brought slaves to build and sweat die in the fields and build railroads. Until 60s Jim crow laws terrorized Blacks in the southern states…..
      america was built on corruption and whites bullied non whites that’s history.
      So now you know how it feel to be treated as a minority, but you didnt learn your lesson. You complain or as you say educate others about the lies of Hawaii and act self righteous just like the locals.
      What you and your fellow bloggers post is filled with vulgarity and hate proving that you are not as enlighten as you believe yourself to be, your bigots.

I will apologize for being contentious but, I just wanted to give you guys a taste of your own Medicine; since you always serve it to the S.bag locals.
      I am sorry that you and everyone here was treated unfairly but, people aren’t stupid they can tell an sincere person from an insincere person no matter their intellectual level.
      Humans don’t treat each other well anymore but in actuality history shows we never had.
      Be well…

• Renee says:

Why do you assume Betty is white??? That’s plain ignorant.lots of colors on the mainland.

• My Truth says:

Careful Renee, you might make Mr. Fancypants weep, there. I’m sure he’ll respond with a raft of pompous shit to take the focus off the real issue: locals are shitbags…

• Renee says:

LOL he’s got meds to take

• Betty says:

I have no time for you. You are an American-hating bigot. Move to North Korea if you are unhappy here. Your race card and/or slavery card has expired.

Betty,

This idiot has turned tail and left. He picked the wrong fight and lost badly. Losers like this know they are losers, and that’s just how it is. He doesn’t know shit about us. Good on you, girl 🙂

Best,

MT

• Desert Scorpion says:

” Yes, if you are your stereotypical self-righteous narrow minded american white person; Hawaii is not the place for you.” What does being a white person have to do with anything you racist?

• Renee says:

Scorpion, why are you assuming we are white? Secondly, you googled Hawaii sucks to find us, lol. Not everyone from the mainland is white , not everyone celebrates Asian ethnocentric thinking and other culture ignorance like Hawaii. Obviously, deep down you know Hawaii sucks to have found us!

• My Truth says:

Not sure, but I think he was quoting that idiot, “Whydoyouneedtoknow.”

Oh! Ok;)

🙂

• john says:

Gee thanks so much …. because your opinion is so deeply important … asswipe

• My Truth says:

We ran his ass out of here last month. Another loser who said he’d outlast us. He was fucking weak.

• john says:

I’m good… still peck’n away at bills getting closer every month… as far ahim being chased off and weak… I can only offer my own rendition of a Tom Jones classic of “it’s not unusual”… you & the family loving life back in reality?

That’s a great cut 😉

Life is so good, I never thought it could be this fabulous. I was just in the grocery store – you can buy three times the cereal for 1/3 the price. Personally, I’m doing great – selling the house in Hawaii so I can buy one here CASH, and then it’s Easy Street for me. I feel SO GOOD about my decision to leave that one-horse shit-hole. Keep pecking brother, it’s worth it.

Betty,

Ignore him. He’s a dirtbag Hawaiian apologist who has no purpose other that to speak and hear himself talk. He thinks he’s so pious, when in reality he’s a pompous ass. Don’t worry; we don’t owe this troll anything. He’s nothing. He speaks from his own distorted mind, not from experience.

Great to hear from you!

MT

• Whydoyouneedtoknow says:

Lol, the two of you are encourageable.
        You make fun of the locals because you say they are uneducated, and you dismiss me because I am educated.
        My Experience: I am accepted here and not because I agree with the irrational ideology; I am accepted because I can logical explain why I don’t yet, I am empathetic.
        That is why myoptic people have a hard time getting along with others, they can see pass their own nose.

• My Truth says:

You’re educated? Why then do you use the word “encourageable” when it should be “incorrigible?” You’re a complete and total fucking idiot. Move on. You’re done here.

LOL!!!

• My Truth says:

Hahaha Renee, no worry, he’ll come back and try to put together a cogent thought while writing in a disjointed, unconscious, grammatically poor manner, then tell us how educated he is. He’s an idiot and he knows it. That’s why he has no point. Next!

• Whydoyouneedtoknow says:

Funny, I never assumed Betty was white I was speaking in general. Extra funny that you assume I am a male; I am a woman but yes False truth… I am more of a man than you will ever be.
        Enjoy your blog lol!

10. ICU8PUC2 says:

Whydoyouneedtoknow is the standard whitey who has bought in the lazy welfare lifestyle of the Gulag Archipelago. This person was wooed by pictures of Diamondhead and lazy days on white sand beaches. Couldn’t get it done on the Mainland and tried to change their life by coming to the Welfare Isles. Coming to terms with the festering poverty and the realization that there may be jobs but few careers is taking it’s toll on Whydoyouneedtoknow . We understand and we know the plight of everyday life on this overtaxed and overrated chaotic degenerate mess of an island Oahu really is. ALOHA HARD!

• Renee says:

LOL LOL….I got the strong feeling he’s a typical limp dick tree hugging chopstick eating, attempted pidgin talking overly accommodating weak sell out WHITEY too!!!!👍👍👍

• My Truth says:

A pleasure, ICU, glad to see you stop by. I think we ran him off… He’s been awwwfullllyyy quiet the last 24 hours. How are you doing these days? Great to see you.

Truth

11. ICU8PUC2 says:

Things are good. People overall in public are courteous, my stress level has decreased, and it’s an easy commute since I left the Appalachia of the Pacific. It’s easy living without state income tax. Update: the morons will be doing a 2 years water line project on Waiakamilo from Houghtailing to Nimitz….make that it will be 4 years and then the rail will come through…..what a chaotic mess that dumpy little Banana Republic is….Where I’m at now, people are welcoming and don’t care where you are from……..Most don’t realize that Oahu is a very stressful , over-rated , dysfunctional boondoggle of a place…..

• My Truth says:

When I first arrived, a friend exclaimed, “Hey, you’re going to get a speeding ticket!” He was right. I was doing a minimum of 10-20 mph over the posted speed limit – and it also made me realize just how stressful living in Honolulu made my life. Every spare minute is needed because the traffic sucks. Not here. A “traffic jam,” to me now, is when I take an additional five minutes to get to work. When school lets out for the summer, there’s no noticeable difference, except it takes five minutes less to commute.

I also live in a dry climate now. Today was 100 degrees. Problem? Nope. I have what’s called a “swamp cooler” that pumps microscopic water droplets into my home, driven by a fan. It cools everything down just fine. Sitting here now, at 94, it feels more like 75. I do not miss those oppressive muggy days of Hawaii weather one bit. It’s back to the four seasons for me, and I have loved very single minute of it.

Work is great. What workplace doesn’t have problems with personalities and issues? None. But there is one major difference: I have never been judged based on whether or not I was from here, nor the color of my skin. People judge me based on how well I do my job, what I stand for, and how I treat others. I have garnered more education and training in the last year than the last decade in Hawaii alone – I was definitely stunted. More like, apathetic. You see, Hawaii does that to people, it grinds them down into someone who isn’t their best. Oh, it might be good for idiots like the one who was posting here recently, but he’s a fucking half-wit who deserves to live a shitty life anyway. People like us? John, Renee, ICU, Betty, myself? We know better. A LOT better.

Great to hear from you, ICU!

MT

• Renee says:

Stunted….good way to put it!! You have to downgrade or change your personality to survive. Not selling out for low lifes

12. ICU8PUC2 says:

Traffic, Vog, Racism/Discrimination, Overpopulated, Extremely Expensive, Isolated, Hot, and Small: This is Hawaii. Whats not to miss??? Ever since I left my stress levels have decreased substantially. The truth is, there is no real peace on Oahu. There is no space, limited resources, and a long history of cross-cultural racism and discrimination that will never seem to end. There is so much competition, corruption, and greed that a bitter sadness looms over the place and if you lived there for years you know it’s palpable. I have never met so many stupid, inarticulate, bottom feeders in my life while living in Honolulu for over 10 years. Lets just talk about traffic, the weather, the next potluck, and going Vegas…. The fantasy of Hawaii versus the reality of daily living are polar opposites. Living in Waikiki I got fed up with the tourists and that there was a fair amount of stuff in Waikiki; yet there was really nothing there. How many times could I stroll down Kalakaua Ave before I went insane? As many would agree, to function there long term, one must create a bubble to insulate ones self from the degenerate local community. I knew that and it worked for a few years; but once the charm wore away and they closed the Shell Bar at the Hilton Hawaiian Village; it was time to actively start looking for the exits. Ala Moana Par, Ft. Derussy Beach, Magic Island were all nice, but after 500 times , it was time to go… It took about 3 1/2 years and as I look back; I do realize that the quality of every day life was in the shitter and the inflationary pressures were off the chart. The myth and fantasy will always just be that as many of us now realize from doing time on the Gulag Archipelago.

• My Truth says:

Sounds like a genuine case of “Battle Fatigue,” there, ICU. I sure as hell experienced it. That bubble you speak of is very real – in actuality, it was the only thing that kept me sane, was to be able to come home and insulate myself from the low-brow locals and their stupid “Hawaiian slapstick” flavor of humor. Bunch of lame fucking idiots. It’s funny how the majority are village idiots there.

Hey, has anyone heard from John? It’s been awhile and he hasn’t posted recently…I’m a little worried.

Best,

MT

13. Pacific resident says:

Its unfortunate but I totally agree the beauty of the islands and kind hearts of the people make it a place that’s easy to love but the corruption, petty theft, nepotism and constant misuse of US funds makes it a hard place to respect.

14. Ann says:

Posted many times under different names, but I agree with you all…every single poster who tells it like it is! These democratic loons in charge, pandering to the lowest common denominator. Tulsi and Brian ShitShatz throw themselves in front of any camera two seconds after Donald Trump makes a legitimate call to to protect the country! These pandering idiots embody what is wrong with this state at every ahem “professional level”. And lie about the agenda to the low hanging fruit that they want to vote for them! And the lefty libs, the trust fund babies, “empowered middle aged white women who love all things, ALL THINGS Hawaii” empower these lefty loons that have control over everything at the state and county level. Corrupt bunch of low IQ idiots, who only care about themselves and pushing the “victim card” at every turn! This state sucks the life out of the Federal system, as well as it’s legal law abiding taxpayers living here, and yet they want the gravy train to go on forever!

Honolulu is the plantation master of old, and the neighboring island “elected morons” bow and bend and GIVE OUR HARD EARNED MONEY OVER TO THEM without so much as a fight! The rail system is a pork project, a disgusting vanity project of crap, missteps and poor quality..that is costing every working person in HAWAII $$$$$$. And these idiots, don’t see it, or if they do CARE WHAT IT IS DOING TO LEGAL TAXPAYERS! Mazi (I have cancer!) is a horror show, retire. A state run by morons, true morons…and they are proud as peacocks over their less than below average thinking and mediocrity! Corrupt, nepotistic on the most simplest of levels, they despise and are deeply threatened by true work ethic and fight it nastily to the point of embarrassment because they do not realize how moronic and stupid they appear and are! Generalities for sure, but the point is true for most. IMO.

• Chase says:

Hawaii is truly a corrupt state, just look at it’s transparency ratings. The State of Hawaii HATES republicans and is even trying to force pro-life centers to advertise abortions. Disgusting.

• john says:

Chase, you say that as if it’s a bad thing …. them killing off their own inbred corrupt spawn so we don’t have to put up with more of them? Sounds to me like a
        public service.

15. ICU8PUC2 says:

Ann is outstanding! Well said and totally agree…….
    Best take; ” the trust fund babies, “empowered middle aged white women who love all things, ALL THINGS Hawaii” ….. so true; I’ve seen all these woman who don’t work and live off their husband’s careers as they attend yoga classes and spa days at the beach……

16. Renee says:

Ok what I don’t get about Brian Shatz from Michigan , white sell out typical, is he DOES jump in front of the camera to be anti Trump, same for the other political morons in Hawaii. But locals and these morons have said they want nothing to do with the mainland, all Hawaii all the time. Then stay out of mainland politics hypocritical fucktards just want something to whine about.!!!!

• Ann says:

That little turd and the phony Tulsi and Mazie Dazie, get on my last nerve! Pandering fools who refuse to see logic! They only parrot what the idiots who are too emotional, too pent up with “feelings”, posses ZERO logic or critical thinking skills think. Tulsi I predict will make a play to run for PRES. God help us all!

• Ann says:

Yeah, this is getting zero press locally or otherwise…other than the first report. CRICKETS! “Johnny a GOOD BOY, he no can”. SMH! Silence, NO SPEAK ABOUT THE CONVERT, a convert of the INSANE IDEOLOGY that the LEFTIST idiots think is just super duper in a country found on a Christian values! They really believe we all, can get along and sing KUMBAYA. Centuries of history and fact have proven that SWEET FANTASY, is a FANTASY based on the loons history! Political correctness, what ever that is now, I haven’t a clue is ruining the world, including this leftist stupidity who live in and run our state. They now are suing again and again what has been deemed “CONSTITUTIONAL” which it always was, but this ruling a formality. This state contributes nothing but pains in the asses!!!!!! The Mainland I can tell you does not think about them at all! They don’t. They are not valued, they are proven leeches for the taxpayers they hate, most of America knows this. The body of government here is a joke, and shamefully so. But Hawaii bearing braggarts the likes of no state has seen before will tell you till the end of times that they are the best, the best, the best. When it is proven otherwise every damn day! Take this “local boy” and put him long term somewhere where he cannot see a clear light of day again, once convicted!

• Renee says:

I noticed that lack of press too when can we go back to HI being a province they shouldn’t be allowed to enter our superior elite military with highly respected mainland officers given their island stupidity and ignorance toward our military and mainland people , mainland diversity and customs of all colors. They want rubbah slippahs and spam, everything Hawaii all the time. Stay home with the green beer cans , poverty, heat and cockroaches, stay out of the military.!! Our men are far too dignified for you.

17. Renee says:

Your lack of class isn’t welcome n the military.

18. G says:

Spell check >>Haole
    Meaning, without breath.
    Pidgin, derived from the cane fields
    where workers of many different languages developed the pidgin language to be able to COMMUNICATE with each other.

• My Truth says:

Yeah G, so, this isn’t exactly the place to air out your Hawaiian/local-apologist ideology. If you read previous posts, it’s been covered ad nauseum, but thanks for stopping by. The “Mmmmmmm, I love Hawaii” blog is two doors down, on the left.

Regards

19. ICU8PUC2 says:

Imagine being like G? G’s existence revolves around a continuum of talking about race, Haole, traffic, weather, and what high school you went to? This is standard Hawaii. Stuck in time with a limited future where outsiders dominate with money, education, and an understanding of the world beyond this volcanic mound in the middle of nowhere. This is the plight of the locals. A sub-humanoid group of lost souls stuck on a humid little dirty run down archipelago of poverty, despair, and mediocrity. Where time stands still as the world moves forward. A stagnant backwater where younger educated folks leave to have a life and the over 65 population grows. Soon it will just be Senior citizens, younger meth heads on welfare, high school illiterates in retail, a small professional sector, and an insulated millionaire class of outsiders in their walled off bubble from the locals. Historically and for most Americans , annexation of Hawaii was only secured after years of debate about the dangers of Hawaii’s population of native “savages ” and “Oriental heathens” was effectively overridden by the U.S. Navy’s need for a re-coaling station on its way to secure the conquest of the Philippines. In turn the great Section-8/ Welfare State was born out of the ashes of the Plantations……..

20. john says:

hey MT, signing in with a new email,hopefully will start getting notices again. So reply to this … or at least will find where it’s blocked. john

21. ICU8PUC2 says:

MT,
    I am a bit confused about the article you posted. It’s the typical fake drool of some fantasy world that doesn’t typically exist. It’s smells like an add from the HTA.

22. ICU8PUC2 says:

Thanks MT; by the way , inflation up 2.5% on Oahu so far this year; unfunded pensions and the rail boondoggle. We left at the right time. Yet; the state and local rag keeps spouting about 2.7% unemployment. That’s easy to achieve when half the state is on welfare and the stiff there works 2-3 jobs lest he’s a union hack. Lucky you live Hawaii suckers…..

• john says:

Now they have fat idiot cops waiting at the cross walk at fort st mall handing out tickets to people who don’t cross exactly within the cross walks & people looking at their cell phones crossing the street … anything to screw the general public who pay their wages outta another dime .. meanwhile three blocks up in chinatown people can’t understand “street closed construction” and they are all walking out in the street instead of crossing to the other side … not a ticket handed out.

23. First of all you’re an asshole and sound like a real ungrateful piece of shit. The ala wai is not for swimming and if anyone falls in, they’re either drunk or high. I was born and raised in the slums of the Bronx in New York city and people like you really have no idea what a bad area even feels like. Here I am, living in Hawaii for five years and I couldn’t be more grateful. I couldnt feel more lucky. I couldn’t be more awed by the utter beauty of this entire island, while people like you gripe and complain about the stupidest things. You should’ve lived in my world growing up in the Bronx. I’ve. Even raped, beaten, left for dead three times, I’ve been groped, discriminated against, held back from all opportunities. Hawaii is not like that. I feel peace. I feel like I have an equal chance here. Five years here, and I haven’t even been raped once! You are unappreciative and a complainer. You won’t be happy anywhere. Guaranteed.

Hi Mystic,

I think you’re putting the cart before the horse. Don’t be so quick to judge – and you’re just plain wrong about never being happy anywhere – I’m living proof, and I hated it in Hawaii. You’re in love with Hawaii, good for you – but don’t make like its the best for everyone. You’d be wrong there, too. Have a nice night.

• Only people who are unappreciative don’t like Hawaii. The ungrateful ones who have no soul.

• My Truth says:

Wrong again, hon. But listen, you just go ahead and keep thinking that – nobody here wants to steal a slice of heaven from you – however, I suggest you find a blog where you’ll be a little more happy, and a little less angry.

• Says the person agreeing that Hawaii is such a terrible place 🙄

• My Truth says:

I no longer live in Hawaii

• What difference does that make? You’re telling me to post happier things while your comments are negative about Hawaii. Hello??? Don’t you see how unhappy that makes you as well? Talk about being a hypocrite.

• My Truth says:

Ah, no hon, telling the truth about my shitty experiences in Hawaii does not make me am unhappy person. Next question.

• john says:

Having lived in 48 states all except alaska and michigan, hitch-hiked across the nation, canada and mexico, several times starting when I was 13, when I hitch-hiked to NYC in the mid seventies… (lived on Bleeker St., and up by the cloisters by washington bridge) at 5’2′ & a hundred pounds, long hair and often mistaken for a girl… yet I’ve never once been raped… never even the slightest unwanted advance… sure I was groped, I have been discriminated against, gotten into plenty of fights… but perhaps you should look at how you present yourself?
      As far as the Ala Wai, having lived two blocks from it for several years in the iolani neighbourhood, not only have I seen people living in the mangroves fishing, crabbing and and consuming the stock from the canal, I’ve seen many times people from micronesia & locals doing their laundry on the dock…. as well as under the bridges that the in the water flowing into the Ala Wai… apparently someone was recently stabbed to death under one?
      I am truly glad for you that you feel safe and at peace here, everyone deserves that …
      I however have been rewarded 95 % of the time while helping at my own expense, by being ripped off, by “locals” and then having the joy of listening to them talk shite about how for helping them I’m a “stupid haole” … and if / when we go to war with korea / china in the near future, I will feel no sympathy or empathy what so ever if if entire neighbourhoods are exterminated by friendly fire…
      Having lived in Manhattan, on several occasions, Palm Beach, the Keys, Dallas, Denver, Salt Lake City, New Orleans, Santa Fe, San Diego, L.A. San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle where I owned a house inner city for about fifteen years… and a host of other cities. I can honestly say, hawaii is actually the most unfriendly, hateful, discriminatory, corrupt, shitehole I’ve ever lived … and before you say I haven’t given it a chance? I’ve been here pushing twenty years, and looking forward to returning to the mainland.
      But hey, you enjoy your fantastic life here by all means.

• You’ve never been raped in New York? Lol very funny. Your name is John. Dudes don’t get raped as much as we do. Let’s just be honest here.

• My Truth says:

Here’s a question: why would you lead off in a conversation disclosing you were raped?

• john says:

Come on MT you know exactly why, she’d lead off with lead off a conversation disclosing you were raped? local kind, always play the victim card, even when you are the perpetrator … And for your information mystic landing, young boys / men are often the victim of rape as well… My ex works with homeless and underprivileged youth in NYC … I also dated the cop Paul who introduced the bicycle cops in NY & Seattle.. Surprised your tarot cards, magic, and spells didn’t protect you ?

• john says:

Mystic Landing … know what we call a mystic with terrible intuition, no foresight, no second sight, and the inability to use ones third eye? A FRAUD.

• To show how someone who really had a hard life and a hard childhood can be so much more appreciative to things. People with sheltered lives tend to be ungrateful. People who had it really rough tend to appreciate more. That’s my point.

• My Truth says:

So, you’re automatically making some pretty strong assumptions – having life rougher than, well, everyone – is one of them. You really don’t sound happy here. Why don’t you just move on to the “I love Hawaii blog,” it’s two doors down on the left.

24. My Truth says:

I no longer live in Hawaii…

25. ICU8PUC2 says:

Mystic is another example of the standard newcomer who runs away from the realities of the real world and ends up in Hawaii. The state is filled with underachievers and shallow lost souls. Those who typically can’t get it done elsewhere end up on it’s shores. Few move to Hawaii to make it. It’s the Ellis island of the Pacific that promises government handouts. Lot’s of low wage jobs with almost no careers. The influx of marginal lost souls adds to the transient twilight zone feel of the place. These people come with little to offer or any vision and the state continues on with it’s continuum of mediocrity. These newcomers are all just running away from their problems and issues and it’s all evident in the strange social fabric of the place.

• john says:

It’s the new everglades … where outlaws, and those who can’t fit in come to “find” themselves and or hide from prosecution

• Renee says:

WTF is going on here? Another spam gobbling or Asian worshipping idiot who needs his ass handed to him???

26. Renee says:

Mystic landing what landed your ass here was googling HAWII SUCKS so you know in your heart its true🍺🍺🍺

27. Smiling says:

Enjoy your pathic little blog it won’t be up for much longer…..all one has to do is claim this is a racist blog that discriminate against the native Hawaiians proof it’s gone……

Google is getting rid of all Neo Nazi and Kkk .Com domains any sites that Google considers to be hate speech will be taken down.
    Please research and see the writing on the wall. I am all for free will and speech but I am double enjoy when smug arrogant loser like yourself get hit with a long over due just deserved.
    Now please My Truth says something ignorant to add fuel to the fire.

• My Truth says:

NICE try, shitbag local… you’ve completely missed the point. It’s not about Hawaiians at all – it’s not even about racial ANYTHING. I’ll tell you what it IS about though, you trailer park trash local: You. You and your vagrant, lazy, generational welfare, generational housing, contemptuous idiotic “slapstick local humor,” and your lame – ass, no goal life. See, it’s not about your skin color. Is about YOU and how pathetic a person YOU are. Ok, local shitbag? You have a nice evening 🙂

• Renee says:

My Truth!!! Lol couldn’t have said it better!!! Nothing against the HAWAIIAN race, ( they are actually some of the best people on earth) but the RACIST ignorant inbred low class locals breeds and THEIR stupidity! They think they are Hawaiian LMAO

• My Truth says:

By the way, you DO know stupid you are, right? You can’t put together a cogent thought – let alone an intelligent sentence. You write like a 5th-grader – that is typical of idiotic locals in Hawaii. The truth is, you might have had some college. You work at Zippy’s and probably some dim sum place as a second job. Oh, wait, you live on welfare…

• john says:

My truth, gotta love how “locals” always try and twist the situation into them being the victim…..
      Smiling, good luck with that … I, as have many, have in fact pointed out on many occasions. the actual 6-9% native hawaiians (according to the 2017 census) who inhabit Hawaii have never been the people whom we take issue with on this blog… you might find also “native” hawaiians have never been a complaint for the military in hawaii …
      Those being pointed out on this blog are the self entitled, ignorant, low life, lying, stealing, hateful asian mutts & mokes with no respect for American standards of honesty, integrity, quality & work ethic… those uneducated, unqualified (other than being “locals” and related to someone else in the office) in their very important government jobs protected by their unions… (for now, should we go to war with korea & china, the entire government, and law enforcement will be under control of the military for which the unions have zero power over)… after 70 years of “locals” treating the military, and those whom have relocated to the “aloha state” like shite, and offering nothing short of degradation of American values.. Karma is going to be a hellava bitch. I hope that works out for you and your “ohana” Smiling …

• Renee says:

Hey smiling, Obviously you know Hawaii sucks to have googled it! Try to shut us down, nothing against REAL native Hawaiians, it was the ignorant insecure plain locals who were ignorant as fk against ME as w light Mexican American. Were not all white here dumm ass

• My Truth says:

HaHaHaHa! Good one Renee! I gather local shitbag Smiley has no idea how to even get notified by the blog on how to come back and get insulted!

MT 😉

• My Truth says:

Hey Smiling, you shitbag of a local, you…guess who’s blog is still here after you said it would be gone? You’re as pathetic as you are stupid…and, my guess is you won’t get this message, because you’re too dumb to figure out there are alerts when something is posted. Anyway, enjoy your shitty little island where you eat a pound of sticky rice with every meal. Shitbag…

28. Renee says:

MT you know he’s finger typing from his hot roach infested mother’s room or one bedroom studio above a bar in Wakiki….insecutity and ignorance

29. Betty says:

Don’t you just hate it when those who claim to respect free speech are the first ones to want to silence speech they do not agree with? Go away little Smiley Snowflake. We patriots intent to fight to keep our First Amendment right, whether it offends you or anybody else.

30. ICU8PUC2 says:

BREAKING NEWS out of the Hawaiian Islands: Was contacted by my old boss at Ft. Shafter. I decided to leave the Rock for a promotion back in America as I work as a Senior Government GS employee. My old boss asked me if I would return for a even greater promotion as he cannot find someone to do the job. I always say yes; as I will need full disclosure until I make my decision. After doing just a bit of research of condo prices to actually live like a human being; it seems like to actually live like that it would run about $3200-3500 per month to include mortgage/HOA/Cable/ Property taxes/Insurance. Question to you all: Are there any pay thresholds that would bring you back to this dumpy shitty mound? ( I did sell my old condo when I left)……

• Renee says:

I wouldn’t take any job that included working with lazy mainland blaming victim playing rubbah slippah weasring locals.

ICU,

Before you do anything like that, re-read every single post you’ve ever left here on HS…

For myself, it would be no, never, no way, no how, not under any circumstances. I am so much happier with my life, now that I’ve left the idiot locals of Hawaii.

Good luck coming to a conclusion; only you truly know whether our not you should move back.

Regards,

MT

• ICU8PUC2 says:

MT,
        You are quite correct. I am aware at how dysfunctional the place is and what a scam it is. I just wanted your take on the matter and if there ever would be a number that would have you return in terms of salary.

I always say yes as I don’t want to burn any bridges. I would always need full disclosure. Bottom line is that any pay increase would typically be evaporated by the 8.1% state tax and the ridiculous cost of living.

My life is a whole lot better too and so much less stress from living and working there. That has a monetary value too.

ICU,

Damned right quality of life has monetary value – I didn’t know how unhappy I was until I moved…and I feel so much the richer for it, as well…

I really like your “yes” model. That’s a smart approach. I also go by the mantra “Let them tell you no.” My career has been so much better because of it!

To answer your question, my quality of life would have to be the same or better to move back – no debt, paid off house (in my 40’s,) and plenty more money to boot. That’s not going to happen. I’m good 😉

Great hearing from you!

MT

• My Truth says:

Ummm…i JUST caught your username haha…

• john says:

ICU, Not a snowballs chance in hell….I’ve been here much too long to have seen first hand how oppressive and smothering this place is …. just walking the dog and seeing all the trash strewn about the roadside, seeing homeless shitting in the parks, & in the landscaping of apartment buildings… vagrants walking up to you on the street or in your car saying “you got five dollar?” Not being able to leave anything in the back of your truck while you run into the store, cause some local will help themselves and not a damn thing you can do about it … or you’ll be the one getting charged with a crime… food, music, and entertainment available on the mainland is enough in itself to warrant staying where you are… just my two cents …. Wish you all the best and much happiness in your adventures

• My Truth says:

Also, I carry a weapon with me everywhere I go – with over 50 rounds of ammunition – because there are stories about people on ice or PCP (or, not,) who have taken more than 20 rounds to be brought down. Hawaii can kiss my ass. I’m protected where I live now, and that’s not going to change…

31. ICU8PUC2 says:

Just caught it after all this time??????

32. ICU8PUC2 says:

Currently debt and mortgage free and no kids……
    So, I am free to entertain all offers…… I’m maybe 7 years or so from retirement

33. ICU8PUC2 says:

I think we are all priced out of there now anyway……. Any raise would be swallowed up in insane real estate costs…..

34. ICU8PUC2 says:

Renee nailed it. It would be a great place if we could get rid of all the locals…

35. ICU8PUC2 says:

Was looking at a Facebook post from an old friend in Honowuwuw…. She posts a picture of food she was eating which was standard “American” fare….. one of her local guy friends writes on her post… ” You need a Heineken to wash down all that Haole food”…….. The point of my entry today is just to confirm that it would take a real whole lot of money to ever have me return to this typical Island mentality…… Thanks for all your advice and input yesterday…….

36. nothaole says:

dumb haole

Lol dumb not Halle😂

• My Truth says:

Is that all you got, you piece of local garbage? It’s not Haole, it’s “Howlie.”

• Renee says:

Howlie!!!! Howlie!!!! Were so dumb we left because it’s a rock full of dummies…lol

Hi Renee 😉

I like to fuck with locals on that howlie thing every chance I get. I think it goes right through them.

It’s my word, now…

😉

• Renee says:

Lol! I like to fk with them with that word too…I get the vibe the people coming thru here are rainbow shitting aloha wearing local ass kissing weak minded hawlies …howlies…howwwllllllliiiiieeee…lol

• My Truth says:

You totally got me laughing on that rainbow shitting thing hahaha.

JOHN. STOP MAKING SO MUCH SENSE, YOU ASSHOLE!!!!

• john says:

Hey MT, & Renee,… Maybe we can get this brilliant local to tell us the story oh how their Queen (while dressed in the white women’s fashion of the day, while living in a palace, built in the white man’s style, and filled with the white man’s furnishings) and their country was overthrown by less than two dozen farmers…. I can only assume all of the mighty warriors we all have heard so much about had already been replaced by that time by a bunch of fat, ugly, lazy, stupid mokes by then….

• Renee says:

John most of the island fucktards are not even Hawaiian but Asian transplants with Hawaiian names

• john says:

yeah I know, I’ve lived here in the asian reign for pushing 20 years … oddly they believe themselves to be both the master race, and descended from hawaiian royalty… hahahahahahahhahahaha

• Renee says:

Do they really believe people don’t know the difference between Asian and Hawaiian? Then they want you to treat them like their so fking special. Lol dude your Asian not Hawaiian. I remember me and my peurto rican friend joined the locals for lunch at a high and mighty Japanese sushi place. Another dumb Hallie ( rainbow pooper) actually sat there and tried to speak bad pidgin and deal with uncooked crap. My Puerto Rican friend and I got up, she said we aren’t eating this shit, we went and got McDonalds and brought it to the table. It was so funny….shifty eyes, offended faces. Its not fucking Japan idiots…that was one of the best memories I have giving it to the shitbag locals lol

• My Truth says:

Holy shit Renee, that is one for the books! Yeah, just like many other things like the Oo-ku-lay-lay, Reggae, and quilting, locals also think sushi is indigenous to “Da Aina.” Fucking idiots. I like how this one conversation started with one idiot local coming in here, saying something stupid, then turning tail and RUNNING.

• Renee says:

Haha I still revel in that memory! That stupid look on their ducking faces…oh that was satisfying lol…my friend was so sassy and gave it to them each chance she got. Yes I love when fucking no ball idiots come here and think we give a shit about them defending their retarded backward so called culture lol

37. Renee says:

Insecure Hawaiian wannabes

38. Renee says:

Not Hawaiian but Asian…99.9 percent of ” locals” lol. I got mad respect for actual real Hawaiians. Very very rare.

• john says:

you mean inbred; asian, portuguese, & samoan mutts

• john says:

I agree 100%, re the very few actual (6-9% of the population) native Hawaiian people, they seem educated, well spoken, and the one’s I’ve had the pleasure of meeting have been really great…

• Renee says:

Yea the aloha wearing chopstick using locals all mixed with all kinds of blood. Real Hawaiians I met in Waianae or Nanakuli are actually some of the nicest, non judgemental people I’ve met. All the racist insecurity stems from so called locals whatever that is and the fact that they can never be and never will be real Hawaiians.

39. My Truth says:

Eh. Be nice to loco-kine ppl…

40. Charlie says:

Brah, I be like an Asian yet I feel local!

41. ICU8PUC2 says:

Just a follow up: As mentioned before; my old boss back at Ft. Shafter had offered me more money to get me to come back. After working the calculations; even with a higher salary; I would still come out with less money monthly thanks to the obscene real estate costs. I also was having some flashbacks to sitting in traffic, driving on dilapidated roads through 3rd world looking communities. Most of all it’s the locals. To be subjected to the limited mentality and their braggadocious attitude; one would have to pay me a whole lot more money to deal with those festering undamenchin again. Limited, hot, humid, one dimensional , and a complete culture of greed and corruption……

42. Betty says:

Wise decision, ICU. AMEN. Today was told by a local “friend” who called that the weather I’m experiencing here on mainland sounds like “Hawaii weather”. Bull! The weather here is 73 degrees with 50 dew point. Hawaii was 85, feels like 92 with 72 dew point. Where do these stupid rice gobbling, slippah wearing, backward, Howlee haters get their collective delusions from?

• My Truth says:

BETTY: My word, every sentence you write drips with truth and wisdom…Love having you drop by from time to time…plus, we’ve got you in reserve in case any pain-in-the-ass local needs a good wake-up call…Oh, we all can get the job done, it’s just the variety is nice 😉

MT 🙂

• Betty says:

Yep, how we love to handle these locals when need be. It is always fun stopping by to see what the latest local nutjob has to say. Variety is really nice. Have a good one MT. Betty

43. ICU8PUC2 says:

Betty; the typical and predictable deer in the headlights looking local can discuss three issues. The weather, pot lucks, and going Vegas. A limited functional capacity to engage in any meaningful conversation. As times marches on and real estate costs skyrocket ( coupled with almost zero opportunities) lest you want to be some slug working with Neanderthals at the Pear Harbor Shipyard with inflated wages paid by tax dollars; more and more educated younger locals are fleeing The Banana Republic for real jobs and the opportunity to make a life for themselves. They will typically leave behind their family of lost souls living in those 3 story rectangular section-8 Hawaiian McMansions filled with steamy hot roach infested apartments, teenage pregnancy, and meth heads. The place will just continue to circle the drain where one day the economy there will crash and it may take on a Mad Max Road Warrior scenario where hoards of homeless rule the streets, pasty white environmentalist oddballs dominate on windward Oahu banning anything not biodegradable, and east Oahu will just be an extension of Ventura County.

44. Betty says:

ICU, I totally love the way you paint a picture with your words. You are so right about the 3 topics. Could never have a discussion with locals about books or art. You could write a good fiction story of life in Hawaii in the future. Enjoy life in the real world. Betty.

45. ICU8PUC2 says:

Waikiki shooting. 1 dead, 2 other’s shot. More Waipahu stabbings. Slugs at city council looking to hike fees and taxes. Liqour license up 10%. Crime and cost continues upwards as the place circles the drain

46. Rick Bingenheimer says:

I completely agree

47. Klaud says:

I just recently moved out here from San Diego 3 months ago and I absolutely hate it here. My husband has been here for a year I stayed in California because he was deploying and I didn’t want to be stuck here alone. We have less than 2 years to go and I’m counting the days to get out of here. It’s funny how everyone was excited for us to move here. They have a imagine that it’s paradise. The fact that the state is so fucking corrupt blows my mind. Theres hardly any good roads. The streets are garbage reminds me of when I lived in Mexico. Hawaii looks like a developing country it’s pathetic. Besides the amazing beaches and nice hikes everything on this island is awful. I miss my California so so much and appreciate it a lot more after living in this dump.

• John says:

Welcome to the board/group re your comment of comparison to Mexico, the big difference I see in that is most the mexican people I’ve met while road tripping in mexico have been sincerely nice, hard working people where in hawaii lying and stealing (especially lying to and stealing from “whitie”)are hawaii local’s real favourite sports. While the people I met in mexico were as nice about you after you walk away, in hawaii you can count on the locals having a twelve year old mean girl mentality, tell you one thing to start problems then complete denial of knowing anything about it… then waiting til you are almost out of earshot to say “stupid haole” and laugh with their other island hillbilly friends… you can also always count on hawaii’s locals to always when confronted to try and turn it around to make themselves look the victim…. it’s all predictable, pathetic, and almost laughable.

Klaud,

Yes, I echo my esteemed colleague, John’s sentiments (minus the Mexico stuff, of which I don’t know Jack…)

You’ll find there are a bunch of good, cool, and level-headed people here who can be supportive, sympathetic, empathetic, and downright vicious when the situation calls for some of us to put down a rebellion every once-in-a-while when shitbag locals come by to tell us how much they hate free speech.

So, you’re in good company. We’re here to help – and don’t let any piece of garbage local tell you we’re racist – we’re not. We simply point out BEHAVIORS like vagrancy, slothfulness, stupidity, victimhood, and lameness.

Welcome aboard 😉

Best,

My Truth

• ICU8PUC2 says:

Welcome Klaud. Filth, grime, poverty, crumbling infrastructure, generational racism , crippling congestion, isolated, hot, humid, homeless camps, extortionist prices, ridiculous real estate, despicable natives, faux Polynesian culture, equatorial economics, corruption, greed, low quality of everything, drugs, low moral compass, and a secular degenerate society is your new normal on the urban plantation that is Honolulu. We are here to support you through your sentence on that dysfunctional welfare archipelago

• Tiger says: